Let's Get Something Straight Here

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
I keep hearing pundits and politicians claiming Trump should not say anything to the DOJ about things he thinks they should investigate. They keep claiming the founders established an independent judiciary. Believe it or not they are correct that the founders established an independent judiciary the DOJ is NOT part of the judiciary, they are part of the executive branch. The federal courts are the judiciary. It is quite proper for the president to direct his DOJ, as he alone is charged by the Constitution, in Article 2, to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed". The DOJ is just one organization that was established by congress to allow a president to fulfill that constitutional obligation.

I find it funny these supposedly educated people have no clue who is actually the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in our Constitutional Republic.

Discuss.

OKTexas, you actually make sense here, but I guarantee the long time civil servants do not believe that Trump, once he has appointed an AG, should have any advice for the AG or the lawyers.

Maybe the concern is that he is saying them so publicly that it threatens to taint cases. I read somewhere today that the judge in the deserter case referenced Trump's prior public comments in handing down the sentence.

I agree completely with the op.

What I find odd is the Trump seems to think he has no ability to influence the DoJ

OKTexas, you actually make sense here, but I guarantee the long time civil servants do not believe that Trump, once he has appointed an AG, should have any advice for the AG or the lawyers.

I guess they've forgotten who the boss is. Maybe they should break out their pocket Constitution form time to time.

Maybe the concern is that he is saying them so publicly that it threatens to taint cases. I read somewhere today that the judge in the deserter case referenced Trump's prior public comments in handing down the sentence.

Yeah that was bullshit. And his tweet about the haji fuck needing the death penalty will likely go bad for him at some point to. Can’t see a defense lawyer not pointing it out.

I guess they've forgotten who the boss is. Maybe they should break out their pocket Constitution form time to time.

Exactly!

I'm so sick of that weakling Sessions I can not begin to tell you!:mad-61:

He always recuses himself from everything...WTF???? why did he accept the job?????what's wrong with that idiot?

Has he been compromised too by the Clintons or by Hussein?

This is sickening.

Sessions has somehow been compromised he must step down... maybe his long tenure in the senate has dirt on it and he is being black mailed...either way he must go. Blatant felonies are being ignored...

He ruled they had no impact.

That he allowed himself to be examined by the lawyers in the case is not insignificant.

I keep hearing pundits and politicians claiming Trump should not say anything to the DOJ about things he thinks they should investigate. They keep claiming the founders established an independent judiciary. Believe it or not they are correct that the founders established an independent judiciary the DOJ is NOT part of the judiciary, they are part of the executive branch. The federal courts are the judiciary. It is quite proper for the president to direct his DOJ, as he alone is charged by the Constitution, in Article 2, to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed". The DOJ is just one organization that was established by congress to allow a president to fulfill that constitutional obligation.

I find it funny these supposedly educated people have no clue who is actually the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in our Constitutional Republic.

Discuss.

The brain damaged snowflakes would have us believe that the justice department is supposed to do whatever it likes. Only a profound idiot would endorse such a concept. Not even they endorsed it during the Obama administration.

The scumbag plead guilty of two of the most serious charges a soldier could face, what was there to taint? But I agree he should do it more discreetly, but he will still be accused of going after political opponents, well sometimes political opponents need to be gone after.

Exactly!

I'm so sick of that weakling Sessions I can not begin to tell you!:mad-61:

He always recuses himself from everything...WTF???? why did he accept the job?????what's wrong with that idiot?

Has he been compromised too by the Clintons or by Hussein?

This is sickening.
I suspect he's being blackmailed by the Clintons.

The scumbag plead guilty of two of the most serious charges a soldier could face, what was there to taint? But I agree he should do it more discreetly, but he will still be accused of going after political opponents, well sometimes political opponents need to be gone after.

If they had given him the harshest sentence, rest assured those comments would have been used on appeal.

That he allowed himself to be examined by the lawyers in the case is not insignificant.

I have no idea what that sentence means. You do know that "not insignificant "is a double-negative.

I have no idea what that sentence means. You do know that "not insignificant "is a double-negative.

Then decipher it if it concerns you.

Forum List

Back