Lets help the Chamber of Commerce

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA
*Newsflash*​

The Infidel listened to the Glenn Beck radio show today!

Yes, indeed I did, and I have to admit.... he convinced me to make a small donation to The Chamber of Commerce :eek:

He controled my weak little mind!!!!! :cuckoo:

Well actually, I just agreed that since Barak Hussein Obama hates the CoC so much... I thought I might help an enemy of an enemy.....
The Chamber of Commerce, whether you like them or not, does help small buisinesses, and thats what drives the American econmy.... is small buisiness.
Its obvious to all free thinking Americans, and many outsiders, that Obama is doing all he can to hurt our economy so it can be rebuilt in a manner the left sees fit. Which is redistributing the wealth throughout America.
That just is'nt what the framers of this great country had in mind.

So anyways.... I just wanted to put it out there, and leave a link to their website and if you decide to help them out, great. If not, thats cool too....

https://www.uschambersmallbusinessnation.com/join-us/make-a-donation

1.4 Million Jobs Outsourced

More than 1.4 million jobs were outsourced due to trade policies since 1994 in the nine states in which the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has spent nearly $5.7 million on attack ads in Senate races from October 5th to October 12th, 2010. The group also found that more than 184,000 jobs were lost to outsourcing in the 22 congressional districts in which the Chamber has spent $4.8 million on political ads in the same time period. Press Release

Senate Races
Race Jobs Lost Target Beneficiary Chamber Ad Spending
CO-Senate 35,383 Michael Bennet Ken Buck $500,000
CT-Senate 87,500 Richard Blumenthal Linda McMahon $500,000
FL-Senate 144,600 Charlie Crist Marco Rubio $1,000,000
IL-Senate 272,017 Alexi Giannoulis Mark Kirk $500,000
MO-Senate 102,608 Robin Carnahan Roy Blunt $259,375
NH-Senate 23,017 Paul Hodes Kelly Ayotte $1,005,056
PA-Senate 299,508 Joe Sestak Pat Toomey $498,500
WI-Senate 81,958 Russ Feingold Ron Johnson $248,500
TOTAL 1,433,083 $5,685,056

House Races
Race Jobs Lost Target Beneficiary Chamber Ad Spending
CA-11 1,765 Jerry McNerney David Harmer $262,268
CO-04 6,327 Betsy Markey Cory Gardner $250,000
FL-08 1,529 Alan Grayson Dan Webster $250,000
FL-24 101 Suzanne Kosmas Sandy Adams $250,000
IA-03 4,253 Leonard Boswell Brad Zaun $183,026
IL-10 9,718 Dan Seals Robert Dold $100,000
IL-11 5,701 Debbie Halvorson Adam Kinzinger $300,000
KS-03 1,321 Stephene Moore Kevin Yoder $172,864
ND-AL 3,850 Earl Pomeroy Rick Berg $273,525
NJ-12 8,451 Rush Holt Scott Sipprelle $150,000
NM-01 5,592 Martin Heinrich Jon Barela $244,598
NM-02 5,852 Harry Teague Steven Pearce $239,739
NV-03 1,150 Dina Titus Joe Heck $350,000
OH-15 2,932 Mary Jo Kiloy Steve Stivers $261,735
OH-16 12,181 John Boccieri James Renacci $172,175
OH-17 17,245 Tim Ryan James Graham $102,855
OH-18 11,410 Zack Space Bob Gibbs $29,245
PA-03 12,376 Kathy Dahlkemper Mike Kelly $248,500
PA-10 11,979 Chris Carney Tom Marino $248,500
PA-12 22,511 Mark Critz Tim Burns $248,556
VA-05 24,171 Tom Perriello Robert Hurt $197,002
WI-07 13,814 Julie Lassa Sean Duffy $266,593
TOTALS 184,229 $4,801,181

*Job loss data provided by the Trade Adjustment Assistance Database built by Public Citizen.

**Data on U.S. Chamber of Commerce spending available through the Federal Election Commission.

First Name

Last Name

Email Address

PAID FOR BY PUBLIC CAMPAIGN ACTION FUND'S CAMPAIGN MONEY WATCH. NOT AUTHORIZED BY ANY CANDIDATE OR POLITICAL PARTY.

About Us | Privacy Policy

So that's how they get republicans to vote against their best interests. The Chamber is pro-outsourcing. Gets money hand over fist from companies that want to outsource. Then OUR jobs get outsourced...No Coincidence there. And all they have to do to get your money is say "Look THEY dont like us, Dont you hate those guys? Great, give me some money!"

And your mind was changed because "creating a false enemy to gain more support" worked on you. have you even read "1984"? Or are you of the mind that creating an enemy is something only "the left" does?"

