Let's compare coverage: China Vs. Israel

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
Isn't it so very interesting how little coverage the chinese slaughter of muslim Uighurs in Western china is getting as compared to every action israel takes that results in an arab fatality.

So far the chinese have killed approximately 200 people - none of them combatants, yet in the January gaza war, israel has something like an 85% or higher combatant kill ratio, the media and other organizations were screaming "war crimes!" - as was the UN/ NGO,s etc.

The lack of coverage in this chinese affair is startling, and if i was a muslim i would be asking why are pal arab lives worth more than those of muslims elsewhere...

or is there an agenda by the world's media to keep the hot spotlight on israel and its every move?

So much for the other famous lie, that jews own the media.... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Isn't it so very interesting how little coverage the chinese slaughter of muslim Uighurs in Western china is getting as compared to every action israel takes that results in an arab fatality.

So far the chinese have killed approximately 200 people - none of them combatants, yet in the January gaza war, israel has something like an 85% or higher combatant kill ratio, the media and other organizations were screaming "war crimes!" - as was the UN/ NGO,s etc.

The lack of coverage in this chinese affair is startling, and if i was a muslim i would be asking why are pal arab lives worth more than those of muslims elsewhere...

or is there an agenda by the world's media to keep the hot spotlight on israel and its every move?

Except that it seems like its not really a slaughter by the government. But don't let little things like "facts" distract you from your opinions

Except that it seems like its not really a slaughter by the government. But don't let little things like "facts" distract you from your opinions
Would you concede to a term like "bloodletting?"

In China they're putting down protests, in Israel they were conducting war. War gets more coverage.

And dude, seriously, what the fuck. Israeli action in gaza killed over 1400 Palestinians in 2 weeks. Over 400 were women and children. 85% combatant kill ratio? Where the fuck did you get that from? EVEN the IDF admits that only 700 of those were militants. Israeli civilians killed? 3. It was a massacre.

this dude is one tube of greasepaint and a rainbow wig away from dancing around this forum like a clown.

i think he is doing the e-equivalent of going into the middle of a crowded market place, climbing a pedestal, then vomiting all over himself and shitting and pissing his pants. after these accomplishments he demands that everyone is looking at him and tells him how great he is. after failure he leaves the pedestal then mounts another elevated point and tries it again. i wonder where he gets all the shit, vomit and piss. his supply seems inexhaustible

• Banned
In China they're putting down protests, in Israel they were conducting war. War gets more coverage.

Hilarious, and so willing to prostrate, contort and embarrass yourself like the other leftist nicky above: because its called a "war" then the reporters will run to it - BUT - if its just an "insurrection", then its less "newsworthy"? You are truly fucking hilarious.

So then the next Israel can kill 1 million pals and call it "an internal matter" and then the press are not going to be interested? WTF are you kidding?

If a jew spits and it lands on an arab, half the world's media will come running with cameras and microphones in tow. Shoot the arabs screeched "the jews did it" when the al-durra 12 year old killing (later proven to be staged as he was indeed murdered by hamas) and the world media was intense for days.At this point, only an outright moron would try to claim that there is not an obscene coverage imbalance between israel and other nations.

You want the truth kid?

The left won't come after China and other 3rd-world holes because they are either ideologically in bed with these countries, or know that if they formed a protesting organization and tried to get in and protest inside china, they would either get their a$$es smashed or killed,

But the leftist orgs and their poodles in the media and college campuses know that the jews are decent, adhere to human rights laws, and won't kill them for protesting.

See how the gaza ship with cynthia mckinney was treated this week? All were held, fed well, and then released. Not so in china, russia, africa, etc. They'd be cow fertilizer by now...

Hilarious, and so willing to prostrate, contort and embarrass yourself like the other leftist nicky above: because its called a "war" then the reporters will run to it - BUT - if its just an "insurrection", then its less "newsworthy"? You are truly fucking hilarious.

You are a retard, dude. I'm sorry, but you are truly pathetic. All I was saying is that a 2 week war will get more coverage than protest-crushing. Not that it should. China is just as unjustified in killing 200 protesters as Honduras is of killing 1, as Iran is of killing 150, or as ISRAEL is of killing 700 innocent people in a land IT HAS NO CLAIM TO.

Go suck a dick, asshole.

Since you started the name calling and insults, I will respond in kind:

You are a retard, dude.

Look in the mirror douchebag. To think I spent 20 years of my life so that ***** like you could be protected makes me sick...

I'm sorry, but you are truly pathetic. All I was saying is that a 2 week war will get more coverage than protest-crushing.

This "protest-crushing" has gone on for decades, if you knew anything about the issue, moron.

And the Burma conflict raged for weeks, and also got no coverage.

Fuckbag libs like you just lack the courage, character, integrity and honesty to admit that conflicts where jews are the perceived oppressor will garner infinitely more media attention. Just as the massive, decades-long Darfur massacre - yes, that's what a REAL massacre looks like, not the leftist/media-manufactured Gaza war - has gotten minimal attention from the press/UN/Arab league, etc, etc., but you lack the intelligence to admit it.

or as ISRAEL is of killing 700 innocent people in a land IT HAS NO CLAIM TO.

