lets have a non-fallacious discussion about palin's qualifications

Like Sarah Palin, or not, she had the attention of the American public. From what I've seen of her, and from what I have gathered from listening to her give speechs, I find her to be a breath of fresh air. Not necessarily because of what she says, but because she comes across as an honest person who truly believes in what she is saying. I don't know of any other politician that does that. In terms of someone that I could trust and believe in, I can find those qualities in Sarah Palin but that comes a little short of me voting for her for President. At this point in time, I do not believe she is qualified to be President but if she continues to grow in her knowledge base I would seriously consider voting for her in a Presidential election. When I compare her against Owe Bama, I think she is just as qualified as he was when he was elected President. I trust and believe in her more than I do Owe Bama but, as I said, she still needs to do some growing politically before I can said I would definiately vote for her to become President. Other things I like about her is I think she has a certain bit of charm and wit and I like that. She is very easy on the eyes. She knows how to field dress a moose! I think she deserves keeping an eye on and someone to consider down the road.

She brings NOTHING to the political table. NOTHING. If she actually won, I honestly believe she would be a danger to America. Seriously.

How dumb can America be? (This is rhetorical, since we elected Bush twice.) He would be great to have a beer with as well, but was a horrible president.

Her breath of fresh air crap is just that. Let her do her little speeches that say nothing, but keep her out of office.

I don't support Obama and didn't vote for him. funny that you still mentioned him in your dodge though. and since you find those to be the only two qualifications I assume you have never posted negatively about obama's perceived lack of qualifications as always spouted the gop retards?

I am glad you caught that. This was post number 1. lol

I think Palin is presidential material. Seriously, please let her run. (After her reality show of course). Remember, she was gov. for her full term...oh wait. Never mind. She had nothing to do with the bridge to no where....oh wait never mind. She taught abstinence and it worked well for her daughter...oh wait never mind. She proved she is up on all things geographical. i mean, look at East Korea. Oh wait, never mind. She proved she is not a hack by getting a job on fox. Oh wait, never mind.

Yeah, run her. She is just as qualified as Obama. She is a constitutional lawyer as well. Oh wait, never mind.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsnore:lol:

Excellent retort. Insightful, typical and just brilliant.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
LOL, Palin would be a "DANGER" to America. First being a mayor, than a Governor of a state with quite a few military bases, the oil pipeline, commercial fishing, etc etc. yet she would be a "danger" to America. whoo boy, pick up the feet, chit is getting deep.:lol:

Last edited:
You know......the only qualifications that are required are to be of appropriate age and a natural born citizen of the US.

We used only those 2 measuring sticks when we had to endure the stupidity of 2000-2008. Personally? I think that not only should we see if she's qualified (she is), but will she be the right person of the job?

She won't.

She has a degree in television journalism, not law. Lawyers are the ones that create, interpret and enforce laws. The president SIGNS bills into law.

She falls short in the education department.

Remember, a president has to lead people through good or bad, and be willing to stick with the job until it is completed, your term is up, or you die.

Palin left her governorship halfway through. What would happen if she left office in the middle of a war with Iraq?

She fails in the "stay the course and complete the job" category.

All she really has is an ability to connect with the base, and shit........Hitler was able to connect with the base and talk to the people, making them think that he was one of them.

Look how well that turned out.

OK, let's see...

Is she a US born citizen? - check!

Is she at least 35 years old? - check!

Is she not a convicted felon? - check!

Sure looks like she meets the qualification requirements to me.

Of course I'd never vote for her, but that's a different debate.

Can a convicted felon become president?
In: US Constitution, Federal Laws [Edit categories]

[Improve]
The only requirements for presidency of the U.S.:

Being a natural born citizen of the U.S.
Being at least 35 years of age.
Being a permanent resident of the U.S. for at least 14 years.
Article I of the U.S. Constitution gives the Senate the power to disqualify persons who have been impeached from holding federal office. However, there is no mention of the simple state of being a "felon" disqualifying a person from being elected President.