Silly little things think we dont want them to donate to the coc. I dont mind if you donate to them, I dont want foreign entities to donate to them.

They are supposed to help American business NOT foriegn business.

Obama's attacks on business should have stopped with the campaign trail. It's a large reason for the ass kicking coming in Nov, and could limit him to one term.

So that's how they get republicans to vote against their best interests. The Chamber is pro-outsourcing. Gets money hand over fist from companies that want to outsource. Then OUR jobs get outsourced...No Coincidence there. And all they have to do to get your money is say "Look THEY dont like us, Dont you hate those guys? Great, give me some money!"

And your mind was changed because "creating a false enemy to gain more support" worked on you. have you even read "1984"? Or are you of the mind that creating an enemy is something only "the left" does?"

Silly little things think we dont want them to donate to the coc. I dont mind if you donate to them, I dont want foreign entities to donate to them.

They are supposed to help American business NOT foriegn business.

:eusa_doh:
Maybe if you two got your head outta yur butt long enough to breath some fresh air you might remember all the GOVERNMENT beauracracy that drives buisinesses to look abroad to bolster their bottom line.

You guys are all about BIG GOVERNMENT right?

Im no buisiness major... not in the least, but I DO however have some common sense.

The entire reason for this thread is to let Obama know that I, an American citizen, have been listening to his side of the isle and how they are attacking the CoC for not disclosing who their donors are.... and what buisinesses are doing so.
The minute the CoC does that.... the left will pounce on them (the donors) like hungry tigers on fresh meat.

Anyone remember that "Joe the plumber" guy, or this little known person Sarah Palin? :hmpf:

Anyway, I wanted to donate, and I did.... just wanted to invite any other "Zionist, Capitalism loving, gun toting, Bible clinging, Neo-Cons, or whatever makes ya happy... kind of people to join me. :happy-1:

Oh yeah.... and one more thing.
Are'nt you bleeding heart libs always lementing on how we should be more "liberal" and help all these poor people around the world... with all the Koomba ya crap?
Well.... when someone here employs someone there... does'nt that put food on some poor souls plate? :rolleyes: I mean, what about them? :sad:

I'm out...!!!!

The Obama Administration has done more to help them than all of us combined could possibly accomplish.

By making false accusations which even CBS and the NYT have repudiated, the Obamanoids have driven a lot of support towards the Chamber.

:)

The Obama Administration has done more to help them than all of us combined could possibly accomplish.

By making false accusations which even CBS and the NYT have repudiated, the Obamanoids have driven a lot of support towards the Chamber.

Thats kind of my hole intent for the thread.

Just to show them that WE THE PEOPLE do have a voice, and when we decide we want to be heard, we will speak. That is sometimes done with our wallets.

There is a reason why the Conservative candidates have been getting lots of donations.

We are speaking..... Is Obama listening?

Doubtful..... he is tone deaf. :doubt:

:eusa_doh:
Maybe if you two got your head outta yur butt long enough to breath some fresh air you might remember all the GOVERNMENT beauracracy that drives buisinesses to look abroad to bolster their bottom line.[/B]

Thats a great point. I figured since we arent addressing each others points it was cool to tell you that Turtles can live to be over 100 years old.

What accusation would that be?

*Newsflash*​

Yes, indeed I did, and I have to admit.... he convinced me to make a small donation to The Chamber of Commerce :eek:

Well actually, I just agreed that since Barak Hussein Obama hates the CoC so much... I thought I might help an enemy of an enemy.....
The Chamber of Commerce, whether you like them or not, does help small buisinesses, and thats what drives the American econmy.... is small buisiness.
Its obvious to all free thinking Americans, and many outsiders, that Obama is doing all he can to hurt our economy so it can be rebuilt in a manner the left sees fit. Which is redistributing the wealth throughout America.

So anyways.... I just wanted to put it out there, and leave a link to their website and if you decide to help them out, great. If not, thats cool too....

I sent them a healthy check several weeks ago. Glad to see its paying off....when the opposition starts smearing you, you know you're doing something right.

Do you ever pay attention to the news?

The Obamanoids have accused the Chamber of Commerce of using foreign money for political donations. They have not offered a shred of evidence. Even CBS is not buying this nonsense"

By Sunday, the president was backing off the charge, and David Axelrod was asked about it by a skeptical Bob Schieffer on “Face the Nation.”

“They do spend heavily on politics,” Schieffer said of the chamber. “But this part about foreign money. That appears to be peanuts, Mr. Axelrod. I mean, do you have any evidence that it’s anything other than peanuts?”

