Lets force Walmart, at gunpoint, to give $5/hour raise because we are so caring

if your customer can't pay for it the product is going to sit on the shelf .

you brought this. I then explained to you what supply side economics is. You were embarrassed and tried to change the subject rather than learn about the essence of Republican capitalism so next time you can talk about it intelligently.[/QUOTE]

I more than understand supply side economics, and I am not saying there is not a time when stimulating supply is a viable economic policy. But now is not the time. Not even close. There is little to no inflation, nothing close to full employment, and interest rates have been in the ditch for years. This is basic Macro. To believe otherwise is nothing but ignorance.

Just what the hell does it do other than suck money out of the economy?

actually only the Fed can suck money out of the economy. Walmart cant. This is econ 101.

Wrong, Walmart makes a company stock purchase. They destroy the stock. The price of Walmart stock goes up collecting more money into the stock market. What does it do there? If Walmart stock increases by ten percent does Walmart have more money to invest. If Walmart's market cap increases by ten billion dollars, where does the ten billion come from and what does it do while it is sitting in the market?

. But now is not the time. Not even close.

so now, for example, we don't need Republican supply siders to supply a new car for $5000 that gets 200 MPH?? You worry it would create too many jobs and drive up wages too far when we already have too many high paying jobs??? Notice how naturally slow a liberal always is? Why is that if not because liberalism is based in ignorance?

If Walmart's market cap increases by ten billion dollars, where does the ten billion come from and what does it do while it is sitting in the market?

1+1=2
1) where?? it comes from stock buyers who pay it to stock sellers
2) do while sitting??? the seller of the stock buys a boat, for example.

If Walmart's market cap increases by ten billion dollars, where does the ten billion come from and what does it do while it is sitting in the market?

1+1=2
1) where?? it comes from stock buyers who pay it to stock sellers
2) do while sitting??? the seller of the stock buys a boat, for example.

If the market is increasing, more and more of the economy's "wealth" is tied in the equity markets and unavailable for use elsewhere. Yeah, it is pretty simple. Besides, the majority of seller's reinvest at least a portion of their earnings, again, capturing more of the economy's wealth.

If the market is increasing, more and more of the economy's "wealth" is tied in the equity markets and unavailable for use elsewhere. .

I already explained to you that if I buy stock the money goes from buyer to seller ( who might buy a boat with it) but it is not destroyed or tied up unavailable for use.

Forum List

Back