Let's have an informal Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I have no time for your predictions of corporations ruling the world, and how we'd just better get used to it.

Nor your antiquated political science ideology. Face it my friend, capitalism is here to stay, human greed will make sure of that, and everyday you continue to feed monster which you so despise.

that soldiers are not inherently admirable people

Far more admirable than someone who sits behind a keyboard whining and wishing the world was something it is not. At least they do something to make a difference.[

QUOTE]but you have generally praised them, and that I think is short sighted[/QUOTE]

Damn right I have, and will continue in the future ! There are bad apples in every bunch, but these people deserve the benefit of the doubt.

If you're referring to "attacks" of criticism regarding how this administration has conducted its foreign policy, you couldn't be more wrong

No I'm referring to calling a sitting president a "criminal" or any names to that effect. If you condone this then you could not be more wrong, or classless.

juajuajua!

You're so full of crap you can't even see straight, eric.

Nor your antiquated political science ideology. Face it my friend, capitalism is here to stay, human greed will make sure of that, and everyday you continue to feed monster which you so despise.

Funny, from someone who advocates a state of nature, I should think the word "antiquated" wouldn't even appear in your lexicon. It's good to see that given the absence of your grand defense of the corporate world which you failed to produce in the month and a half since you promised it, that you have been reduced to half-intelligible phrases stollen from science fiction novels. But honestly, I like this foaming-at-the-mouth side of your schizophrenia better than the hypocritical one than makes half-assed attempts at rational discussion and pretends to a softer side of capitalism.

Far more admirable than someone who sits behind a keyboard whining and wishing the world was something it is not.

Again, funny coming from someone who just made a delusionary prediction of the total mastery of the human race by the "monster" that capitalism has become. You who sit behind your keyboard as surely as I do, but fill your posts with stupid hallucinations.

No I'm referring to calling a sitting president a "criminal" or any names to that effect. If you condone this then you could not be more wrong, or classless.

I guess anyone who ever suggested the impeachment of a president would go down right along with me. Glad to see you have assumed the mantle of he-who-determines-class. What a friggin' joke.

Originally posted by jimnyc
When you tell someone to refrain from referring to the troops as suckers or they will be banned, would you expect them to stop? Maybe find an alternative way to express their feelings?
Jim, you know to some extent I agree with you but if your going to have a poltical discussion board, your gonna have to let people choose their own language.
How about inferring they are stupid by saying a lot are uneducated from the midwest?
Then challenge his assumption, don't damn him for making it.
How about continually putting them in the same light as nazi's?How about calling them storm troopers?

The larger context is kicking down doors in the middle of the night. The analogy is valid in how the inhabitants of the neighborhoods might view this type of activity, to ignore or censor this serves no useful purpose.
It was point blank name calling when it was clearly expressed by the board administrator and forum moderator that it was not acceptable. Ignoring that request and saying things to some how make their points valid isn't malicious?
I'd take your argument more seriously if it were unimformly applied.From another thread;
"Thank God we have G.W and not some lets wait and see bleeding heart lib as the prez!"
Took ten seconds to find that one. I think you would be better served to allow everyone to choose their own words and rely on the desire for regular posters to be taken seriously to moderate their behavior, but that's just my 2 cents.

While you can be upset that I've phrased it that way (did he have to call the president a sock puppet?)

Be sarcastic all you would like. Allow me to make your day, "dijetlo you are right, as always", you are just too clever for a farm boy like me. Feel better about yourself? Is that a boost to your ego?

It's good to see that given the absence of your grand defense of the corporate world which you failed to produce in the month and a half since you promised it, that you have been reduced to half-intelligible phrases stollen from science fiction novels

Sorry I am not a cook with too much time on my hands. I am too busy making real money. By the way, I don't read science fiction, always thought it was stupid and a waste of good time.

I am not the one who keeps saying our national policies are driven by corporations. Read back through the posts and see who is obsessed by big corporations.

Originally posted by dijetlo
I'd take your argument more seriously if it were unimformly applied.From another thread;
"Thank God we have G.W and not some lets wait and see bleeding heart lib as the prez!"

What does that have to do with the soldiers? Wasn't this thread about namecalling of our soldiers?

Uh, scoreboard, dope. How many posts have you made? and me? Who has too much time on their hands?

Our national policy IS driven by corporations, and in that I include the gun lobby and the zionists (not in that order), because they are both driven by corporate interests and pirate treasure.

Ban me if you will Mr. Moderator, but I cannot refrain from a little name calling here - Bry you are a self-righteous pompous asshole!

And just what in hell does juajuajua mean?? Is that a new culinary delight?

Uh, scoreboard, dope. How many posts have you made? and me? Who has too much time on their hands?

Ah, one of the many advantages to running the company, you can do as you please in the office, sorry if that just screwed up your weak ass reply.

Originally posted by jimnyc
What does that have to do with the soldiers? Wasn't this thread about namecalling of our soldiers?
Your talking about banning people for calling soldiers suckers. Did you want their opinion or not?

guilty as charged, Joan. It's good to find a home, I have to admit. Some of the phrases in this thread that make me think I'm not alone here:

How many of you agree with SLClemens that our soldiers are "suckers" or "uneducated from the midwest" or "deluded"?

This thread is pompous and assholish from the get-go, stupidly reducing SLC's mostly well constructed posts into a parody.

The suckers are the ones that go around spouting out this shit!

from Mommy dearest.

Nothing, idiot.

the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.
Again:

I'll repeat myself for the intellectually challenged

Here's where Eric wades in:
I am glad that you know everything, I did too when I was younger, then I found out how wrong I was.

And that's all before I even started to open my mouth. Of course, I garnered these responses:

Bry, all your typing was for nothing as you were just simply asked whether or not you agree with his namecalling of soldiers. (funny how I was the ONLY one to illicit that response in this thread, while I notice that NOONE has limited themselves to a strict yes/no response to the assininely worded "poll" question.)

2 peas in a pod, and what a wretched pod that is.

Don't worry, SLClemens, you are not alone in your sad little life.

Just not very bright.

hmmm...... another bright one.

I have had enough of people calling us flag-waving war-mongers, and trying to imply a lack of intellegence or reasoning on our part, that somehow we need your pity. The ones who require pity are you two... and a loooong etc. from Eric, who never bothered to point out what comments exactly were so upsetting...

But by that time, of course, I'd entered the fray in ernest, and surely deserved everything I got. Honestly, I think I have always been very respectful of you Joan, and I can only think that you're calling me an asshole now is meant as a complement. Thanks! I'm in good company. :p:

Oh, this just in:
Ah, one of the many advantages to running the company, you can do as you please in the office, sorry if that just screwed up your weak ass reply.

Your lame excuse, not mine, E:

Sorry I am not a cook with too much time on my hands. I am too busy making real money.

That's the end of it, Bry. Call me an asshole again and your banned.

Your talking about banning people for calling soldiers suckers. Did you want their opinion or not?

Dijetlo - I'm all for everyone voicing their opinions, that's what this board is all about. I've asked repeatedly to have the namecalling of troops to cease, it hasn't. This thread is a perfect example of what happens when it gets out of hand.

No more polls. The namecalling now ceases with the closing of this thread, and that applies to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back