Let’s define crisis and emergency...When would you want political intervention?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BrokeLoser, Jan 12, 2019.

1. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,545
    I’ll let you provide some official numbers on how many people get through. I did see where the BP claims 81% success rates in apprehensions.

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 5.27.06 PM.png
    Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

So if 400,000 is 4 of every 5; that would mean its about 100k or so are getting through.

I’ll be happy to see your statistics and your sourcing if not the CBP…after all they are the boots on the ground.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,545
    According to CBP, they claim an 81% success rate so that would mean about 100k get through the southern border per year.

As for your racial slurs…you really sound stupid.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,545
    The reason you sound stupid…is because you are stupid.

At any rate, we’re lightyears away from historical highs so calling these far-reduced numbers a “crisis” is simply dishonest. Which is why supporters of the blob embrace it so tightly.

4. BrokeLoser

BrokeLoser Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,291
    Meanwhile, on Trumps watch, America is better by every metric that matters.....hahaha...over here in the real world outside of LibTardia, 30 states, 2,623 counties and everybody not an illegal, barely legal, fudge packer, criminal, man in a dress, Feminazi, bottom feeding degenerate lowlife, White hating wack-job continue to celebrate the Trump presidency...hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,354
    Frankly, I would be amazed at an 81% rate. that is 4 of every 5 attempts. The truth is likely closer to 1 in 10. I would consider it a victory if it was 1 in 4.

Which means that when 1.4 million were getting arrested, then it was closer to 1.6m and at the current rate of what? 300k? That means the actual number of people making it into the US is 360k.

A crisis would be if 10k were able to enter, we're talking about numbers nearing a half million at a time when it is supposedly the lowest ever.

Sorry, but as I said, the 'number arrested" is just so much fluff and nothing but a talking point trying to minimalize a real problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,545
    Okay…where are your stats. I showed you what CBP says…. What are you basing your 90% failure rate on?

As for the “crisis” of 10,000…it’s crap. Lets say that your highly questionable 90% failure rate is correct. That would mean that when we were apprehending 1 million, another 9 million were entering; right? With me so far?

During the 9M entering for decades during the 80’s and 90’s and early outs….our economy expanded greatly, we had (during the 1990’s) a decade of peace and prosperity, violent crime in the US has been on a decline for about the same time period. These are all macro-statistics that are buttressed by every reputable source. Hell, the NRA will even vouch for the reduced violent crime rate.

Again…where is the “crisis”?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Old Yeller

Old Yeller Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,397
    Brown-Newsome-Cuomo are on TV broadcasting free healthcare and sanctuary recently. Doing the obammy welcome mat dance again.

They know a wall is coming. Get all you can now to overwhelm the system. Make Trump look bad and get more GOVT in place to care for the brown horde.

Hence the rise To 60K in last two months. They dont fool any smart people.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,354
    So, let's start with your so-called statistics. The link you posted even admits that they don't know. When it says, "Tries to estimate" what they are saying is that they are taking a guess at it. In addition to that, there are roughly 1300 miles of the border that has next to no barrier, is rarely patrolled, and has nearly no surveillance. As I said, I would be AMAZED that they caught 4 out of every 5 attempts to cross the border.

The 1990s was when the Democrats reneged on their promise to build border security and gave amnesty to nearly 3 million illegals. None of which is actually a causation fo good economic activity. Our economy was going through the Dot Com bubble and illegal immigration was not the cause of increased economic expansion.

The truth is, if we allow even 10k illegals a year into this country, we are doing damage to local economies, and to our republic in the form of stress on the social safety net as well as the burden on open and fair representation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,545
    Well….at least it’s based on something. Your “stat” is based on what? But lets say it is 3 out of 5; that would be 200,000. Still no where near the “crisis” levels that would have been back in the 80s, 90s, etc…

Again..show us your objective sources.

Just to review; if we go with your highly questionable 90% allowance rate, that would mean millions came across during the 80’s 90’s early auts. Every year. Regardless for the cause for expansion….the “millions” who came in every year didn’t seem to injure the expansion much.

Ridiculous.

We’ve had the situation on the border since the 1960’s or so. From every reputable source, entries are at a low point. There has been little real damage to those safety nets or “open and fair representation”. It’s much like you guys having a cow over the Syrian refugees that were going to take in.

Search Results for Query: syrian refugees | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

What ever happened to the supposed calamity it would cause?

This is the same song, different verse.

That wasn’t much of a crisis…neither is this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tax Man

Tax Man Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,819
    There is no emergency or crisis in regards to the border. The only crisis is in the minds of the intellectually challenged. 90% of the illegals arrive on a plane with a green card. 87% of drugs come in by truck or boat in legal shipments of goods.

• Funny Funny x 2