Let's hear it for those Non-Unionized, Private Sector Employees!!!!

What exactly does the government produce to make a profit ?

Jobs that keep the private sector producing... because the Private sector certainly aren't producing any lately... they're shipping them off to slave labor countries to fund their CEO's.
And now the question that no lefty seems to want to answer:

What happens to those government-funded jobs when the government money runs out?

You want unions building LCD TV's....

Do you not realize cheap products creates jobs????

The cheaper the product the more demand, the more demand the more demand for labor to meet that demand...

Honestly, and this is just me - If i was a kid I'd rather be at a retail desk than working on a manufacturing line.

I've done both and the line job is not nice.......

Cheap products create jobs? Yeah... for other countries...there's not an LCD made in America. I bought a Vizio just because it's an American Owned Company...But it's still made abroad.

finally, we're not talking about kids. We are talking about adults who need to raise a family. I guess your solution is for them not to have a family...like I said... killing the American Dream.

Your standard of living would go up if you had to pay some union dude 35 bucks an hour to make you your TV..

If it matters, I'm all for US labor but the unions are just making that not viable...

So you're claim is that 7% of the workforce...most of that in the public sector, is to blame?

Yep... Private sector employees who don't belong to unions are all such hard working diligent workers, and Unionized ones are slugs.

FedEx Guy Throwing My Computer Monitor - YouTube

Considering that only about 10% of all American workers, or less, belong to a union, I don't really understand the point.

Can't right wingers find someone new to hate? Someone we can all agree on? Like al Qaeda? Oh, wait, they let Bin Laden go. OK, there must be someone.

The point, my fellow progressive... is to show that Private Sector Non unionized employees can be and are just as bad of fuck ups as the Right wing union haters make Unionized employees out to be.

There are good and bad employees on both sides.

LOL, so you post a video about stereotyping, then stereotype all right wingers of hating Unions. I guess there is NO LEFT wingers who hate unions, is that what your are trying to say?
good grief dear..

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
I work in the Power generation sector. I work with union employees all the time. For the most part they are sorry ass lazy jerks that sit in the shop all day and whine why they plant is not hiring union and replacing them with contractors.

When they go on morning break, they are gone for 1/2 hr to 45 mins. Lunch, 1 1/2 hrs afternoon break, 1/2 hr to 45 mins. Then they quit work 1/2 hr before quitting time to clean up. Out of an 8 hr day they spend half of it on break.
If the situation is as you've described it the problem is a poorly managed union. In a well managed union plant those employees would be warned that the union will not defend them when they overtly and deliberately violate rules.

I belonged to a civil service union and I recall the union rep made that point very clear when I joined. He said, "If you're right we'll back you to the hilt. If you're wrong you're on your own!" And according to my son-in-law, who drives for UPS, the situation with the Teamsters there is similar.

Last edited:
That wasn't the question.

Quote: Originally Posted by Warrior102

That was the question.

Here ya go..

http://www.literacypartners.org/programs

Run along.

Halliburton making a profit isn't the government making a profit, stupidfuck.

Try again.

Why?

The government creates and produces goods/services/conditions that allow private interests to make a profit.

The point was made.

Gosh..you are fucking stupid.

Yep... Private sector employees who don't belong to unions are all such hard working diligent workers, and Unionized ones are slugs.

FedEx Guy Throwing My Computer Monitor - YouTube

How do you know his union status?

Fed EX is notoriously anti-union. Search for yourself.

Yes, I could search for myself, rather easily I'm sure, but as you being the OP and making the claim, etiquette suggests you provide that information for us. Thanks

Jobs that keep the private sector producing... because the Private sector certainly aren't producing any lately... they're shipping them off to slave labor countries to fund their CEO's.

What happens to those government-funded jobs when the government money runs out?

We disband the military? :D

BTW....the TV and other luxury items analogy is a false one. One does not need a tv... one needs a roof over their heads, utilities paid, health care and a god damned savings account.

Funny how all of those things that are necessities are outrageously expensive... but a fuckin' flat screen can be had for $200. Yeah... we don't have our priorities screwed up.

I have no problem with non-union workers. What I have a problem with is the rights' hatred of Unionized workers in general and Public Service workers in particular. All because they want the lowest common denominator for the general labor force....all so they can funnel the savings to the top.

Really? That's news to me because I'm sure nowhere close to being at the top. What I expect is for people to be compensated at the market rate for their skill level and profession. Unions distort that and increase costs to both me and you at all levels.

I work in the Power generation sector. I work with union employees all the time. For the most part they are sorry ass lazy jerks that sit in the shop all day and whine why they plant is not hiring union and replacing them with contractors.

When they go on morning break, they are gone for 1/2 hr to 45 mins. Lunch, 1 1/2 hrs afternoon break, 1/2 hr to 45 mins. Then they quit work 1/2 hr before quitting time to clean up. Out of an 8 hr day they spend half of it on break.
If the situation is as you've described it the problem is a poorly managed union. "

That may well be, but in the Unions I have been around what I described is the norm.

Considering that only about 10% of all American workers, or less, belong to a union, I don't really understand the point.

Can't right wingers find someone new to hate? Someone we can all agree on? Like al Qaeda? Oh, wait, they let Bin Laden go. OK, there must be someone.

The point, my fellow progressive... is to show that Private Sector Non unionized employees can be and are just as bad of fuck ups as the Right wing union haters make Unionized employees out to be.

There are good and bad employees on both sides.

LOL, so you post a video about stereotyping, then stereotype all right wingers of hating Unions. I guess there is NO LEFT wingers who hate unions, is that what your are trying to say?
good grief dear..

No different than right wingers showing people smoking dope on their break. Just fightin' fire with fire, dear.

One does not need a tv... one needs a roof over their heads, utilities paid, health care and a god damned savings account.

No food?

Funny how all of those things that are necessities are outrageously expensive... but a fuckin' flat screen can be had for $200. Yeah... we don't have our priorities screwed up.

Clearly. You don't expect anyone to eat.

If the situation is as you've described it the problem is a poorly managed union. "

That may well be, but in the Unions I have been around what I described is the norm.

I concur. That was my experience as well working in the Bakery Drivers Union in Boston.

get the money out of politics, Cut all the waste and fraud, consolidate where you can, and you'd be surprised how much money their is.... oh yeah... and get rid of the Bush tax cuts after we do all of that.

One does not need a tv... one needs a roof over their heads, utilities paid, health care and a god damned savings account.

No food?

Clearly. You don't expect anyone to eat.

yeah... sorry. forgot about food. sue me.

I don't... why do you hate them...after all, it's the super wealthy that benefited the most out of them, and we know what they did with them.... sold out America.

Forum List

Back