You are a fucking zero, a complete POS. Israel does NOT claim Gaza to be its own land, u turd, it left Gaza years before. Only an ass like you - someone as unbearably stupid as you are - would try to sidestep the FACT of thousands of rockets fired into civilian areas from Gaza, and think they could get away with it. Fuck you.

Look in the mirror douchebag. To think I spent 20 years of my life so that ***** like you could be protected makes me sick...

What the fuck does that mean? You've spent ZERO years of your life "protecting me." Protecting me from who, douchebag? I don't need your "protection". Are you saying you spent 20 years as some gringo soldier? If I need protection from anyone IT'S YOU BUDDY! :lol:

This "protest-crushing" has gone on for decades, if you knew anything about the issue, moron.

Uh, I know that. I've been following this protest, as I was following last year's in Tibet. Too young to have followed ALL the prior ones, but I'm well informed on them. I've seen plenty of coverage. Maybe you're watching the wrong channels? There's plenty of coverage if you just open google every now and again. You're just pissed because I'm on the other side of the fence on the Israel-Palestine issue, and that anger makes you act like a rabid idiot. :cuckoo:

And the Burma conflict raged for weeks, and also got no coverage.

Yeah, followed that one intensively too. Sorry, what are you trying to say? The BBC was all over this 2 years ago. The Economist was running issues on it for weeks.

Fuckbag libs like you just lack the courage, character, integrity and honesty to admit that conflicts where jews are the perceived oppressor will garner infinitely more media attention. Just as the massive, decades-long Darfur massacre - yes, that's what a REAL massacre looks like, not the leftist/media-manufactured Gaza war - has gotten minimal attention from the press/UN/Arab league, etc, etc., but you lack the intelligence to admit it.

Dude, you're just nuts. I know all about Darfur, Burma, China, anywhere you want to take this. The fact is that the Chinese government is an oppressive government. Nobody's trying to hide that. It is YOU who lack the intellectual honesty to admit that what China does in Tibet or Western China is little different than what Israel does to the Palestinians, jackass. "Media manufactured war in Gaza"? See? You're the one claiming "OH THE LEFTISTS!!" "OH THE LIBERALS!!" You will NEVER find me ignoring attrocities anywhere they are committed. YOU are the one that is being a hypocrite. "Media manufacture war in Gaza," now that's rich. Are you saying there WAS no war in Gaza? It's all a big joke? Well, then Haaretz and the Jerusalem Post and the IDF must be playing with my head. AHAHAHAHA, dude you are seriously SAD. Plain SAD.

You are a fucking zero, a complete POS. Israel does NOT claim Gaza to be its own land, u turd, it left Gaza years before. Only an ass like you - someone as unbearably stupid as you are - would try to sidestep the FACT of thousands of rockets fired into civilian areas from Gaza, and think they could get away with it. Fuck you.

Yeah, Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2005. I know that. And I don't sidestep the rockets either. I know thousands of rockets get fired from Gaza into Israel, and I condemn that. I think it's horrible, and attrocious and I truly wish they would stop. BUT HEY!!!! .... I dunno, have you been under brutal occupation for 42 years? Speaking of that, can you tell me when the first rocket was ever fired from Palestine into Israel? Got any clue? Oh yeah, I know... it was in 2002. DId you read that? 2002?! 35 years into the Occupation? Well, who's sidestepping now, bitch? Wanna know more about sidestepping? How about the ILLEGAL blockade of Gaza that continues on THROUGH TODAY?

Yeah, fuck YOU.

China gets a pass because China is making some Americans (the only ones who really count) very wealthy.

You're just pissed because I'm on the other side of the fence on the Israel-Palestine issue, and that anger makes you act like a rabid idiot. :cuckoo:

999 times out of a 1,000, the people supporting the arab muslims are either: arab muslim, or really young, and been brainwashed by parents, leftist HS/college teachers, etc. When they get older, and inevitably learn the backstory of the conflict, they begin to switch sides - like me.

Yeah, followed that one intensively too. Sorry, what are you trying to say? The BBC was all over this 2 years ago. The Economist was running issues on it for weeks.

There is no comparison, kid - the intensity of the media coverage of the gaza campaign vs. these other events is like comparing a firecracker to Little Boy.

I know all about Darfur, Burma, China, anywhere you want to take this. The fact is that the Chinese government is an oppressive government. Nobody's trying to hide that. It is YOU who lack the intellectual honesty to admit that what China does in Tibet or Western China is little different than what Israel does to the Palestinians, jackass.

And this is EXACTLY how I can tell you've been brainwashed - the Uighers and Tibetans are not trying to destroy China and kill as many Han chinese as possible - the pal arabs are trying to destroy israel, and kill as many jews in the process as possible. Get it?

"Media manufactured war in Gaza"? See? You're the one claiming "OH THE LEFTISTS!!" "OH THE LIBERALS!!" You will NEVER find me ignoring attrocities anywhere they are committed. YOU are the one that is being a hypocrite.

