Let's kill the PC police...

Very few of them ever went to Africa. I don't think they would feel so wonderful about their imagined African heritage if they saw the place. It is mostly a desert were the locals have deforested the countryside for their fires. Folks are wandering around starving to death. Their governments are constantly in turmoil. In the North Muslims are doing ethnic-cleansing and are currently in the middle of an Islamic revolution. Christians are being wiped out.

And? What does that pride have to do with modern state of affairs in many African countries?

Nothing. That was my point.

Seems you have a gift of letting the obvious escape you.

African-Americans have very little in common with Africans. Isn't having an actual relationship with your roots an essential part of pride in one's heritage?

Sure they have things in common. They have blood ties and history that greatly transcends current political climates and conditions in many parts of Africa.

Why are you so keen on the desire to have African-Americans sever their attachment to Africa if they have it? Why Mudwhistle? What do you have to gain from it?

Those of European ancestry and recent immigration also often have very little to do with those back in their home countries, but they still remain attached to that ancestry. Same with those of Asian and South American descent.

I will never understand this "You're only an American and that's all you are!" brainwashing desire.

What the fuck? Who has a problem that your family came from Germany and England?

Also, a great deal of black people in the south celebrate traditions of the south... and they created a great many of those traditions. So what traditions are you wanting to "celebrate" that causes you to catch flak? You're not going to say confederacy are you? Because that's about the only thing that's going to cause a stir. Southern tradition, food culture and hospitality is openly practiced and celebrated in the United States with no ill will attached to it.

So what the hell traditions are you talking about? Lynching black people? Klan Rallies? I don't understand what could POSSIBLY cause such a great big stir that you think it will, unless it is things like that.

Let's put it this way, when a person claims they are from the South, they are automatically considered to be a) a dumb red-neck, b) a traitor (because they would have fought for the confederacy and c) a racists.

At least those are the labels thrown out by the people of tolerance on the left.

Immie

No, they're not automatically considered to be that. The one thing that they're probably considered to be is to have a southern accent.

Do you know how god damn diverse the people are in the South? Do you know how many liberals exist in the south? A shitload of them. 95% of people you encounter are not going to equate somebody being from the south to be a redneck, traitor, or racist. The only time that will happen is if the person or persons in question start exhibiting the behavior associated with rednecks, confederate loyalists or racists.

Sorry bubba, but you're just flat out wrong on that one. You're living in a false word of persecution. The first thing most people think about those living in the south is the famed southern hospitality and food.

Excluding Florida, most of the South is leaning toward conservatism. Most Democrats in the Southern states are conservatives. The KKK are conservative and most of them historically voted Democrat.

I have no problem with anyone embracing their history. What I have a problem with is them resenting the fact that I too want to embrace my history. My family came from Germany and England. My grandparents ended up in Oklahoma and later moved to Chicago on my mother's side and came from Virginia on my father's side. And I was born in California, but the worst part about it is that I am not only white but male also.

That makes me a terrible person because I somewhat honor the traditions of the south even though I am adamantly opposed to slavery. And I fully expect to be called a racist after I post this because I am willing to admit that my family came from the south and I honor some of the traditions of the south.

Thank you,

Immie

What the fuck? Who has a problem that your family came from Germany and England?

Also, a great deal of black people in the south celebrate traditions of the south... and they created a great many of those traditions. So what traditions are you wanting to "celebrate" that causes you to catch flak? You're not going to say confederacy are you? Because that's about the only thing that's going to cause a stir. Southern tradition, food culture and hospitality is openly practiced and celebrated in the United States with no ill will attached to it.

So what the hell traditions are you talking about? Lynching black people? Klan Rallies? I don't understand what could POSSIBLY cause such a great big stir that you think it will, unless it is things like that.

Let's put it this way, when a person claims they are from the South, they are automatically considered to be a) a dumb red-neck, b) a traitor (because they would have fought for the confederacy) and c) a racists.

And worse yet, for me, my grandmother was a great niece of Jefferson Davis. That makes things even worse for me.

At least those are the labels thrown out by the people of tolerance on the left.

Immie

There was only one time I was in the 'nawth' that someone didn't make fun of my accent. I just tell them they sound funny too, but I have enough manners not to mention it.

The last conference I went to in Nashville one speaker got up and noted that she was delighted to come help the ignorant people of TN. Every person in my group had credentials that outweighed hers. I noted that on her evaluation as well. If I hadn't needed the contact hours so badly, I would have left and demanded a refund.

