Let's do it again. Vote republican

Ideas, maybe; actions, hopefully.

Bush's problems were specifically his lack of actual conservative policies.

Conservatism is difficult to impliment in corrupt societies.

Just askin'.....since the conservative Tea Party movement has no foreign policy platform, where do the "conservatives" stand on forgeign policy? And about the police action in Afghanistan? New estimates state that the costs from the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions and occupations will eventaully cost this country between $6 and $7 TRILLION dollars. How do the proposed "tax cuts" that the GOP and "conservatives" call for pay for this?

Just askin'.....since the conservative Tea Party movement has no foreign policy platform, where do the "conservatives" stand on forgeign policy? And about the police action in Afghanistan? New estimates state that the costs from the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions and occupations will eventaully cost this country between $6 and $7 TRILLION dollars. How do the proposed "tax cuts" that the GOP and "conservatives" call for pay for this?

Same way they'd paid for the wars...by keeping them off budget and borrowing money from their masters in Communist China.

Same way they're been supporting their campaign attacks ads this cycle -- by accepting bribes from the Chinese communists.

You have to give credit to the RNC. It doesn't let ideology or nationalism get in the way of keeping their buddies in office.

They're very practical people.

This is an amazing hurrah of the Sixities Right that lost the culture war battles of the 50s and 60s.

This is an amazing hurrah of the Sixities Right that lost the culture war battles of the 50s and 60s.

Very perceptive observation, Jake.

The GOP intelligensia figured out how to tap into the enthusiasm of the reactionaries against the social liberations of the 60s (but really mostly all that happened in the 70s).

I mean if you read the comments posted by many self-proclaiming conservatives here on boards like this one, you see the same people who loath liberals and the Dem party are mostly very socially conservative.

Not that there are not fiscally conservative thinkers in the GOP, but they alone do not have the voter power to keep the GOP alive.

The excesses of liberalism of the 60s and 70s, and the arrogance of the DNC when they had total control over government created the NEW REPUBLICAN party.

This would be the party of Reaganista democrats, actually.

What America really seems to be working out is a SOCIAL CIVIL WAR, that both parties are glomming onto.

I say glomming onto because I don't really think the leadership of either party really gives a rats ass about the issues that Americans are at each other's thoats about.

But since these issues essentially cost the leaders of each party NOTHING to sign onto, they have surgically attacked themselves, each to the different SOCIAL MOVEMENTS that are tearing this nation apart.

Where I think the DNC made a tragic mistake was abandoning the BLUE CLLAR/GRAY collar WHITE MALE WORKING CLASS that formerly was the source of their voting power.

And if you were an adult male just starting out his career in the 70's as I was, and if you'd been screwed by affirmative action once or twice, you might truly understand what I mean when I say the LIBERALS became ARROGANT with their victories, too.

So the Dems lost the trust that the working classes once had in them.

Sure the Dems gain still more of the minority votes and they won still more the females votes, too.

But the Ds ALREADY HAD those voter blocks.

So their excesses drive a HUGE number of former Ds into the GOP camp.

And their continued excesses even in the 80s and 90's further alientate white men AND THEIR FAMILIES, too.

Idiots!

I warned 'em!

Wanna know what I got for sounding the alarm about this political mistake?

I got labeled a SEXIST AND A RACIST for pointing out that they were demanding that White MEN, people who were NOT well connected (like the limo liberals are) pay the price for the sexism and racism which those White males who had absolutely nothing to do with sexism or racism, and whose families had gained absolutely no benefit from either of those ISMs whatever.

You see...its terrible easy to be a LIBERAL when you're well off and the stupid fucking policies the Dems passed wouldn't be effecting you.

But for the tens of millions of White men who were treated like SHIT by and villuified the Dems and by the laws they passed (that were racist and sexist against WHITE MEN) WEll...where did the DNC expect them to turn?

DNC hubris created the NEW REPUBLICAN party, Jake.

Last edited:
That is very interesting, editec. You are absolutely correct about the sexist and racist demonization by the social minorities in the Dem party, which were and are heavily invested in the politics of social/cultural identity; the GOP has learned how to play that game as well with the social values folks.