Axelrod was defiant, suggesting the chamber is lying and the New York Times report was inaccurate.

“Well, do you have any evidence that it’s not, Bob? The fact is that the chamber has asserted that, but they won’t release any information about where their campaign money is coming from, and that’s the core of the problem, here,” Axelrod said.

Schieffer closed with a devastating question for the Democratic strategy guru.

“I guess I would put it this way. If the only charge Democrats can make three weeks into the election is that somehow this may or may not be foreign money coming into the campaign, is that the best you can do?”

Schieffer on Axelrod’s Chamber Attacks: Is that the best you can do? | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Nor is the New York Times buying it:

In two campaign stops Thursday, Mr. Obama invoked what he portrayed as a specific new example, citing a blog posting from a liberal advocacy group as he teed off on a longtime adversary, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, over its political spending.

“Just this week, we learned that one of the largest groups paying for these ads regularly takes in money from foreign corporations,” Mr. Obama said. “So groups that receive foreign money are spending huge sums to influence American elections.”

But a closer examination shows that there is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual, according to both liberal and conservative election-law lawyers and campaign finance documents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/us/politics/09donate.html?_r=1&ref=eric_lichtblau

I sent them a healthy check several weeks ago. Glad to see its paying off....when the opposition starts smearing you, you know you're doing something right.

ClosedCaption said:
And all they have to do to get your money is say "Look THEY dont like us, Dont you hate those guys? Great, give me some money!"

I FRIGGIN CALLED IT!!
See how easy it is to manipulate the public?

The Obamanoids have accused the Chamber of Commerce of using foreign money for political donations. They have not offered a shred of evidence. Even CBS is not buying this nonsense"

By Sunday, the president was backing off the charge, and David Axelrod was asked about it by a skeptical Bob Schieffer on “Face the Nation.”

“They do spend heavily on politics,” Schieffer said of the chamber. “But this part about foreign money. That appears to be peanuts, Mr. Axelrod. I mean, do you have any evidence that it’s anything other than peanuts?”

Axelrod was defiant, suggesting the chamber is lying and the New York Times report was inaccurate.

“Well, do you have any evidence that it’s not, Bob? The fact is that the chamber has asserted that, but they won’t release any information about where their campaign money is coming from, and that’s the core of the problem, here,” Axelrod said.

“I guess I would put it this way. If the only charge Democrats can make three weeks into the election is that somehow this may or may not be foreign money coming into the campaign, is that the best you can do?”

Schieffer on Axelrod’s Chamber Attacks: Is that the best you can do? | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

In two campaign stops Thursday, Mr. Obama invoked what he portrayed as a specific new example, citing a blog posting from a liberal advocacy group as he teed off on a longtime adversary, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, over its political spending.

“Just this week, we learned that one of the largest groups paying for these ads regularly takes in money from foreign corporations,” Mr. Obama said. “So groups that receive foreign money are spending huge sums to influence American elections.”

But a closer examination shows that there is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual, according to both liberal and conservative election-law lawyers and campaign finance documents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/us/politics/09donate.html?_r=1&ref=eric_lichtblau

So Scheiffer says "it's peanuts" and that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections? Um what?

The NY Times says from your quote "there is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual". And that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections?

Can you explain how either of those statements prove that no foreign money is used in elections? I'm curious to hear it.

humm I wonder how many aero space jobs Boxer has cost California over the years...I can think of 4000 for the C-18 line off hand.....and that was fairly recent.

Oh hey what about congress and senate demanding under their dem leadership that the US corporate tax rate be kept almost twice that of other competitive global entities/countries etc.....please.

*Newsflash*​

I always find it sad when people vote against their own self-interest.

why you'd give money to a group that uses foreign money to support policies that outsource american jobs and drive down the wages of american workers is beyond me.

but whatever floats your boat.

what a vile decision Citizens United is...

i'm sure the rodeo clown approves.

I could not be less surprised. A President who felt no need to have a healthy number of business people in his cabinet was going to have these types of problems. Big government and big labor think they are the end-all and be-all of America. Small business is the true engine of the economy. Looking at the Chamber of Commerce as simply a political opponent will be a major mistake.

Obama would have had less trouble telling middle class America to stop voting.

So Scheiffer says "it's peanuts" and that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections? Um what?

The NY Times says from your quote "there is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual". And that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections?

Can you explain how either of those statements prove that no foreign money is used in elections? I'm curious to hear it.
They can't because for decades CON$ have said if any Federal money is given to Planned Parenthood then taxpayer money is supporting abortion therefore by that exact same rationalization, any foreign money given to the C of C is supporting their election ads.

Forum List

Back