Let's Cook Thanksgiving Dinner!!!!

Okay, was in a discussion with a friend just now who is looking for a dynamite side dish for Thanksgiving dinner.

I myself want some really gorgeous beautiful fruit side dish suitable for a crowd.

Who can help us out?

Currently my menu is:

Roast Turkey
Dressing
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Corn Casserole

Assorted pies

(I'm feeding a crowd)

Green Bean Casserole is so passe, and who wants Sweet Potato Casserole and then Pumkin Pie? Not me.
How's this for a change:

Stuffed Peppers: Anaheim Pepper stuffed with mushrooms (diced), chorizo (I use a vegetarian chorizo), monterey jack (grated), onion (diced), bread crumbs, and an egg. Prepare and saute in garlic olive oil all of above, add cheese when off the heat. Prepare peppers by rinsing, cutting a slit, and removing veins and seeds. Fill peppers and bake for 35 minutes at 350. Axe the Green Bean bake.

Axe the Sweet Potato Casserole and provide one large Idaho potato for each two guests. Bake the potato's and cool. Cut in half, and remove 'meat', and put in mixing bowl. Add sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese and diced green onion (crispy bacon crumbled if desired). Fill each potato half, high, and garnish with papirika, for color.
Bake with the peppers, 35 minutes at 350.

Both can be done the day before and reheated. You can have great sides and a couple of cocktails too!!

Sounds great but more work that I want to do. I'm looking for TERRIFIC coupled with EASY and as little fuss, muss, and bother as possible here. :) I have so many Hispanics and Italians in my family, that many of our holiday family dinners are totally non traditional and your chorizo dish would be a great hit. Pinto beans, posole, pasta, enchiladas, and chili are normal fare.

The group I have coming though are all traditionalists and would be disappointed not to have mostly traditional fare. At least three of them won't eat anything too adventurous. :)

I understand. For the traditionalists I suggest rolls and butter. Try the peppers and potato's in the future, both are hits at our home.

Okay, was in a discussion with a friend just now who is looking for a dynamite side dish for Thanksgiving dinner.

I myself want some really gorgeous beautiful fruit side dish suitable for a crowd.

Who can help us out?

Currently my menu is:

Roast Turkey
Dressing
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Corn Casserole

Assorted pies

(I'm feeding a crowd)

So what did you end up making Foxfyre?

Who can help us out?

Currently my menu is:

Roast Turkey
Dressing
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Corn Casserole

Assorted pies

(I'm feeding a crowd)

So what did you end up making Foxfyre?

I added a strawberry gelatin salad and cranberry sauce garnish and rolls to the above menu and that was it.

After cooking my turkey in the Nesco this year, I'm totally convinced that's the ONLY way to cook a bird. I've never had such a JUICY turkey. It didn't take that long either, and it was so easy. Plus you could lift the bird out with the sturdy, provided wire tray. I'd recommend a Nesco to anyone.

Forum List

Back