If the Tea Party group believes the U.S. is going to be returned to the America of the early sixities, they will be woefully disappointed. Todays' twenty and thirty somethings have no more commitment to that world than they do to the social and cultural revolutions of the later sixties and seventies. They overwhelmingly reject the social values of the fifties, they believe in federally-regulated and limited abortion, and they are not thrilled about overseas interventions. They are trying to create their own society, not that of the fifties or the seventies.

What an amazing future our young Americans are entering.

Why does everyone assume they have to vote for a Republican or a Democrat?

Well, unless you're in Alaska this year you kinda do have to if you want your vote to count. I hope that changes and obviously so do you, but right now it's the political reality.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler?

yeah, cause the rightwingnuts 'big ideas' are sooooooooooooooo different from bush's.

:rofl:

Yeah, I mean, we had it sooooooooooooooooooooo bad under Bush!

US Unemployment Rate by Year

2001 4.76
2002 5.78
2003 5.99
2004 5.53
2005 5.08
2006 4.63
2007 4.61
2008 5.76
2009 9.26

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year

But liberals keep telling us Bush caused Obama to screw up the economy!

Think I'll vote back in Bush so he can screw over Obama some more!

And this is why you neg rep me hon. Because you don't have the brains to refute!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lets not forget his not being for the USA being the police force of the world and not into nation building.

And FDR was against us getting involved in WWII until Pearl Habor. What part of 9/11 did you miss?

So some country delcared war on us in 2001?

Or did a small group not officially affiliated with any governemnt perform a terrorist act?
I do not expect you to understand the difference though.

Wasn't FDR the Democrat in charge of giving Guatemalan mental patients sexually transmitted diseases without penicillin?

I think I'll pass on Democrats, and any discussion of FDR.

:)

Nope, no more in charge than Bush was in charge when detainees were tortured. Oh, wait a minute: yes, Bush did give authorization. However, FDR did not. TS, try again, please.

Lets not forget his not being for the USA being the police force of the world and not into nation building.

And FDR was against us getting involved in WWII until Pearl Habor. What part of 9/11 did you miss?

Or did a small group not officially affiliated with any governemnt perform a terrorist act?

Yeah, I understand the difference: MORE PEOPLE DIED ON 9/11 AND MOST WERE CIVILIANS!

Oh, but they weren't in "uniform" when they killed more people, so it doesn't count in your sick little world.

THIS IS YOUR TYPICAL LIBERAL! These are the kind of people in charge right now!

THINK ON THIS WHEN YOU GO TO VOTE!

Thanks, US, for your contribution to a conservative victory!

FDR was all for getting into the war but could not until Pearl Harbor happened.

Tea Party Samurai, you continually demonstrate just how uneducated you are about American history.

Yeah, I understand the difference: MORE PEOPLE DIED ON 9/11 AND MOST WERE CIVILIANS!

Oh, but they weren't in "uniform" when they killed more people, so it doesn't count in your sick little world.

THIS IS YOUR TYPICAL LIBERAL! These are the kind of people in charge right now!

THINK ON THIS WHEN YOU GO TO VOTE!

Thanks, US, for your contribution to a conservative victory!

It counts in my world and those responsible should have been punished, but we blew the rest of the worlds sympathy off with our arrogant march to war on Iraq. Which had squat to do with 911. We could have had more help in catching and punishing those responsible for 911 except for our arrogance. "You are either with us or for the terrorists".
I see you still hold that mentality dear.

FDR was all for getting into the war but could not until Pearl Harbor happened.

Tea Party Samurai, you continually demonstrate just how uneducated you are about American history.

TPS, FDR had nothing to do with "Lend Lease"?
Yep FDR was trying his best to get us into the war.

Wasn't FDR the Democrat in charge of giving Guatemalan mental patients sexually transmitted diseases without penicillin?

I think I'll pass on Democrats, and any discussion of FDR.

:)

and who sterilized young black women and gave STD and TB to black man to see how they would respond to meds?

Forum List

Back