Let's get ready to rummmmmmble!

Feb 28, 2009
This may have been missed by most, but I think it's somewhat humorous:

WWE's Linda McMahon Explores Senate Run - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Linda McMahon, CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, "appears primed to run for Senate in Connecticut and should make an announcement very soon."

And:

World Wrestling Entertainment CEO vs. Sen. Christopher Dodd in senate race - El Paso Times
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. said Wednesday McMahon has resigned as the company's chief executive to seek the Republican nomination for Dodd's seat, providing a show-business twist to one of the nation's marquee Senate races.
"I never do anything half-heartedly," McMahon said in a telephone interview Wednesday with The Associated Press. "I am 100 percent serious about this race."
Thoughts?

I think one major liability will be her husband. There's no telling what all skeletons he has in his closet. And since she is a Repug, you know the media is gonna dig deep.

Discuss.

Man our team is really scraping the barrel. Sad scary commentary. I heard the GOP was trying to recruit ordinary people who had never considered politics before. These folks sure aint ordinary.

• Banned
Man our team is really scraping the barrel. Sad scary commentary. I heard the GOP was trying to recruit ordinary people who had never considered politics before. These folks sure aint ordinary.
Well, I'm not on either team but yeah, this is going to be bizarre.

• Banned
I think one major liability will be her husband. There's no telling what all skeletons he has in his closet. And since she is a Repug, you know the media is gonna dig deep.

Discuss.

I expect mockery, derision, and numerous references to wwe if she runs.
It's no longer a if, she is running.

And there'll be alot more than just mockery, derision and numerous references. Each and every single particle of the skeletons Vince has in his closet will be magnified and harped on by the media.

Not only his but hers. Do recall, she was the CEO of the company before stepping down to run for office.

I find it someone interesting that she's running as a republican and Al Sharpton was 'gues host' on one of the major 'brands' of her husband's company. I wonder whether she was involved in that decision and what whether she agrees w/ mr Sharpton's views regarding education reform (a matter he discussed/advertised during the show)

Well she's already outspending all of the other candidates easily. She's taken out full page ads in all the major Connecticut newspapers, and got some commercials and radio ads I believe.

I'm curious as to whether she'll be advertising during WWE's programing block in her home state

that could become a headache in the press later
It's open in my mind if that would be a problem, so long as her campaign paid for the adverts and the time.

It's not like WWE controls all of the commercials USA runs in their shows.

Not at all. I can just imagine democrats and media people asking a lot of annoying questions about advertising to fans of the show

ideally, only policies and record would matter, but I'm not delusional enough to think that's the reality in politics

Not at all. I can just imagine democrats and media people asking a lot of annoying questions about advertising to fans of the show

ideally, only policies and record would matter, but I'm not delusional enough to think that's the reality in politics
I agree, I can see alot of questions asked. But they wouldn't be rational or substantive.

I agree, I can see alot of questions asked. But they wouldn't be rational or substantive.
Since when does that matter in politics?

at least in the last 40 years anyway

Whether it can be made to stick, to resonate or not, does. Facts be damned, you're correct.

Forum List

Back