Lets look at how GM is really doing. Another Liberal myth

You folks can scream all you want, but who cares? Yes, they have paid back some of what they owe, and they owe some more. To say they haven't paid at all is stupid.

No, to say that GM has "paid back" something when all they've done is use part of the 50 billion they got in TARP to pay the 8 billion they owed from the bailout, is what's stupid, Jake.

And I'm not "screaming" about it. I'm simply pointing out facts. You can't pay a debt TO a person with money borrowed FROM the same person. To say that you can is farce.

they just hate having an auto industry

I hate artificially propping up the jobs of overpaid UAW union workers at the expense of taxpayers. I hate subverting the rule of law to put union supporters of the President ahead of other bond holders in the line to be paid. When someone DOES things like this, they shouldn't be shocked when private equity is reluctant to invest in businesses here in the US. You really do reap what you sow.

I am more than willing to to square away the "overpaid UAW union workers" once the front-loaded payoff for pensions moves the platinum pensions and parachutes from first paid to last paid. You do that, and you will find out that there is no pension problem.

Now give us links to the consensus the UAW have made with the companies and the government.

You will be surprised (perhaps), Oldstyle, that you don't have a probklem after all.

There will always be problems with pensions that work like social security and guarantee a fixed income to people for life. Such system are popular because the people who agree to them at the time will likely have moved on or retire themselves before the accumulative obligations outweigh the ability to meet them; i.e. the sh*t hits the fan. And we are seeing the viscious legacy that is now becoming apparent in many of the states and in the big corporations.

This is why we Americans should rise us, condemn, and demand immediate cease and desist of ANY legislation or actions that obligate us and future generations in unsustainable ways. Those passing the legislation or agreeing to such contracts get their glory, their praise, their satisfaction and solidify their personal power, prestige, influence, and personal fortunes here and now. But they bank on being rich enough that any future consequences won't affect them much. They don't give a sh*t about the consequences for the rest of us.

WHAT?
why is it you think when we discuss an issue that cost the tax payer 50 billion to bail out a private union who had 0 collateral that hate is ANY-THING to do with this?

Would you like to have part of that cash they got and never paid back a penny of it?

(We got back about 1/2 of it to date, but none came form GM)

WHAT? why is it you think when we discuss an issue that cost the tax payer 50 billion to bail out a private union who had 0 collateral that hate is ANY-THING to do with this? Would you like to have part of that cash they got and never paid back a penny of it? (We got back about 1/2 of it to date, but none came form GM)
(1) Yes, we got 1/2 of it back so far, and we will get the rest; (2) GM is responsible for its own books, not JRK; and (3) the bail out was not for the union.

JRK is such a dupe.

Jake your back on ignore
calling people you dis agree with a liar is never going to get you any where in life
But
The reason GM has not paid us back 0 is because the first payment came from, TARP
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...iqndDQ&usg=AFQjCNFFIqKY7CMPIAgl55wc3W7ekBYJIw

Apr 22, 2010 – "It appears to be nothing more than an elaborate TARP money shuffle," ... GM announced Wednesday that it had paid back the $8.1 billion in loans it ... the company was allowed to use bailout money to repay bailout money,

The rest they used to repay is was from the IPO
which was 100% funded by the US tax payer

so chill out Jake

Jake your back on ignore
calling people you dis agree with a liar is never going to get you any where in life
But
The reason GM has not paid us back 0 is because the first payment came from, TARP
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...iqndDQ&usg=AFQjCNFFIqKY7CMPIAgl55wc3W7ekBYJIw

Apr 22, 2010 – "It appears to be nothing more than an elaborate TARP money shuffle," ... GM announced Wednesday that it had paid back the $8.1 billion in loans it ... the company was allowed to use bailout money to repay bailout money,

The rest they used to repay is was from the IPO
which was 100% funded by the US tax payer

so chill out Jake

I love it!!! JRK has me on ignore but tells me to chill out. He is such a goofball.

GM has paid 50% of the loan back by handling the accounting differently than JRK likes. No one cares.

The loan was to bail out the companies, not the unions, as JRK lies.

I know he does not like being called a liar, but JRK = liar.

Forum List

Back