Let's have some Fun: What if Luft46 had become a reality

The German rocket program came from the U.S., Goddard's R&D, and the Brits developed jet engines in the mid-1930's, found them too expensive to produce. We had all the time in the world, Germany didn't. So what if they got another year''s worth of getting the crap bombed out of them??? They would have been worse off as a result of extending the war, and in fact would have merely handed over much more of Germany to the Soviets. Having jets would have done exactly squat to stop the land war.

Due to some pretty serious spying, German absconded with the Centrifugal version of the jet engine from Whittle. Meanwhile, on the other side of the ocean, there was work done on the new TurboSupercharger for the P-38. It wasn't that big a leap to extend it to the L-1000 engine in 1937. Again, through creative Engineering though spying, German walked off with that as well as quite few other little secret tidbit. The War Department wasn't interest in the L-1000 engine so it was never really funded.

Nice cut and paste. Yuo can have hundreds of anything but it it's not ready for combat then it's just taking up space and using resources. The fact is, the Soviets did not attack Poland until AFTER Germany had all but beaten the Poles. With your Nationalist tendancies, I would think that you would accept this as good and move on.

Andusing Wiki for the definitive word doesn't work. Anyone can put anything in Wiki.Even so, it can't be all wrong all the time. In this case, it still doesn't quite say what you want it to say. It leaves out some very important parts. But, hey, without that, you would have to face reality.
The wiki is observed by funny guys. If you go there and edit Hitler´s pink unicorns into the article it won´t last long. Additionally, you can check the provided sources. Your revisionist history cannot stand all the facts. We can see how you reduce 11K ready tanks to a few hundred.

I edited one of the pages that had the cost of many current fighters. It stands today as I edited it. It had been that way for at least 3 years. The fact remaines that those that monitor or fact check Wiki aren't exactly great military historians.

You use a very outlandish condition. No, Hitler was not a Pink Unicorn and that would raise almost anyone's notice. But If I were to put in something where he was WEARING a pink pajama with Unicorns on it it just might escape the monitors notice.
There´s a history of who edited the pages. I once edited a page and it was undone two days later. Here´s the revision of the page as edited by me:
Friends of Syria Group - Wikipedia

Can you find the difference?

The German rocket program came from the U.S., Goddard's R&D, and the Brits developed jet engines in the mid-1930's, found them too expensive to produce. We had all the time in the world, Germany didn't. So what if they got another year''s worth of getting the crap bombed out of them??? They would have been worse off as a result of extending the war, and in fact would have merely handed over much more of Germany to the Soviets. Having jets would have done exactly squat to stop the land war.
The jet engine was developed in Germany and England independently. The Brits had a problem with their engines exploding during tests and the first jet ever started in Germany, the second in Italy.

Forum List

Back