Let's lie, cheat and be a racist some more Sotomayor.

Soaring

May 30, 2009
- Oh, I mispoke - I left out the part about telling a half truth. Heh heh. Updated.

Gateway Pundit: Sotomayor Attempts to Explain Racist "Wise Latina" Remarks ...Update: Dems Misstate Sotomayor's Horrid Record

Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Sotomayor Attempts to Explain Racist "Wise Latina" Remarks ...Update: Dems Misstate Sotomayor's Horrid Record
Judge Sonia Sotomayor tried to explain her "wise latina' remarks that were caught on tape during the confirmation hearing this morning.
Here again is her racist statement from 2001:

“I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life,”
Real Clear Politics has the video.

Real Clear Politics reported on Judge Sotomayor's attempt to explain her racist "wie latina" remarks:

"No words I have ever spoken or written have received so much attention," Sotomayor began.

Judge Sotomayor says she was telling an audience that she was trying to inspire a group to be "anything they wanted to become" through her own experiences.

"I do not believe that any ethnic, racial or gender group has an advantage in sound judging," Sotomayor explained. "I do believe that every person has an equal opportunity to be a good and wise judge regardless of their background or life experiences," she concluded.
Sadly, this doesn't explain why Sotomayor repeatedly referenced "wise woman" in her speeches.

HotAir has a live video stream from the hearings.

Michelle Malkin added this:

Soto re-explains her wise Latina comments: It was a “bad play on words” that “fell flat.”

So bad she repeatedly used it a half-dozen times before friendly audiences.

Spin, lady, spin.
Obviously, Sotomayor is not being honest.

Previously:
Obama Picks Lib Activist Sonia Sotomayor For Supreme Court
Figures. Sotomayor Made Same Racist Statement in 1994, Too
Sen. Orrin Hatch Questions Racist Sotomayor's Nutty Statements (Video)
WH Backtracks On Sotomayor's Racist Comments-- Now Says She Chose Words Poorly
Breaking: Supreme Court Overrules Sotomayor On Ricci Decision ...More- Sotomayor Overturned 66% of Time
Of Course... White House Defends Loony Sotomayor After Court Overturns Her Latest Decision
State-Run Media: Sotomayor's Awful Supreme Court Record Is a "Distraction"
Firefighters Will Testify Against Racist Sotomayor at Senate Hearing
Sotomayor Supporters Urging MSM to Target Firefighter Ricci For Speaking Out Against Judge

UPDATE: Here's more hogwash from Sotomayor this morning, via Republican.Senate.Gov:

JUDGE SONIA SOTOMAYOR: “[T]he Process Of Judging Is A Process Of Keeping An Open Mind. It’s The Process Of Not Coming To A Decision With A Prejudgment Ever Of An Outcome.” (Judge Sonia Sotomayor, Senate Judiciary Committee Confirmation Hearing, 7/14/09)

JUDGE SOTOMAYOR: “There is ‘no objective stance but only a series of perspectives…[N]o neutrality, no escape from choice’…in judging I further accept that our experiences as women will in some way affect our decisions. As aptly stated by Professor Minnow, “th[e] aspiration to impartiality is just an aspiration rather than a description because it may suppress the inevitable existence of a perspective…’” (Women in the Judiciary, Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York. 4/30/99)

JUDGE SOTOMAYOR: “I willingly accept that we who judge must not deny the differences resulting from experience and gender but attempt…continuously to judge when those opinions, sympathies and prejudices are appropriate.” (Women in the Judiciary, 40th National Conference of Law Reviews. 3/17/94)
UPDATE 2: Democrats are trying to cover up that Sotomayor is the worst nominee ever to the Supreme Court. Her decisions have been overturned 9 out of 10 times!
From the Republican.Senate.Gov website:

Fact Check: Dems Again Misstate Sotomayor’s Reversals By The Supremes

Judge Sotomayor’s Opinions Were Reversed, Vacated, Or Criticized Nine Out Of Ten Times By The U.S. Supreme Court