At the same conference one of the presenters was going around looking for 'a woman with red hair and a southern accent.' Not sure why but that was her description. The person next to me said, 'Hon, you're in Nashville.'

And they ALWAYS wear white before Easter! Stupid yankees!

Last edited:
I'm offended by political correctness run amok and empty sacked little pussies.

Who in the FUCK is pushing this BULL SHIT that you can go through life and NEVER SHOULD BE OFFENDED? What an absolute crock of SHIT!

Holy FUCK people... grow a mother fucking SPINE and quit your GOD DAMN WHINING about shit that's so TRIVIAL it's a JOKE!

Good God... :eusa_hand:

Well stated! Makes me want to grab my AK-47 and squeeze off a few rounds. God has blessed my family with lots of land and a great shooting range!

The Bolshevik/leftist/progressive ideology dictates that the GOVERNMENT will take care of everybody's wants and needs, and do their best to make sure nobody EVER has any disapointments or failures, or feels "offended" in any way.

When all is said and done, the wimps and pussies and girly-men and limp-wrists and losers and lazy bums and mentally immature dregs in our society will be taken out to the curb, like the rest of the TRASH in our society.

Sorry but that AK-47 comment makes me think of either this.

lx2pm.png

Or this

KgI6J.png

Let's put it this way, when a person claims they are from the South, they are automatically considered to be a) a dumb red-neck, b) a traitor (because they would have fought for the confederacy and c) a racists.

Immie

No, they're not automatically considered to be that. The one thing that they're probably considered to be is to have a southern accent.

Do you know how god damn diverse the people are in the South? Do you know how many liberals exist in the south? A shitload of them. 95% of people you encounter are not going to equate somebody being from the south to be a redneck, traitor, or racist. The only time that will happen is if the person or persons in question start exhibiting the behavior associated with rednecks, confederate loyalists or racists.

Sorry bubba, but you're just flat out wrong on that one. You're living in a false word of persecution. The first thing most people think about those living in the south is the famed southern hospitality and food.

Wrong, the first thing they think of is "redneck". You even proved that yourself with "bubba".

We are talking about the PC police here... that is the extreme left for the most part and intolerant.

I'm surprised, but usually around this time of the year is when it gets to be the worst on these boards. "Black History Month" generally leads to a lot of threads about whether or not it is appropriate to have a "Black History Month". It is during those times when things get the worst. Anyone who opposes "Black History Month" for any reason is branded a redneck and a racist.

This site is not as bad as others. I suspect that is because we don't seem to have too many people that are known to be black. I can only think of one at the moment. But, I used to participate on another board with a very lovely (personality-wise) woman who was black and she would lay into anyone who opposed Black History Month for any reason.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Excluding Florida, most of the South is leaning toward conservatism. Most Democrats in the Southern states are conservatives. The KKK are conservative and most of them historically voted Democrat.

What the fuck does that have to do with that I said? There's millions of liberals living in the south. The fact that they're outnumbered matters little. What I'm saying is that the diversity is still there.

Immie

Wrong, the first thing they think of is "redneck". You even proved that yourself with "bubba".

We are talking about the PC police here... that is the extreme left for the most part and intolerant.

I'm surprised, but usually around this time of the year is when it gets to be the worst on these boards. "Black History Month" generally leads to a lot of threads about whether or not it is appropriate to have a "Black History Month". It is during those times when things get the worst. Anyone who opposes "Black History Month" for any reason is branded a redneck and a racist.

This site is not as bad as others. I suspect that is because we don't seem to have too many people that are known to be black. I can only think of one at the moment. But, I used to participate on another board with a very lovely (personality-wise) woman was was black and she would lay into anyone who opposed Black History Month for any reason.

Immie

:laugh:

I said bubba because I was poking fun at your sensitivities. Don't get so upset Jethro!

Who in the FUCK is pushing this BULL SHIT that you can go through life and NEVER SHOULD BE OFFENDED? What an absolute crock of SHIT!

Holy FUCK people... grow a mother fucking SPINE and quit your GOD DAMN WHINING about shit that's so TRIVIAL it's a JOKE!

In this case, it is a merchant who doesn't want to feel it in his bottom line.

Let's put it this way, when a person claims they are from the South, they are automatically considered to be a) a dumb red-neck, b) a traitor (because they would have fought for the confederacy) and c) a racists.

And worse yet, for me, my grandmother was a great niece of Jefferson Davis. That makes things even worse for me.

