Lets just be honest.......

Well Hank played on a pretty small Atlanta field...so the Babe stills has the record in my books...ok maybe I'm just playing devil's advocate.

But it's a shame Griffey Jr's injuries really effected his career. We'd more than likely have a legit player break the record.

Yeah it needs to be 756*. There is just too much circumstantial evidence pointing to him using. The real tragic thing about Bonds is that he didn't need PEDs to have a HOF career. He was one of the best players in the game well before bulking up. But he put all that in jeopardy just to get in on the same action as Sammy and McGwire. I wonder if he ever regrets going down the same path as them. Imo he'll eventually end up in the hall, but it will take maybe a decade or two.

Yeah it needs to be 756*. There is just too much circumstantial evidence pointing to him using. The real tragic thing about Bonds is that he didn't need PEDs to have a HOF career. He was one of the best players in the game well before bulking up. But he put all that in jeopardy just to get in on the same action as Sammy and McGwire. I wonder if he ever regrets going down the same path as them. Imo he'll eventually end up in the hall, but it will take maybe a decade or two.
Orel Hershiser made an excellent point the other day ON ESPN after the verdict.

Something to the effect of, "Back in the day, when a player retired they usually got bigger due to the fact they no longer play and work out like they did. They naturally gain weight. Nowadays, I'm noticing that players, particularly those suspected, are getting smaller after retirement. That tells ya' something right there"

Amen!

And you're right. Not only Bonds, but McGwire also.....They both were natural hitters. Both would have made it into the hall.

It's just sad. Good thing Bobby Bonds isn't around to see the shame his son has brought on himself and the game.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back