SEN. HERB KOHL (D-WI): “But In Only Three Out Of Those 230 Plus Cases Have Your Decisions Been Reversed By The Supreme Court.” (Sen. Herb Kohl, Senate Judiciary Committee Confirmation Hearing, 7/14/09)

Seven Of Judge Sotomayor’s Opinions (6 Appellate And 1 District Court) Reversed Outright, Including 3 This Year

1. Ricci v. DeStefano, 530 F.3d 87 (2d Cir. 2008), reversed by Ricci v. DeStefano, No. 07-1428 (June 29, 2009)

2. Johns-Manville Corp. v. Chubb Indemnity Insurance Co., 517 F.3d 52 (2d Cir. 2008)¸ reversed by Travelers Indemnity Co. v. Bailey, 129 S. Ct. 2195 (2009)

3. Riverkeeper, Inc. v. EPA, 475 F.3d 83 (2d Cir. 2007), reversed by Entergy Corp. v. Riverkeeper, Inc., 129 S. Ct. 1498 (2009)

4. Lopez Torres v. N.Y. State Board of Elections, 462 F.3d 161 (2d Cir. 2006), reversed by N.Y. State Board of Elections v. Lopez Torres, 552 U.S. 196 (2008)

5. Swedenburg v. Kelly, 358 F.3d 223 (2d Cir. 2004), reversed by Granholm v. Heald, 544 U.S. 460 (2005)

6. Malesko v. Correctional Services Corp., 229 F.3d 374 (2d Cir. 2000), reversed by Correctional Services Corp. v. Malesko, 534 U.S. 61 (2001)

7. Tasini v. New York Times Co., 972 F. Supp. 804 (S.D.N.Y. 1997), reversed by 206 F.3d 161 (2d Cir. 2000), reversal affirmed by New York Times Co. v. Tasini, 533 U.S. 483 (2001)

One Of Judge Sotomayor’s Opinions Was Vacated

In an eighth case, Merrill Lynch v. Dabit, 547 U.S. 71 (2006), the Supreme Court substantively vacated her opinion, noting that she had ignored two prior Supreme Court decisions, and effectively reversed her decision in Dabit v. Merrill Lynch, 395 F.3d 25 (2d Cir. 2005).

One Of Judge Sotomayor’s Opinions Was Criticized, Saying It “Flies In The Face Of The Statutory Language.”

In a ninth case, Knight v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, 552 U.S. 181 (2008), the Supreme Court affirmed Judge Sotomayor’s outcome but faulted her for adopting a reading of the relevant tax statute that “flies in the face of the statutory language.”
What a trainwreck.
Democrats ought to be embarrassed.

UPDATE 3: The AP defends Sotomayor's racist remarks--- Does not mention that she has repeated this racist statement several times.

UPDATE 4: John Hinderocker on Sotomayor's "wise latina" defense- "I've been on the fence as to whether Senators should vote to confirm Sonia Sotomayor, but this rather breathtaking dishonesty provides strong grounds to vote against her confirmation."

We live in a society -
"of the Government, by the Government, for the Government".
We are now slaves to A GREEDY government.

As soon as she is confirmed this board will begin moving all these threads to Conspiracy forum because after all, if she was confirmed they couldn't be true.

- Oh, I mispoke - I left out the part about telling a half truth. Heh heh. Updated.

Gateway Pundit: Sotomayor Attempts to Explain Racist "Wise Latina" Remarks ...Update: Dems Misstate Sotomayor's Horrid Record

Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Sotomayor Attempts to Explain Racist "Wise Latina" Remarks ...Update: Dems Misstate Sotomayor's Horrid Record
Judge Sonia Sotomayor tried to explain her "wise latina' remarks that were caught on tape during the confirmation hearing this morning.
Here again is her racist statement from 2001:

“I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life,”
Real Clear Politics has the video.

