Let's kill the PC police...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Jesus...so Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream makes a commemorative flavor honoring (ok capitalizing on) the NBA Player "Lin".
Included in the pkg was fortune cookies - pointing obviously to his heritage and nationality.
Well hold on...someone might be offended.
So Ben & Jerry's removes the fortune cookies and issues a public apology to anyone who might have been offended.

I am offended that the officers of Ben&Jerry's are a bunch of weak pussies allowing themselves to succumb to a bunch a whiney-ass do-nothings.

stop being so angry that Americans are trying to understand each other and be respectful of each other.

Jesus...so Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream makes a commemorative flavor honoring (ok capitalizing on) the NBA Player "Lin".
Included in the pkg was fortune cookies - pointing obviously to his heritage and nationality.
So Ben & Jerry's removes the fortune cookies and issues a public apology to anyone who might have been offended.

I am offended that the officers of Ben&Jerry's are a bunch of weak pussies allowing themselves to succumb to a bunch a whiney-ass do-nothings.

Nope, Ben and Jerry's was wrong to put a Fortune Cookie in the Ice Cream. Jeremy Lin was born in Los Angeles, CA and raised in San Francisco.

I supported B&G for sticking to their Schweddy Balls flavor, but they were absolutely right to lose the cookie.

Nope, Ben and Jerry's was wrong to put a Fortune Cookie in the Ice Cream. Jeremy Lin was born in Los Angeles, CA and raised in San Francisco.

I supported B&G for sticking to their Schweddy Balls flavor, but they were absolutely right to lose the cookie.

Why?
Their press release even states the overall feedback was positive and there was a "small bit" of negative feedback.
The company stated it was obviously a light-hearted gesture that was not meant to offend a living soul.
It is dumb. We are way to sensitive to what "might" offend someone.
They replaced it bits of pandan style waffles...well pandan waffles originated in Vietnam. Obviously meant to offend anyone with slanted eyes.

Why?
Their press release even states the overall feedback was positive and there was a "small bit" of negative feedback.
The company stated it was obviously a light-hearted gesture that was not meant to offend a living soul.
They replaced it bits of pandan style waffles...well pandan waffles originated in Vietnam. Obviously meant to offend anyone with slanted eyes.

It's not as much offensive as just plain factually wrong. Jeremy Lin is an AMERICAN. Born and raised in AMERICA. No, they didn't mean to be offensive, but it still was. They were right to lose the fortune cookie and keep the Schweddy Balls.

Why?

It's not as much offensive as just plain factually wrong. Jeremy Lin is an AMERICAN. Born and raised in AMERICA. No, they didn't mean to be offensive, but it still was. They were right to lose the fortune cookie and keep the Schweddy Balls.

Pheh...Ben and Jerrys is known for their whackiness and flavors that are all in good fun.
As KatznDogs points out above - "there is no room for lighthearted fun in America anymore"
You prove the point.

It's not as much offensive as just plain factually wrong. Jeremy Lin is an AMERICAN. Born and raised in AMERICA.

Most American blacks are born in America, yet we still call them "African American." We still consider American born Latino kids Hispanic. My Mc friends still celebrate St Patrick's Day like they're from the mother land.

What's the difference?

It's not as much offensive as just plain factually wrong. Jeremy Lin is an AMERICAN. Born and raised in AMERICA.

Most American blacks are born in America, yet we still call them "African American." We still consider American born Latino kids Hispanic. My Mc friends still celebrate St Patrick's Day like they're from the mother land.

What's the difference?

Not much....

For an alleged color blind society. Uncle sam insists on knowing what color you are.

Fortune cookies are as American as apple pie, they may have been invented here and practically do not exist in China or any other country except the US. In that context they are entirely correct, an example of immigrant ingenuity that enriched our society.

Fortune Cookies aren't even Chinese anyway. It has nothing to do with Chinese tradition or culture and they only exist outside of China.

Where were you when Ben & Jerrys had Schweddy Balls Ice Cream and the "Million Moms" organization had a cow?

Obviously you don't count!

The funny thing is that what us Americans know as "fortune cookies" were first served in the United States at Japanese and Chinese restaurants.

Fortune cookies are as AMERICAN as apple pie.

Not only are the "PC police" in the news media and other dark places in our society, overbearing and ridiculous, but they are also STUPID and IGNORANT.

What's the difference?

That's what they preferred to be called. It came out of the race riots of the 60s.

Forum List

Back