Let's discuss why liberals always avoid the subject of non white slave owners.

Is it because they truly believe there was no such thing as minorities owning slaves, like Native Americans or.....Blacks?

We all already know they don't believe there was ever a such thing as a white slave trade. Of course there were close 1.5 million European slaves traded on the Barbary coast during the Trans Atlantic slave trade.

I know, I know that was not this country. So, doesn't really count. We know why that subject is not taught in America though, don't we?

So, is the reason they avoid those subjects related to why the mass media down plays black on black crime? Is it because those subjects get in the way of the left wing AGENDA?

DO you think the left are so stupid that they think those facts I brought up are not true?

because it hurts their tiny little noggins too much

I love it when partisan idiots try and dictate what their political opponents think. They are usually dead wrong. This OP is a prime example.

It's the same crowd who say that blacks should be thankful for slavery because it enabled them to come to America!
It's their ancestors who should be happy. And if not then the world is a big place.

Goddam, see what I mean.

I guess then Jews should be happy for the Holocaust, because it's what led to the formation of the state of Israel.
Note, Obama called the USA the greatest country on Earth. Africa, for example, not so much. I would much rather live in the US then anywhere else in the world. And I am thankful for my ancestors for coming to this country by any means that they did.

I am sorry you hate your life so much you don't realize how good your really got it.

Did Black People Own Slaves?
Henry Louis Gates Jr.

One of the most vexing questions in African-American history is whether free African Americans themselves owned slaves. The short answer to this question, as you might suspect, is yes, of course; some free black people in this country bought and sold other black people, and did so at least since 1654, continuing to do so right through the Civil War. For me, the really fascinating questions about black slave-owning are how many black "masters" were involved, how many slaves did they own and why did they own slaves?

The answers to these questions are complex, and historians have been arguing for some time over whether free blacks purchased family members as slaves in order to protect them — motivated, on the one hand, by benevolence and philanthropy, as historian Carter G. Woodson put it, or whether, on the other hand, they purchased other black people "as an act of exploitation," primarily to exploit their free labor for profit, just as white slave owners did. The evidence shows that, unfortunately, both things are true.

http://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436

Myth #1: There were Irish slaves in the American colonies.
Myth #2: The South seceded from the Union over the issue of states’ rights, not slavery.
Myth #3: Only a small percentage of Southerners owned slaves.
Myth #4: The Union went to war to end slavery.
Myth #5: Black soldiers—slave and free—fought for the Confederacy.

5 Myths About Slavery

=============

more later
Interesting that number 1 she says there were none then went on to say there were only it was not hereditary. The rest I didn't bother with, being a blog and all.

Indentured servitude was a labor system whereby young people paid for their passage to the New World by working for an employer for a certain number of years. It was widely employed in the 18th century in the British colonies in North America and elsewhere. It was especially used as a way for poor youth in Britain and the German states to get passage to the American colonies.

I love it when partisan idiots try and dictate what their political opponents think. They are usually dead wrong. This OP is a prime example.

It's the same crowd who say that blacks should be thankful for slavery because it enabled them to come to America!

Yeah, they should be grateful that they were ripped out of their homes, away from their family, lost their culture, their language - everything.

There's plenty of blame to be spread around but as usual, the OP is looking to troll the left instead of discuss reality.

Is it because they truly believe there was no such thing as minorities owning slaves, like Native Americans or.....Blacks?

We all already know they don't believe there was ever a such thing as a white slave trade. Of course there were close 1.5 million European slaves traded on the Barbary coast during the Trans Atlantic slave trade.

I know, I know that was not this country. So, doesn't really count. We know why that subject is not taught in America though, don't we?

So, is the reason they avoid those subjects related to why the mass media down plays black on black crime? Is it because those subjects get in the way of the left wing AGENDA?

DO you think the left are so stupid that they think those facts I brought up are not true?
How many were there?

Lol!!!

In 1830 there were 3,775 free black people who owned 12,740 black slaves.

Approximately true, according to historian R. Halliburton Jr.:

There were approximately 319,599 free blacks in the United States in 1830. Approximately 13.7 per cent of the total black population was free. A significant number of these free blacks were the owners of slaves. The census of 1830 lists 3,775 free Negroes who owned a total of 12,760 slaves.

