Let's lay it all on the line... sins... what are yours?

geezes have you read lilbug? she is a hugger....

damn other than that...i would say i have most sins covered nicely....i love the high cost of excess.....remember when we could afford the high cost of excess? well not anymore

i really try not to be sadistic to people...(well those not asking for it) but sometimes i just have this sharp tongue and i have this tendency to say what i am thinking...humiliation sluts love me ...is that a bad thing?

I am without sin.

Now upon whom shall I cast this first stone?

tumblr_levgtfEnsR1qfd82ao1_500.jpg

I will share with the priest when I go to confession this coming Saturday..............

not here.

It's great to be Catholic !!!!

No need Bonez. Love is external.

naw its not....too many people think that love is external...but one should love one's self as much as possible...only then can you really love another....

love is never having to say your sorry lol

OMG strolling, someone told me these exact words once, and I let them sink in and thought about them almost on a daily basis, and I find them to be true.

I don't really even like myself, so I don't see it possible to love myself :(

I'd like to expound upon a conversation that I have been having with Sky Dancer in another thread. We were talking about sin and sinning.

So, i thought that a good place to start is to address our sins. For those of other religions or no religion at all..you can call them moral struggles or whatever you feel comfortable with.

I'll go first.

1. Gluttony(I am overweight)

2. I tend to be lazy on my days off... I could be more productive..sloth?

3. I can be selfish, especially when I feel I'm being taken advantage of.

4. Sexual thoughts(which is what the conversation was about)

5. Cursing.

Those are the main ones... if I think of anymore I'll add them.

We don't have "sins" in Buddhism. We talk about virtue and non-virtue. We have ten precepts of conduct in Buddhism, but they don't correspond to the Ten Commandments. For a Christian, my biggest sin would be being a lesbian. For me as a Buddhist, sexual misconduct according to the precepts has nothing to do with being gay. If I were unfaithful to my wife, that would be sexual misconduct. I've been faithful for 26 years.

My biggest flaws are my anger and my mouthiness. I create more non-virtue with my speech than anything else.

As for "thought". Holding "wrong views" is a non-virtue in Buddhism. That's a whole topic in and of itself. Believing in an external God is a "wrong view" for a Buddhist.

Good topic.

sky

Last edited:

Forum List

Back