Immie

I am a hillbilly redneck myself and I know enough people who match your description that the stereotype has an element of truth and is not totally undeserved. Southerners are not even mostly racist but the racists go a long way to make up for the rest of us. My family seems to have been sharecroppers and poor white trash who fought a rich man's war for no good gain, not that proud of it.

It does have an element of truth but as Cowman correctly points out, it is not everybody. It is usually those who declare themselves to be tolerant of everyone.

Immie

Jesus...so Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream makes a commemorative flavor honoring (ok capitalizing on) the NBA Player "Lin".
Included in the pkg was fortune cookies - pointing obviously to his heritage and nationality.
Well hold on...someone might be offended.
So Ben & Jerry's removes the fortune cookies and issues a public apology to anyone who might have been offended.

I am offended that the officers of Ben&Jerry's are a bunch of weak pussies allowing themselves to succumb to a bunch a whiney-ass do-nothings.

Meh, there's no link provided but I assume this was done for PR reasons, and that's between B&J's and the complaining parties.

Fun fact though, fortune cookies are actually American. Even when they're served in Asia they're called 'American Fortune Cookies.'

I don't recall seeing any fortune cookies in China. We ate Chinese every day.

It's not as much offensive as just plain factually wrong. Jeremy Lin is an AMERICAN. Born and raised in AMERICA. No, they didn't mean to be offensive, but it still was. They were right to lose the fortune cookie and keep the Schweddy Balls.

Is it painful running around your whole life with a stick up your ass looking to be offended? How do you ever sit down?

Immie

I am a hillbilly redneck myself and I know enough people who match your description that the stereotype has an element of truth and is not totally undeserved. Southerners are not even mostly racist but the racists go a long way to make up for the rest of us. My family seems to have been sharecroppers and poor white trash who fought a rich man's war for no good gain, not that proud of it.

It does have an element of truth but as Cowman correctly points out, it is not everybody. It is those who usually those who declare themselves to be tolerant of everyone.

Immie

LOL. It's not those people. You live in a fantasy land or perceived slights.

It's not as much offensive as just plain factually wrong. Jeremy Lin is an AMERICAN. Born and raised in AMERICA. No, they didn't mean to be offensive, but it still was. They were right to lose the fortune cookie and keep the Schweddy Balls.

Is it painful running around your whole life with a stick up your ass looking to be offended? How do you ever sit down?

Not even close, but if you can't see how this is offensive, then nobody on this board is going to be able to help you.

Besides, I'm pretty sure I pointed out that it is more factually wrong than offensive...but still offensive.

In this case, it is a merchant who doesn't want to feel it in his bottom line.

Not necessarily. Ben & Jerry's is known as a left wing company. My wife is Korean and my best friends growing up were Japanese and Chinese and none of them would have been offended by this. They like references to Asian. It's ridiculous. The only ones who were going to not go to B&J over this were the stick up their ass crowd, and they love B&J. It was a non-event.

Most American blacks are born in America, yet we still call them "African American." We still consider American born Latino kids Hispanic. My Mc friends still celebrate St Patrick's Day like they're from the mother land.

What's the difference?

Black people, a great majority of them feel connected to their African Ancestry. And they do have African Ancestry, born here or not. Why do you have such a god damn problem if they embrace it?

I'm reminded of the great Peter Tosh and his song African.

Don't care where you come from
As long as you're a black man
You're an African
(CHORUS)
No mind your nationality
You have got the identity of an African
'Cause if you come from Clarendon
And if you come from Portland
And if you come from Westmoreland
You're an African
CHORUS
No mind your nationality
You've got the identity of an African
'Cause if you come Trinidad
And if you come from Nassau
And if you come from Cuba
You're an African
CHORUS
No mind your complexion
There is no rejection
You're an African
'Cause if your plexion
High(3x)
If your complexion low, low, low
And if your plexion in between
You're an African
CHORUS
No mind denomination
That is only segregation
You're an African
'Cause if you go to the Catholic
And if you go to the Methodist
And if you go to the Church of Gods
You're an African
CHORUS
No mind your nationality
'Cause if you come from Brixton
And if you come from Weesday
And if you come from Wingstead
And if you come from France
...Brooklyn
...Queens
...Manhattan
...Canada
...Miami
...Switzerland
...Germany
...Russia
...Taiwan
Here"

Very few of them ever went to Africa. I don't think they would feel so wonderful about their imagined African heritage if they saw the place. It is mostly a desert were the locals have deforested the countryside for their fires. Folks are wandering around starving to death. Their governments are constantly in turmoil. In the North Muslims are doing ethnic-cleansing and are currently in the middle of an Islamic revolution. Christians are being wiped out.