Apparently there are examples of felons that have run for president. One I found quickly was Lyndon Larouche.

[MORE]

Article 2 Section 1 outlines the requirements for president, they are as above. There is no prohibition from a felon running for or holding the office. Link below.

Note: There are comments associated with this question. See the discussion page to add to the conversation.

Not as smart as you thought, are you?....:razz:

OK, let's see...

[Improve]

Article I of the U.S. Constitution gives the Senate the power to disqualify persons who have been impeached from holding federal office. However, there is no mention of the simple state of being a "felon" disqualifying a person from being elected President.

Apparently there are examples of felons that have run for president. One I found quickly was Lyndon Larouche.

[MORE]

Article 2 Section 1 outlines the requirements for president, they are as above. There is no prohibition from a felon running for or holding the office. Link below.

Note: There are comments associated with this question. See the discussion page to add to the conversation.

Nice catch.

The funny thing is I already fact checked my own post and read this also.

At least it looks like the same thing I read at wiki-answers. :)

But yes, I concede that I did think being a felon was disqualifier and I was wrong.

LOL, Palin would be a "DANGER" to America. First being a mayor, than a Governor of a state with quite a few military bases, the oil pipeline, commercial fishing, etc etc. yet she would be a "danger" to America. whoo boy, pick up the feet, chit is getting deep.:lol:

Mayor of a city of under 6,000?

and she bailed as governor so that does not count.

Last edited:
YOU're not going to get any. Being a mayor of a small town of like minded peopel is hardly difficult. Cutting taxes in a state that gets tons of revenue from oil is hardly a big success. Dealing with a desolate state with many like minded people is hardly being qualified to deal with the entire country that is very diverse. Plus,. she was governor for what, 1 year?

Do Alaska governors govern those bases? I've lived in a few states with military bases and the governors had next to nothing to do with those bases. And I say next to nothing because the states are charged with providing educational services to kids who live on military bases.

Oh great, I was wondering how long it would take to get to the "Alaska doesn't count because it isn't Cali or on the Eastern seaboard" argument.

Way to shine a light on your prejudiced ignorance, nitwits.

Many people on this board find Sarah Palin to be presidential material, but I don't see any qualification that she has to take the job. Could one of her supporters please list these qualifications?

No fallacies please, meaning no bringing up obama, bush or any other person. just list palin's qualifications in areas a president must be proficient.

lets don't and say we did

Many people on this board find Sarah Palin to be presidential material, but I don't see any qualification that she has to take the job. Could one of her supporters please list these qualifications?

No fallacies please, meaning no bringing up obama, bush or any other person. just list palin's qualifications in areas a president must be proficient.

Here, let me make a list for you of Palin's qualifications spelled out in detail:

There, I hope that helped.

All Obama had was what a Year as a Senator? Palin has 2 years as Governor. That is more qualified. I don't recall you whining about Obama not being qualified. Or did I miss it?

OK, let's see...

[Improve]

[MORE]

Nice catch.

The funny thing is I already fact checked my own post and read this also.

At least it looks like the same thing I read at wiki-answers. :)

But yes, I concede that I did think being a felon was disqualifier and I was wrong.

That's always been one of my 'pet peeves'. If you can't vote if you're a felon, why the heck should you be allowed to run for office!! IMO, that's one of the biggest inconsistencies in American law.

Oh great, I was wondering how long it would take to get to the "Alaska doesn't count because it isn't Cali or on the Eastern seaboard" argument.

Seems like you're the first to mention Alaska not counting. Or at least I can't find anyone else who posted that.

lets have a non-fallacious discussion about palin's qualifications

I don't think it's possible.

The left would never stoop to give her credit if she stated that the sun was shining and it was 12 noon.

The right, reflexively opposed to the left will defend her, even if she does something indefensible.

And the Palin zombies....

Seems like you're the first to mention Alaska not counting. Or at least I can't find anyone else who posted that.

or anything regarding only Cali and Eastern seaboard counting.

Forum List

Back