Real Clear Politics reported on Judge Sotomayor's attempt to explain her racist "wie latina" remarks:

"No words I have ever spoken or written have received so much attention," Sotomayor began.

Judge Sotomayor says she was telling an audience that she was trying to inspire a group to be "anything they wanted to become" through her own experiences.

"I do not believe that any ethnic, racial or gender group has an advantage in sound judging," Sotomayor explained. "I do believe that every person has an equal opportunity to be a good and wise judge regardless of their background or life experiences," she concluded.
Sadly, this doesn't explain why Sotomayor repeatedly referenced "wise woman" in her speeches.

HotAir has a live video stream from the hearings.

Michelle Malkin added this:

Soto re-explains her wise Latina comments: It was a “bad play on words” that “fell flat.”

So bad she repeatedly used it a half-dozen times before friendly audiences.

Spin, lady, spin.
Obviously, Sotomayor is not being honest.

Previously:
Obama Picks Lib Activist Sonia Sotomayor For Supreme Court
Figures. Sotomayor Made Same Racist Statement in 1994, Too
Sen. Orrin Hatch Questions Racist Sotomayor's Nutty Statements (Video)
WH Backtracks On Sotomayor's Racist Comments-- Now Says She Chose Words Poorly
Breaking: Supreme Court Overrules Sotomayor On Ricci Decision ...More- Sotomayor Overturned 66% of Time
Of Course... White House Defends Loony Sotomayor After Court Overturns Her Latest Decision
State-Run Media: Sotomayor's Awful Supreme Court Record Is a "Distraction"
Firefighters Will Testify Against Racist Sotomayor at Senate Hearing
Sotomayor Supporters Urging MSM to Target Firefighter Ricci For Speaking Out Against Judge

UPDATE: Here's more hogwash from Sotomayor this morning, via Republican.Senate.Gov:

JUDGE SONIA SOTOMAYOR: “[T]he Process Of Judging Is A Process Of Keeping An Open Mind. It’s The Process Of Not Coming To A Decision With A Prejudgment Ever Of An Outcome.” (Judge Sonia Sotomayor, Senate Judiciary Committee Confirmation Hearing, 7/14/09)

JUDGE SOTOMAYOR: “There is ‘no objective stance but only a series of perspectives…[N]o neutrality, no escape from choice’…in judging I further accept that our experiences as women will in some way affect our decisions. As aptly stated by Professor Minnow, “th[e] aspiration to impartiality is just an aspiration rather than a description because it may suppress the inevitable existence of a perspective…’” (Women in the Judiciary, Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York. 4/30/99)

JUDGE SOTOMAYOR: “I willingly accept that we who judge must not deny the differences resulting from experience and gender but attempt…continuously to judge when those opinions, sympathies and prejudices are appropriate.” (Women in the Judiciary, 40th National Conference of Law Reviews. 3/17/94)
UPDATE 2: Democrats are trying to cover up that Sotomayor is the worst nominee ever to the Supreme Court. Her decisions have been overturned 9 out of 10 times!
From the Republican.Senate.Gov website:

Fact Check: Dems Again Misstate Sotomayor’s Reversals By The Supremes

Judge Sotomayor’s Opinions Were Reversed, Vacated, Or Criticized Nine Out Of Ten Times By The U.S. Supreme Court

SEN. HERB KOHL (D-WI): “But In Only Three Out Of Those 230 Plus Cases Have Your Decisions Been Reversed By The Supreme Court.” (Sen. Herb Kohl, Senate Judiciary Committee Confirmation Hearing, 7/14/09)

Seven Of Judge Sotomayor’s Opinions (6 Appellate And 1 District Court) Reversed Outright, Including 3 This Year

1. Ricci v. DeStefano, 530 F.3d 87 (2d Cir. 2008), reversed by Ricci v. DeStefano, No. 07-1428 (June 29, 2009)

2. Johns-Manville Corp. v. Chubb Indemnity Insurance Co., 517 F.3d 52 (2d Cir. 2008)¸ reversed by Travelers Indemnity Co. v. Bailey, 129 S. Ct. 2195 (2009)