FACT CHECK: 9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

325px-Cherokee_Confederates_Reunion.gif

Native American tribes, fighting with the confederacy and owned slaves.

Lol....

They are ridiculous folks. Here they are avoiding the issue by denying it.

Then luddley wants proof.

Back on ignore you ignorant ass.

Yeah, they should be grateful that they were ripped out of their homes, away from their family, lost their culture, their language - everything.

There's plenty of blame to be spread around but as usual, the OP is looking to troll the left instead of discuss reality.
What ancestor of black slaves were ripped out of their homes?

They are so stupid that they think Europeans showed up to Africa and kidnapped millions of them.

They actually think that is how the Trans Atlantic slave trade happened.

Yes, they are that stupid.

Lol!!!

There were approximately 319,599 free blacks in the United States in 1830. Approximately 13.7 per cent of the total black population was free. A significant number of these free blacks were the owners of slaves. The census of 1830 lists 3,775 free Negroes who owned a total of 12,760 slaves.

Lol....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/18208969/
http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/18208969/
Back on ignore you ignorant ass

===

Is there any way to quantify that?

If you look at their history, its pretty much "all".

Its horrifying.

The real problem in any thread that tries to address this subject is that you have a virtually unlimited supply of entitlement minded failures in society that are more than willing to ignore reality and instead believe that they are victims today even though their claim is a distant wrong done at some point in history hundreds of years ago.

Truth is, they are victims of themselves period. No excuses. But that reality is too painful for their small minds / huge egos to digest.

So the incessant whining and blaming goes on and on and on and on.......

Lol!!!

Lol....

Back on ignore you ignorant ass

===

Is there any way to quantify that?

If you look at their history, its pretty much "all".

Its horrifying.

Back on ignore? More like hide like a coward when someone posts something you can't refute.

The real problem in any thread that tries to address this subject is that you have a virtually unlimited supply of entitlement minded failures in society that are more than willing to ignore reality and instead believe that they are victims today even though their claim is a distant wrong done at some point in history hundreds of years ago.

Truth is, they are victims of themselves period. No excuses. But that reality is too painful for their small minds / huge egos to digest.

So the incessant whining and blaming goes on and on and on and on.......
It truly is about the threat to the leftist/globalists/American hating agenda.

The word is agenda...

The key is to understand the goal and then you will see why certain aspects of history are ignored or completely written out.

Nothing new really. Genererations have heard about the unrighteousness of "the crusades." During the height of the Reformation that was how it was taught. The term "Roman" Catholic was used as a derogatory term. The Apostles Creed has catholic and apostolic church and that became a problem in the Reformation. So, they clarifled and added the term "Roman" to it distinguish it from catholic.

There is a long history of rewritng. Scary to think how we have all been duped.

The word is agenda...

The key is to understand the goal and then you will see why certain aspects of history are ignored or completely written out.

Nothing new really. Genererations have heard about the unrighteousness of "the crusades." During the height of the Reformation that was how it was taught. The term "Roman" Catholic was used as a derogatory term. The Apostles Creed has catholic and apostolic church and that became a problem in the Reformation. So, they clarifled and added the term "Roman" to it distinguish it from catholic.

You are, of course, correct......they as always are in willful denial

The word is agenda...

You are, of course, correct......they as always are in willful denial
While believing they are oh so smart. Have they addressed the facts of Native American tribes who owned slaves and fought with the confederacy?

Or...

Are they calling me racist in their twisted logic for pointing out those facts?

I have most on ignore for a reason.

Myth #1: There were Irish slaves in the American colonies.
Myth #2: The South seceded from the Union over the issue of states’ rights, not slavery.
Myth #3: Only a small percentage of Southerners owned slaves.
Myth #4: The Union went to war to end slavery.
Myth #5: Black soldiers—slave and free—fought for the Confederacy.

5 Myths About Slavery

=============

more later
Interesting that number 1 she says there were none then went on to say there were only it was not hereditary. The rest I didn't bother with, being a blog and all.

Indentured servitude was a labor system whereby young people paid for their passage to the New World by working for an employer for a certain number of years. It was widely employed in the 18th century in the British colonies in North America and elsewhere. It was especially used as a way for poor youth in Britain and the German states to get passage to the American colonies.

Indentured servitude was not slavery.

Forum List

Back