Let's discuss why liberals always avoid the subject of non white slave owners.

I love it when partisan idiots try and dictate what their political opponents think. They are usually dead wrong. This OP is a prime example.

It's the same crowd who say that blacks should be thankful for slavery because it enabled them to come to America!

Yeah, they should be grateful that they were ripped out of their homes, away from their family, lost their culture, their language - everything.

There's plenty of blame to be spread around but as usual, the OP is looking to troll the left instead of discuss reality.
What ancestor of black slaves were ripped out of their homes?
They are so stupid that they think Europeans showed up to Africa and kidnapped millions of them.

They actually think that is how the Trans Atlantic slave trade happened.

Yes, they are that stupid.
I really don't believe them to be "that stupid." I believe they are disingenuous.

Myth #1: There were Irish slaves in the American colonies.
Myth #2: The South seceded from the Union over the issue of states’ rights, not slavery.
Myth #3: Only a small percentage of Southerners owned slaves.
Myth #4: The Union went to war to end slavery.
Myth #5: Black soldiers—slave and free—fought for the Confederacy.

5 Myths About Slavery

=============

more later
Interesting that number 1 she says there were none then went on to say there were only it was not hereditary. The rest I didn't bother with, being a blog and all.

Indentured servitude was a labor system whereby young people paid for their passage to the New World by working for an employer for a certain number of years. It was widely employed in the 18th century in the British colonies in North America and elsewhere. It was especially used as a way for poor youth in Britain and the German states to get passage to the American colonies.

Indentured servitude was not slavery.
Not a whole lot of difference

Did Black People Own Slaves?
Henry Louis Gates Jr.

One of the most vexing questions in African-American history is whether free African Americans themselves owned slaves. The short answer to this question, as you might suspect, is yes, of course; some free black people in this country bought and sold other black people, and did so at least since 1654, continuing to do so right through the Civil War. For me, the really fascinating questions about black slave-owning are how many black "masters" were involved, how many slaves did they own and why did they own slaves?

The answers to these questions are complex, and historians have been arguing for some time over whether free blacks purchased family members as slaves in order to protect them — motivated, on the one hand, by benevolence and philanthropy, as historian Carter G. Woodson put it, or whether, on the other hand, they purchased other black people "as an act of exploitation," primarily to exploit their free labor for profit, just as white slave owners did. The evidence shows that, unfortunately, both things are true.

http://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436
Whenever I hear, the answers are complex I know for a fact I am being bull shyted.

Lol!!!

In 1830 there were 3,775 free black people who owned 12,740 black slaves.

Approximately true, according to historian R. Halliburton Jr.:

There were approximately 319,599 free blacks in the United States in 1830. Approximately 13.7 per cent of the total black population was free. A significant number of these free blacks were the owners of slaves. The census of 1830 lists 3,775 free Negroes who owned a total of 12,760 slaves.

FACT CHECK: 9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

325px-Cherokee_Confederates_Reunion.gif

Native American tribes, fighting with the confederacy and owned slaves.

Lol....

They are ridiculous folks. Here they are avoiding the issue by denying it.

Then luddley wants proof.

Back on ignore you ignorant ass.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/18208969/
http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/18208969/
Back on ignore you ignorant ass

===

I love it when partisan idiots try and dictate what their political opponents think. They are usually dead wrong. This OP is a prime example.

It's the same crowd who say that blacks should be thankful for slavery because it enabled them to come to America!

Yeah, they should be grateful that they were ripped out of their homes, away from their family, lost their culture, their language - everything.

There's plenty of blame to be spread around but as usual, the OP is looking to troll the left instead of discuss reality.

Is there any way to quantify that?

If you look at their history, its pretty much "all".

Its horrifying..
Lol!!!

There were approximately 319,599 free blacks in the United States in 1830. Approximately 13.7 per cent of the total black population was free. A significant number of these free blacks were the owners of slaves. The census of 1830 lists 3,775 free Negroes who owned a total of 12,760 slaves.

Lol....

===

Its horrifying.

Back on ignore? More like hide like a coward when someone posts something you can't refute.

Brain dead RWNJs Conservative65 and jon_berzerk both agree with me and don't even know it.

You guys really need to educate yourselves.

Lol!!!

Lol....

===

Its horrifying..
Lol!!!

Lol....

===

Its horrifying.

Back on ignore? More like hide like a coward when someone posts something you can't refute.

Brain dead RWNJs Conservative65 and jon_berzerk both agree with me and don't even know it.

You guys really need to educate yourselves.

fuck you troll

It truly is about the threat to the leftist/globalists/American hating agenda.

The word is agenda...

The key is to understand the goal and then you will see why certain aspects of history are ignored or completely written out.

Nothing new really. Genererations have heard about the unrighteousness of "the crusades." During the height of the Reformation that was how it was taught. The term "Roman" Catholic was used as a derogatory term. The Apostles Creed has catholic and apostolic church and that became a problem in the Reformation. So, they clarifled and added the term "Roman" to it distinguish it from catholic.

There is a long history of rewritng. Scary to think how we have all been duped.

You are, of course, correct......they as always are in willful denial
While believing they are oh so smart. Have they addressed the facts of Native American tribes who owned slaves and fought with the confederacy?

Or...

Are they calling me racist in their twisted logic for pointing out those facts?

I have most on ignore for a reason.

Here's what your fellow RWNJ thinks about putting liberals on ignore.

I've never put anyone on ignore.

I can't find where you posted proof that "liberals always avoid the subject of non-white slave owners". Would you mind posting a link to that proof? Thanks.

Yeap, they are so stupid, that they believe there was ever a such thing as non white slave owners.

This hopeless hack apparently does not know how to research things on his own.

He, is Joe B everyone. Probably the biggest pathetic left wing marxist pile of crap on this site.

He obviously has no clue how many Native American tribes fought for the confederacy and owned slaves. He thinks I am lying.

No, I just don't care... that's the thing you don't get.

NONE OF IT MATTERS!!!!

What does matter is that we had slavery in this country by rich white people who tried to destroy the union rather than end it.

They need their statues torn down and their names blackened in the history books.

New Topics

Forum List

Back