Let's Get The God Out Of The Calendar Business!!!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
I have been asked many times how Christianity messes with science and I came to this obvious conclusion. I would like to see humans get together and come up with a calander that reflects human evolution. We need to decide when the first modern human was and call that day one. OR...we could decide when exactly the earth was formed.. Or when life first appeared.. Or..(your suggestions???)

So you think that is an outrageous off the cuff suggestion? Not so fast godboys and godgirls...

All of the great civilizations have had thier own calanders. We are as advanced as any civilization so I think it is high time we come up with our own calander reflecting that. Before and after Christ is bogus!

Discuss...

Last edited:
stock-vector-business-evolution-calendar-6959998.jpg

What Huggy wants does not actually make a great argument for that kind of upheaval. Carry one whining.

Correct you are sugar tits! I just decided 15 minutes ago. I have not worked up any great argument..I will work on that. It will have to happen sometime in the future when the non believers are in the majority. This is going to happen eventually.. probably not in our lifetime but what does it hurt kicking the idea around till then?

Every change in how we view time has had it's awkward moment. The good news is that when we do get around to it ..And we will...It will be for the last time.

When does the religion of evolution tell you the first day of the first modern human was?

That may not even be the standard. It would probably be easier mathmatically to establish the exact moment of the BIG BANG.

Let's face it...when we finally meet ET.. And we will.. it/they will be more impressed with a civilization that doesn't keep time by make believe entities.

Let's forget for a moment, beginning time with any calendar. Isn't it ironic that President Obama's presidency ends with the Mayan calendar? OH MY! That might be a good new start.

I think this could be done without eliminating references to when Christianity and Islam and Budda etc became established. It is just hokey to expect everyone on the planet to conform to a time in our human developement that is so bogus scientifically.

There could be a shorthand for the big numbers and a more detailed timeline accounting for the developement of mans societies since he could document the events surrounding them.

I have been asked many times how Christianity messes with science and I came to this obvious conclusion. I would like to see humans get together and come up with a calander that reflects human evolution. We need to decide when the first modern human was and call that day one. OR...we could decide when exactly the earth was formed.. Or when life first appeared.. Or..(your suggestions???)

So you think that is an outrageous off the cuff suggestion? Not so fast godboys and godgirls...

All of the great civilizations have had thier own calanders. We are as advanced as any civilization so I think it is high time we come up with our own calander reflecting that. Before and after Christ is bogus!

Discuss...

WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe announced Tuesday that he will not participate in Tulsa's Parade of Lights until organizers put ""Christ'' back in the event's title.

"Last year, the forces of political correctness removed the word ‘Christmas’ and replaced it with ‘Holiday’ instead,'' the Oklahoma Republican said.

"I am deeply saddened and disappointed by this change.''

Read more from this Tulsa World article at Inhofe says he won't take part in Tulsa holiday parade | Tulsa World

Merry Christmas, Hugs!

I'll tell ya another thing...whoever pulls off the co-operation to finally make it happen will have a gauranteed place in our history. There are not that many easy slots to fill left. This one is a no brainer.

Just think CG...If you put your fabulous brain to work your name could go down at the top for all time... I KNOW that appeals to your ego!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

We have the means right now what with the internet and everything. I'm suprised no one has jumped on it yet!

I wasn't really thinking about THAT aspect of it at first but it is ...interesting...

All ya would have to do is start some web sites dedicated to primarily selling that idea among other things and linky link till everybody is on board.

Whoever or whatever group that pulls it off will be FAMOUS!!! Till the end of time..

Discuss...

WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe announced Tuesday that he will not participate in Tulsa's Parade of Lights until organizers put ""Christ'' back in the event's title.

"Last year, the forces of political correctness removed the word ‘Christmas’ and replaced it with ‘Holiday’ instead,'' the Oklahoma Republican said.

"I am deeply saddened and disappointed by this change.''

Read more from this Tulsa World article at Inhofe says he won't take part in Tulsa holiday parade | Tulsa World

Merry Christmas, Hugs!

Right back Atcha!!!! :lol:

Oh ya...there is that teensy weensy aspect of the patent and the residuals of usin "Our" calander...

We are not talkin chump change here folks. How many calanders are there on the planet? A bizzilion? If "We" locked this thing down and marketed it successfully and even made a "penny" on each calender ..if a hundred of us took this on and pulled it off we would each have more money than Billy Gates..

Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

PS..OK there are 7 billion people ..maybe 20 billion calenders distributed every "year" nix the penny and make it a dime. All the Puters... Cell Phones.... Printed Calenders...

Comon PEOPLE!!! Think BIG!!!!

Last edited:
i would be much more impressed if you could spell calendar.....

but i digress..what is your bitch now?

why do you care what the christians do with their god?

i would be much more impressed if you could spell calendar.....

but i digress..what is your bitch now?

why do you care what the christians do with their god?

I don't care what the Christians do with thier God.. I just wanna take the calender franchise off thier hands.:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a money deal BitchyBones!! Go with it!!

You can't accuse me of thinkin small ball ! :lol:

Sorry bub it’s still a Christian society (for the most part). Christianity played a big role in who we are as a society. Good luck with your idea!

All of the great civilizations have had thier own calanders....
...and the Gregorian calendar -is- that calendar.

Ya ..whatever... If I told you somebody was shooting at you ...you would ask me "who invented the modern firearm?"..

This is all about The Opportunity. That's what I do..look at EVERYTHING with the fresh eyes.

First we need to come up with a catchy name. Then a plan that encorporates enough of the existing calender but still leaves room to update each year assuming we stick with the earth revolving around the sun as a major indicator of time. I am in favor of keeping "the year" for now.. I would like to see the elimination of the leap year. That could be accomplished by recalibrating clocks to add slightly more time thus eliminating that discrepency.

The most important change would be establishing a zero point that reflects human intelligence not institutionalised stupidity.

Forum List

Back