Let's give advice to the Romney-Ryan Campaign

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Just for conservatives, what do you think they should do to enhance their chance of winning this fall?

I think they should get more press time or be on more talk shows that would fair in their questions. I would avoid the more liberal talk shows, but be on Fox, CNN and perhaps some short local interviews where they stop along the way.

Start releasing more campaign ads. Do more unscripted talks with people at local restaurants. Rescue a few people from burning cars.

Yup. Hit the talk show circuit big time and talk about the economy, jobs, the deficit, the debt and Barry's signature legislation, Obamacare.

Romney and Ryan should hammer Barry and his dim witt VP on those issues.

After all. Barry did say that if he couldn't fix things in one term he sure as hell didn't deserve another.

Amen.

Nothing is going to help them, especially not increased media exposure, so far it has been a bad thing for him to take unscripted questions or appear in everyday settings he is unfamiliar with.

Yup. Hit the talk show circuit big time and talk about the economy, jobs, the deficit, the debt and Barry's signature legislation, Obamacare.

Romney and Ryan should hammer Barry and his dim witt VP on those issues.

After all. Barry did say that if he couldn't fix things in one term he sure as hell didn't deserve another.

Amen.

Amen!

Picking Ryan was risky. That said, now that he's there, I agree that he (not Romney) should be on every possible radio and TV talk show. He's personable, good looking, knows his stuff (whether you agree with him or not) and presents it in a way that's understandable. That's precisely the kind of messenger needed.

I stopped by Maddow last night, and she literally said that Ryan "wants to kill Medicare". He should even visit her.

Then let the people decide.

Last edited:
1) Offer to release tax returns, college transcripts, report cards, employee reviews, health records, driving records, court records, and everything else.. the very moment Obama agrees to do the same... they want to scream vetting and disclosure and transparency, don't just put it on their terms being used for class warfare
2) Economy, economy, economy.. give specifics, give facts, show a complete plan, and hammer it over and over again
3) Watch for the distraction tactics.. don't let them take you off focus
4) Forget about the rabid Obamabots, they will not be swayed even if the fucker sprouts horns... focus on the concerns of the middle and independents and even if your plan is not in total sync with what they want, EXPLAIN it and explain why... don't use wishy washy vagueness and platitudes

Picking Ryan was risky. That said, now that he's there, I agree that he (not Romney) should be on every possible radio and TV talk show. He's personable, good looking, knows his stuff (whether you agree with him or not) and presents it in a way that's understandable. That's precisely the kind of messenger needed.

I stopped by Maddow last night, and she literally said that Ryan "wants to kill Medicare". He should even visit her.

The follow-up question is his mortal enemy, he will not just be able to just go around selling his "plans" without having to defend them from pointed questions and this he fails miserably.

The follow-up question is his mortal enemy, he will not just be able to just go around selling his "plans" without having to defend them from pointed questions and this he fails miserably.

Either way, it's their best shot. Otherwise, Ryan's just walking around with a target on his back. May as well be proactive.

Make sure the woman who attempted to respond to the Priorities USA ad virtually accusing Romney of murder, NEVER speaks again.

Just make everything about the economy, agreed with many posts, everywhere possible. Hang every fucking thing you can around Obama's neck. Unemployment rate being above 8%, real unemployment much higher, etc, etc. Use Obama's words about "if i can't fix the economy in 4 years, i don't deserve to be re-elected."

Everything else is peripheral to his chances of winning.

They're already doing that...........

Tonite on FOX Brit Hume has an exclusive interview with Ryan.

They are now releasing a nationwide ad on MEDICARE - an in-your-face to Obama that is bringing our REAL problems front and center. [Where's YOUR plan, O?

Just for conservatives, what do you think they should do to enhance their chance of winning this fall?

I think they should get more press time or be on more talk shows that would fair in their questions. I would avoid the more liberal talk shows, but be on Fox, CNN and perhaps some short local interviews where they stop along the way.

Start releasing more campaign ads. Do more unscripted talks with people at local restaurants. Rescue a few people from burning cars.

cut loose the far right.

Actually you're wrong on that, he's pretty good at it and you can view him on youtube....plenty of stuff there

cut loose the far right.

The minute the DEMs cut loose and stop pandering to the far left

Hardly. He can defend them perfectly.

1) Offer to release tax returns, college transcripts, report cards, employee reviews, health records, driving records, court records, and everything else.. the very moment Obama agrees to do the same... they want to scream vetting and disclosure and transparency, don't just put it on their terms being used for class warfare
2) Economy, economy, economy.. give specifics, give facts, show a complete plan, and hammer it over and over again
4) Forget about the rabid Obamabots, they will not be swayed even if the fucker sprouts horns... focus on the concerns of the middle and independents and even if your plan is not in total sync with what they want, EXPLAIN it and explain why... don't use wishy washy vagueness and platitudes

1) Conditional honesty isn't going to win over anyone
2) Say you want to cut taxes on yourself? Not smart
3) You're right about this one--play your own game.
4) It's too late for that. There aren't enough undecideds to turn the tide in the amounts he needs. He can't get too detailed in his plans if he's going to embrace the Ryan budget (see point 2) because it only benefits people like him. Most voters are nothing like the Governor.

Which is why Obama will win. Easily.

1) Conditional honesty isn't going to win over anyone
2) Say you want to cut taxes on yourself? Not smart
3) You're right about this one--play your own game.
4) It's too late for that. There aren't enough undecideds to turn the tide in the amounts he needs. He can't get too detailed in his plans if he's going to embrace the Ryan budget (see point 2) because it only benefits people like him. Most voters are nothing like the Governor.

Which is why Obama will win. Easily.

1.) Tell that to Obama
2.) Say you want everyone to pay taxes is smart.
3.) I agree.
4.) There are more undecideds and independents out there and Ryan puts the emphasis on the VP slot which should be important in any campaign. Not only is he great on economics but can handle the presidency if called on, unlike Biden.

cut loose the far right.

Can't be done because they are ALL far right these days.

I mean, c'mon ... the most moderate think dead beat dads and crazy teepots are just find. The real GOP is dead and has become the GObP. Real R's are retiring because its just too crazy now.

Forum List

Back