Let's Have A Debate About Intel & Genocide

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, May 21, 2005.

?

Get good intel or oppose genocide?

1. Good intel- its not Americans facing genocide right?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Oppose genocide, we can get intel elsewhere

71.4%
  3. Perhaps Bush needs to be pushed by public outcry to consider the obvious better options out there

28.6%
  1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Today because (a) I deploy for 4-6 months in 24-36 hours and (b) I can't wait for May 27th when Hentoff's next column shows up.

As the US government aligns itself with the genocidal regime of Sudan, is it worth it to get valuable anti-terrorism intelligence in exchange for us not taking a stand on the ongoing genocide?

Stop genocide or get good intel?

Please be brave enough to give your two cents and explain whether/why you see aiding genocide as necessary for defense or support potentially risking the lives of Americans (notice how this whole bloody business is lose-lose thanks to the policies our leaders have pursued) by losing out on said intel to take a stand on genocide?

Which is more important to you?

Stopping genocide, losing out on valuable anti-terror intel
    or
    Aiding genocide, recieving valuable anti-terror intel

2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    If we need the help of the genocidal murderers running the “government” in Khartoum, then America is in very serious trouble. The “cooperation” on anti-terrorism with the radical Islamic Khartoum regime announced by the Bush Administration provides a smoke screen for continuing to do nothing about Darfur. While in office, Secretary of State Powell declared that genocide was taking place in Darfur. What have heard from C. Rice on this topic? America should help stop the genocide in Darfur. Unfortunately, the Bush Administration's do-nothing behavior regarding Darfur is as immoral as the Clinton Administration’s attitude toward the 1994 genocide in Rwanda. America should make sure that the murderers running the “government” in Khartoum are prosecuted for war crimes. But that is fantasy; the Bush Administration has decided to do nothing.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    :thup:

"not on my watch" my ass mr. president

on Sudan, tragically he has become a shadow of his former self. the mere threat of us effecting regime change in syria gives pause to the regime there and others around the region. the same could be said for sudan, along with their terrible weakness to a blockade because of that one little seaport that transports all their blood soaked jihadist oil to the thirsty chinese, french, indians and japanese, among many others.

4. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Have a good cruise NATO.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282

thank you pegwinn.

i do just wish we could do something about this mess that involved more than poo pahing and hand wringing.

6. gaffer

gaffer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Have a safe cruise while keeping us safe.

Who knows maybe you'll end up off the coast of Africa and give the jihadist in sudan something to think about. We can always hope there's something in the works we just don't know about.

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Thank you gaffer.

I would very much like to believe that and would be thrilled beyond anything in my life thus far to be a part of it, however minute.

8. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Time to force the administration to deal with all the issues. Darfur needs to be a UN Solution. Why? Because America has about shot it's wad in the world now. AS to intel, money talks and bullshit walks. If we pay enough to the right people, we can eat our cake and buy it too.