Let's Hope This Is The Weird Story Of The Day

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060807/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon_israel
Lebanese PM now says 1 killed in strike

By SAM F. GHATTAS, Associated Press Writer 2 minutes ago

The Lebanese prime minister said one person was killed in an Israeli air raid Monday in the southern border village of Houla, lowering the death toll from 40. Prime Minister Fuad Saniora said at a news conference that he had based the initial tally on unspecified information that he had received.

He offered no other explanation for the error.

He had announced that 40 were killed in the attack during an emotional address during opening remarks at a meeting of Arab League foreign ministers.

"It turned out that one person was killed. They thought that the whole building smashed on the heads of about 40 people and it turned out, thank God because we are not happy if someone is killed, they have been saved," Saniora told reporters.

I dunno...40 is a pretty specific number; I bet it was his source that is "unspecified", which implies (to me, at least) that he got the information from Hezbollah. That in turn implies he has connections with them...

I bet I could build a whole conspiracy scenario out of this if I really try!

:laugh: Well considering they have elected Hizbollah members and he has 3 in his cabinet, connections must be assumed. I think this guy is ruling at the point of a gun, no joke. He walks a very fine line. That he corrected the story so quickly, speaks better of him. IMO.

Forum List

Back