Let's hear it for cops

One day crackerjack and the other ****** posting in here might have to call the cops for help. Is that funny to anyone else?
One day if I need someone to come by two hours after an emergency and shoot my dog, I'll do that.

You must live in the inner city
Nope, the 'burbs.

All the cops do here is write traffic tickets. They are experts at that.

Nobody likes getting a ticket. I got one recently. I was speeding and he gave me a ticket for a seat belt that I actually had on. It's better than a speeding ticket :D Laws of the roads are important. Otherwise us civilians would just run each other over lol

Why would I give the cops a break? They didnt do shit. The people were a largely white audience anyway. Just because they showed up doesnt mean they arent a large number of racists among them. Thanks for the compliment. Everything about me is dark. Part of being melinated.
I am absolutely certain that you're on the path to hell.
I'm absolutely certain what I think about cops has no bearing on if I go to heaven or hell.
You think being black gives you an excuse to hate other people.

You're wrong.
Experience gives me the right to hate cops.

If you think I'm wrong prove it.

Is that in the constitution or just in your dark heart?

The cops in LV did a wonderful job. I listened to the police scanner, and those people were amazing. And yes they did save lives
Is what in the constitution?

The good ones probably saved some lives but the vast majority of them didnt.

Experience gives me the right to hate cops.

Is it right to hate any group of people, cops, Jews, Blacks, Episcopalians, or dentists based on your limited interactions with them?

Is there a word for that kind of pre-judgement?
Yes. I believe its right. If it was just my limited interactions you would have a point. I have a long childhood filled with interactions with the fuckers. Me and about a million other Black people share the same story.

Not all cops do that. One thing I know about the black community. Not all but many is they are taught from a young age to distrust the cops. I think if they were taught otherwise, it might tend to make things a bit more just. But to put all cops in your limited experience basket is simply wrong and it does not serve the black community well.
Why do you think we are taught from a young age to distrust the police? Have you ever considered its because the cops deserve that mistrust or is that something you cant bring yourself to consider because youre white?

If it was just my limited experience you would have a point. I have my experience. Every single member of my families experience, the vast majority of Black people I know and plenty I dont know personally experiences.

They have to charge into the room of a mad man and stop him from killing hundreds of people, but first they have to make sure he hasn't built a booby-trap bomb that will take out four floors of a hotel.

Authorities, bystanders respond with bravery amid Las Vegas mass shooting

It's insane, but that's what cops do and what I say, it's time to stop giving them shit for doing their jobs.

I am a huge fan of cops- and bravery in action is just a small part of it- they have to deal with the humanity most of us want nothing to do with- I know the cops in my neighborhood and have had fantastic interactions with them- what they should be applauded for every day is working to keep us all safer.

That doesn't mean we should ignore the very small percentage of cops that abuse their power.

Lets do both- applaud and appreciate the vast majority of cops who do a very underappreciated job- and condemn those few who abuse their authority.

That doesn't mean we should ignore the very small percentage of cops that abuse their power.
So what exactly should we do about the significant percentage of "good" cops who stay silent about or cover for those bad cops who abuse their power?

Forum List

Back