Lets Hope This Is True

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Could it be talk radio is indeed making a difference? Are Republicans starting to pay attention?

We can only hope

Illegals bill loses support in Senate
By Stephen Dinan

The Senate immigration bill lost supporters yesterday and hangs on by a thread heading into this morning's showdown vote, after lawmakers voted down amendments making illegal aliens show roots to get legal status and cutting off their path to citizenship.

This morning's vote is on a parliamentary question about limiting debate, but it boils down to a vote to block the bill.

Just two days ago, 64 senators voted to revive the bill, with many saying they wanted to give the Senate a chance to improve the bill through amendments. But after a messy day in the chamber yesterday, with dozens of objections, arguments on the floor and five amendments defeated, at least a half-dozen senators said publicly or privately that their patience has run out.

"The way this has been handled, I'm not going to take a leap of faith," said Sen. Richard M. Burr, North Carolina Republican, who voted to advance the bill on Tuesday but said the way Democratic leaders ran the floor yesterday left no room to "take a bad bill and make it better."

Sen. Ben Nelson, Nebraska Democrat, said he has voted to keep the bill moving a half-dozen times already on "cloture" votes, but yesterday's debate showed him the bill is probably unsalvageable.

"I've given them six or seven cloture votes," he said. "I think this clay pigeon is becoming a dead duck."

Mr. Nelson said he wants to see leaders come back with another bill that focuses only on border security, employer verification of workers and a program to bring in new legal foreign workers.

Democratic leaders have said they can deliver about 40 votes for the bill and called on President Bush and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to deliver at least 20 votes. Democrats said if the bill fails, Mr. Bush will get the blame.

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070628/NATION/106280087/1001

Of course some will never get it - until Election Day

I am honored to introduce FORMER Sen Graham and FORMER Sen Schumer

Attachments

• $At the Arch.jpg
    $At the Arch.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 131
I am very happy to say FORMER Pres Bush

Attachments

• $At the Arch.jpg
    $At the Arch.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 91
I am very happy to say FORMER Pres Bush
Bush and Rumsfeld blew it in Iraq by using too few troops, and now it may be too late. Bush never delivered an energy policy that could sever the ME umbilical (now he's all about ethanol which will dramatically increase food prices). Bush increased the national debt by more than $3 trillion with the budgets he submitted during his term. And after failing to enforce current immigration law, he wants to give amnesty to at least 12 million people who broke into the country. Conservatives have been let down big time by Bush. Whatever he was, it was not conservative. His poor job performance may well cost the Republicans the White House in '08. The only chance the Republican have is the weak slate of candidates offered by the Democrats. With a great chance to win the White House, only a Party as self-destructive as the Democrats would come up with Hillary and Obama as the main choices.

Bush and Rumsfeld blew it in Iraq by using too few troops, and now it may be too late. Bush never delivered an energy policy that could sever the ME umbilical (now he's all about ethanol which will dramatically increase food prices). Bush increased the national debt by more than $3 trillion with the budgets he submitted during his term. And after failing to enforce current immigration law, he wants to give amnesty to at least 12 million people who broke into the country. Conservatives have been let down big time by Bush. Whatever he was, it was not conservative. His poor job performance may well cost the Republicans the White House in '08. The only chance the Republican have is the weak slate of candidates offered by the Democrats. With a great chance to win the White House, only a Party as self-destructive as the Democrats would come up with Hillary and Obama as the main choices.

Not only Pres Bush but the former Republican Congress. Pres Bush did try to make some reforms but he was ignored

I do belive Reagan conservatism wins everytime it is tried - but to many Republicans worry to much about what the liberal media says about them

Forum List

Back