3. Riverkeeper, Inc. v. EPA, 475 F.3d 83 (2d Cir. 2007), reversed by Entergy Corp. v. Riverkeeper, Inc., 129 S. Ct. 1498 (2009)

4. Lopez Torres v. N.Y. State Board of Elections, 462 F.3d 161 (2d Cir. 2006), reversed by N.Y. State Board of Elections v. Lopez Torres, 552 U.S. 196 (2008)

5. Swedenburg v. Kelly, 358 F.3d 223 (2d Cir. 2004), reversed by Granholm v. Heald, 544 U.S. 460 (2005)

6. Malesko v. Correctional Services Corp., 229 F.3d 374 (2d Cir. 2000), reversed by Correctional Services Corp. v. Malesko, 534 U.S. 61 (2001)

7. Tasini v. New York Times Co., 972 F. Supp. 804 (S.D.N.Y. 1997), reversed by 206 F.3d 161 (2d Cir. 2000), reversal affirmed by New York Times Co. v. Tasini, 533 U.S. 483 (2001)

One Of Judge Sotomayor’s Opinions Was Vacated

In an eighth case, Merrill Lynch v. Dabit, 547 U.S. 71 (2006), the Supreme Court substantively vacated her opinion, noting that she had ignored two prior Supreme Court decisions, and effectively reversed her decision in Dabit v. Merrill Lynch, 395 F.3d 25 (2d Cir. 2005).

One Of Judge Sotomayor’s Opinions Was Criticized, Saying It “Flies In The Face Of The Statutory Language.”

In a ninth case, Knight v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, 552 U.S. 181 (2008), the Supreme Court affirmed Judge Sotomayor’s outcome but faulted her for adopting a reading of the relevant tax statute that “flies in the face of the statutory language.”
What a trainwreck.
Democrats ought to be embarrassed.

UPDATE 3: The AP defends Sotomayor's racist remarks--- Does not mention that she has repeated this racist statement several times.

UPDATE 4: John Hinderocker on Sotomayor's "wise latina" defense- "I've been on the fence as to whether Senators should vote to confirm Sonia Sotomayor, but this rather breathtaking dishonesty provides strong grounds to vote against her confirmation."

We live in a society -
"of the Government, by the Government, for the Government".
We are now slaves to A GREEDY government.
Bet you were proud of Jeff Sessions when he said he thought the KKK wasn't so bad until he heard some of them smoke dope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sessions

Federal judgeship nomination
In 1986, Sessions was nominated for a federal judgeship by President Ronald Reagan. The nomination was killed by the Senate Judiciary Committee, which refused by a 9-9 vote[3] to let the nomination come to the Senate floor for a vote. Sessions's opponents accused him of "gross insensitivity” on racial issues.[4] Sessions allegedly made a variety of comments that opponents pointed to, when he jokingly said that the Ku Klux Klan was not so bad until he found out that some of them smoked marijuana.[2][4] Sessions also allegedly referred to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) as "un-American" and "Communist-inspired" because they "forced civil rights down the throats of people." At his confirmation hearings, Sessions said that the groups could be un-American when "they involve themselves in un-American positions" in foreign policy.[4][4] Sessions claimed that the remarks had been made in jest.[2][4] One of those voting against him was Democratic Senator Howell Heflin of Alabama.
Sessions was quoted then as saying that the Senate on occasion had been insensitive to the rights and reputation of nominees.[3] After joining the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sessions remarked that his presence there, alongside several of the members who voted against him, was a “great irony.”[3] To add to the irony, after Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania left the GOP to join the Democratic Party on April 28, 2009, Sessions was assigned to be the Ranking Member on the Senate Judiciary Committee. This means that if Republicans were able to regain control of the U.S. Senate while he was still serving that he would be the chairman of the very committee that opposed his initial nomination.
[edit]

Last edited:
If Libruls are so "Mainstream" why do they always have to lie about who they are?