I had a black student once who said she felt that what happened 200 years ago was 'unfortunate' but that she wouldn't want to live in Africa, and if it weren't for that unfortunate little episode in American history that's where she would be.

Well stated! Makes me want to grab my AK-47 and squeeze off a few rounds. God has blessed my family with lots of land and a great shooting range!

The Bolshevik/leftist/progressive ideology dictates that the GOVERNMENT will take care of everybody's wants and needs, and do their best to make sure nobody EVER has any disapointments or failures, or feels "offended" in any way.

When all is said and done, the wimps and pussies and girly-men and limp-wrists and losers and lazy bums and mentally immature dregs in our society will be taken out to the curb, like the rest of the TRASH in our society.

Sorry but that AK-47 comment makes me think of either this.

lx2pm.png

Or this

KgI6J.png

Of course your images of somebody with an AK-47 would involve Yosemite Sam and idiot Arabs firing them in the streets.

Fear and ignorance are the first things that come to mind when I think of people who know NOTHING about firearms. FEAR of people who use them, and IGNORANCE of HOW to use them.

Last edited:

This site is not as bad as others. I suspect that is because we don't seem to have too many people that are known to be black. I can only think of one at the moment. But, I used to participate on another board with a very lovely (personality-wise) woman was was black and she would lay into anyone who opposed Black History Month for any reason.

Immie

:laugh:

I said bubba because I was poking fun at your sensitivities. Don't get so upset Jethro!

Poke fun at me... why I oughta neg you... ;)

j/k not my style.

I can take the poking usually and don't resent it from you at all. I have to tell you though that I am in a piss poor mood today and I may be taking things said to me not only wrong, but I might over react... Do old men get PMS by any chance?

Immie

Last edited:

Not even close, but if you can't see how this is offensive, then nobody on this board is going to be able to help you.

Besides, I'm pretty sure I pointed out that it is more factually wrong than offensive...but still offensive.

Bull crap. Just because you have a stick up your ass about being Gay doesn't mean Asians have a stick up their asses about being Asian.

Bull crap. Just because you have a stick up your ass about being Gay doesn't mean Asians have a stick up their asses about being Asian.

You sure do make an awful lot of assumptions about someone you don't know. I don't have a stick up my ass about anything. I prefer not to have anything stuck up my ass, thanks. I'm sure you can point out where I have anything "stuck up my butt" regarding my sexual orientation?

It was a little bit offensive and some people pointed it out. As a result, B&G (rightfully) lost the cookie out of the ice cream. It wasn't intentionally offensive, just as I don't believe that the ESPN "Chink in the Armor" headline was intentionally offensive. Inadvertent racism DOES exist.

I know the guys that like to tell the backroom racist jokes (while proclaiming..."I'm not a racist, some of my best friends are (fill in the blank))" like to scream and froth about how we've become overly "politically correct", but sorry I just see it as being a little less insensitive...and there's nothing wrong with that.

Black people, a great majority of them feel connected to their African Ancestry. And they do have African Ancestry, born here or not. Why do you have such a god damn problem if they embrace it?

I'm reminded of the great Peter Tosh and his song African.

Don't care where you come from
As long as you're a black man
You're an African
(CHORUS)
No mind your nationality
'Cause if you come from Clarendon
And if you come from Portland
And if you come from Westmoreland
You're an African
CHORUS
No mind your nationality
You've got the identity of an African
'Cause if you come Trinidad
And if you come from Nassau
And if you come from Cuba
You're an African
CHORUS
No mind your complexion
There is no rejection
You're an African
'Cause if your plexion
High(3x)
If your complexion low, low, low
And if your plexion in between
You're an African
CHORUS
No mind denomination
That is only segregation
You're an African
'Cause if you go to the Catholic
And if you go to the Methodist
And if you go to the Church of Gods
You're an African
CHORUS
No mind your nationality
'Cause if you come from Brixton
And if you come from Weesday
And if you come from Wingstead
And if you come from France
...Brooklyn
...Queens
...Manhattan
...Canada
...Miami
...Switzerland
...Germany
...Russia
...Taiwan
Here"

I had a black student once who said she felt that what happened 200 years ago was 'unfortunate' but that she wouldn't want to live in Africa, and if it weren't for that unfortunate little episode in American history that's where she would be.

I see, you're of that crowd that is adamant that black people from Africa should be thankful for slavery.

Forum List

Back