Let's hear a real plan for healthcare reform

Oct 14, 2008
Neither canidate has a real plan to reform healthcare.

As an engineer the past twenty years I have been fortunate to work on some of the largest most technically challenging programs in the world, many of which involved billions of dollars and hundreds of people. I was often brought in to analyze and solve critical issues in these goliaths, coordinate and lead implementations, and clearly communicate challenges and solutions to both senior leadership and the implementation teams. As a problem solver it pains me to see our country flounder due to weak government representative leadership that appears to lack both the will and the means to clearly articulate our challenges, analyze them and propose and implement viable meaningful solutions. As the political season is upon us and we are deluged with a litany of meaningless political babble and skin deep media analysis my concern deepens. In an attempt at self therapy I have decided to apply my craft to add an analytical view to the mix of opinions about how to solve our greatest challenges. Although I am just a small fish in a vast ocean, my hope is that I can do my small part to contribute to an intelligent discussion around these critical issues and thus forge a better world for present and future citizens of the greatest country on the earth.

Although I’ve personally lived in another country that has a very successful socialized medical system, in my view our solution is not a U.S. government run healthcare system. I say this based of my first-hand experience with living with the “efficiencies” of various U.S. government bureaucracies. This is not to say that government has no role in the solution. Surely, the current solution of roll-the-dice survival-of-the-fittest-and-luckiest is clearly not working and destined to get worse. What we need is a blend of American capitalistic entrepreneurship and ingenuity with carefully crafted government policies, laws and infrastructure to optimize the system and ensure basic coverage for all, high quality care, low cost delivery and corporate U.S competitiveness

To read my proposed solution visit my blog at:

barrytheengineer.blogspot.com

What's your opinion?

Your healthcare is not the responsibility of the government, nor of others around you...

The best healthcare reform is reforming yourself and doing what you have to do to pay for the healthcare or healthcare insurance you feel you want or require

Interesting coming from an Army Vet who might be covered under VA government-run healthcare. In any case I propose government not run ANY healthcare or insurance. Instead I propose they structure laws and policies that ensure a competitive space for these products that does not exist today. Maybe if you get time you can read then plan and let me know about what you would change.

Barry The Engineer (www barrytheengineer blogspot com) (Put in the periods since I can't post URLs yet)

I think the most crucial feature to add to health care reform is to put some of the money we spend at the end of the problem onto the up-front stages of health issues - Prevention and early detection and reducing environmental factors that are increasing health risks.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back