Libs lie as surely as the sun causes Global Warming.

Sotomayor is in the mainstream

Obama is a fiscal conservative who is going to go through the entire budget with a fine toothed comb and

Joe Biden is smart and has foreign policy experience.

Yeah, sure.

It is SO much fun watching Republicans cutting their own political throats on national TV...

I might run out of popcorn before we get to the second round of questioning...

It is AMAZING that the cognitive ability of these right wing pea brain "Senators" is lower than a 5 year old liberal...

Hopefully Sotomayor turns out to be Obama's Souter and drifts rightward toward the light.

This is likely to occur because the only way to get someone to the Left of Souter is to either clone Karl Marx or dig up Chairman Mao.

It is SO much fun watching Republicans cutting their own political throats on national TV...

It is AMAZING that the cognitive ability of these right wing pea brain "Senators" is lower than a 5 year old liberal...

I would say the "pea brains" belong to those that will/are blindly following the chosen one without question, and swallow whatever he is putting forth, regardless of the consequences.

It will be Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor shortly. And people like Sessions will have succeeded in alienating voters of Hispanic background.

And in the next 7 and 1/2 years it is a safe assumption that at least one, and maybe two, seats will be filled because of retirement, age, or death. Then you can really whine as the Court leans toward the left of American politics.:razz:

For sure, as Rome burns these buffoons argue over words that everyone uses when they look back at their family and their start in life.

Is it any wonder republicans can't govern they hardly know which way is up.

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

The radical left is growing more concerned as the Obama magic begins to tank. The independents who voted for President Obama in November have been pulling away for over 2 months and it's now escalating. So, it's time to bash the conservatives once again and waste more money, which we don't have, on new 'investigations.' :rolleyes:

I doubt this constant portrayal of Sotomeyer by the Republicans as a racist is improving their standing among Latinos.

Not that I care. :lol:

It will be Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor shortly. And people like Sessions will have succeeded in alienating voters of Hispanic background.

And in the next 7 and 1/2 years it is a safe assumption that at least one, and maybe two, seats will be filled because of retirement, age, or death. Then you can really whine as the Court leans toward the left of American politics.:razz:

Yeah, those Catholic Hispanics are gonna pull for Sotomayer and her pro-abortion agenda.
Pfft.

And Obama's goose is cooked already. You should read the news and listen to shows like the Washington Journal. I'm amazed at how the the American people universally reject him, regardless of their politics.

You can tell how sincere Dem are about minorities by watching they treated Clarence Thomas and Miguel Estrada.

Dems LOVES their minorities just as long as they don't wonder off the Big Gubbamint Plantation

7 1/2 years? LOL Obama will be lucky to finish out this term.

I would say the "pea brains" belong to those that will/are blindly following the chosen one without question, and swallow whatever he is putting forth, regardless of the consequences.

Is it possible you are dumber than you look? :eek:

A pea brain is someone that witnessed the last 8 years of total incompetence and utter failure and wants MORE of the same...:cuckoo:

Why is Sotomayor running away from her own track record?

If Libruls are so cool and smart and mainstream why doesn't she admit her "Wise Latina" and El Norte writings are what she feels in her heart?

Is it possible you are dumber than you look? :eek:

A pea brain is someone that witnessed the last 8 years of total incompetence and utter failure and wants MORE of the same...:cuckoo:

Agreed
However I disagreed with much of what went on over the last 8 years, especially the spending.

What I wanna know is, how did Sotomayor escape serving on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals?

It's like she came from that mold, with more than 5x more overturns than the next runner up

If for some reason she fails to make the cut, she can always find a job here, and our circus covers a 5th of the nation

:clap2: way to achieve libs! Single handedly destroying so much of our precious heritage, how do you do it?

Forum List

Back