My point was not to focus on you personally and entirely, but towards the leftist media as a whole, the UN, NGOs, etc., are making nowhere near the noise right now over these other events - but when things ratchet up in israel, whoo hee, watch out - all of those fucking assholes cannot scream loud enough about IDF "atrocities." There is no balance whatsoever.

"Media manufacture war in Gaza," now that's rich. Are you saying there WAS no war in Gaza? It's all a big joke?

After 10,000 rockets were fired, yes there was a war. Fuck, most humans would say: "you fire one rocket into my neighborhood, and your life is over." The problem is that unlike the Chinese - the israelis show TOO MUCH restraint. If they would just ass-fuck the arabs THE SECOND they fire a moretar/rocket, it would stop. Then again, it is in iran (er i mean hamas') best interest to keep the pal arabs suffering...

Yeah, Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2005. I know that. And I don't sidestep the rockets either. I know thousands of rockets get fired from Gaza into Israel, and I condemn that. I think it's horrible, and attrocious and I truly wish they would stop.

Gee, thanks for your concern, you can go back to your TV movie and popcorn now...

BUT HEY!!!! .... I dunno, have you been under brutal occupation for 42 years?

Once again, this is where your brainwashing by bad teachers has come in: are you aware that BEFORE the occupation began in 1967, there were MORE terrorist attacks than after?

The gaza and lebanese pullouts and subsequent violence should have proven to all but the most idiotic or ideological that this is not a conflict over land...

Speaking of that, can you tell me when the first rocket was ever fired from Palestine into Israel? Got any clue? Oh yeah, I know... it was in

It was back in the 1960s actually, when Syria was firing mortars into outer jerusalem. In the 1970s, the PLO was firing rockets and mortars into N Israel as well...

Well, who's sidestepping now, bitch? Wanna know more about sidestepping? How about the ILLEGAL blockade of Gaza that continues on THROUGH TODAY?

"Illegal"? What is illegal about it?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, Rhodes, I'm not going through the motions today. In fact I'll agree with you: The Chinese Riots AREN'T getting enough coverage. Try as it may, I can't fine a minute of TV coverage on anything that is going on in China today, but I've read in print sources the casualties are taking big jumps, and the injured are around 800. The Army is apparently stepping in, too.

I'm sorry, Rhodes, I'm not going through the motions today. In fact I'll agree with you: The Chinese Riots AREN'T getting enough coverage. Try as it may, I can't fine a minute of TV coverage on anything that is going on in China today, but I've read in print sources the casualties are taking big jumps, and the injured are around 800. The Army is apparently stepping in, too.

In case you are interested, there's a good read here in the WSJ:

The Real Story of the Uighur Riots - WSJ.com

JULY 8, 2009
The Real Story of the Uighur Riots
Heavy-handed police tactics by the Chinese turned a peaceful assembly into a bloodbath.
By REBIYA KADEER

When the Chinese government looks back on its handling of the unrest in Urumqi and East Turkestan this week, it will most likely tell the world that it acted in the interests of maintaining stability. It will most likely forget to explain why thousands of Uighurs risked everything to speak out against injustice, or why hundreds of Uighurs are now dead for exercising their right to protest.

On Sunday, students organized a protest in the Döng Körük (Erdaoqiao) area of Urumqi. They wished to express discontent with the Chinese authorities' inaction on the mob killing and beating of Uighurs at a toy factory in Shaoguan in China's southern Guangdong province and to express sympathy with the families of those killed and injured.

A peaceful assembly turned violent as some elements of the crowd reacted to heavy-handed policing. I unequivocally condemn the use of violence by Uighurs during the demonstration as much as I do China's use of excessive force against protestors.

Wang Lequan, party secretary of the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, has blamed me for the unrest. However, it is years of Chinese repression of Uighurs -- topped by further confirmation that Chinese officials have no interest in observing the rule of law -- that is the cause of the current Uighur discontent.

China's brutal reaction to Sunday's protest will only reinforce these views. Uighur sources within East Turkestan say 400 Uighurs in Urumqi have died as a result of police shootings and beatings. There is no accurate figure for the number of injured.

A curfew has been imposed, telephone lines are down, and the city remains tense. Uighurs have contacted me to report that the Chinese authorities are conducting a house-to-house search of Uighur homes and are arresting male Uighurs. They say that Uighurs are afraid to walk the streets in the capital of their homeland.

The unrest is spreading. The cities of Kashgar, Yarkand, Aksu, Khotan and Karamay may have also seen unrest, though it's hard to tell, given China's state-run propaganda. Kashgar has been the worst effected of these cities and unconfirmed reports state that over 100 Uighurs have been killed there. Troops have entered Kashgar, and sources in the city say that two Chinese soldiers have been posted to each Uighur house.

The recent Uighur repression has taken on a racial tone. The Chinese government is known for encouraging a nationalistic streak among Han Chinese as it seeks to replace the bankrupt communist ideology it used to promote. This nationalism was in evidence as the Han Chinese mob attacked Uighur workers in Shaoguan.

This official encouragement of reactionary nationalism among Han Chinese makes the path forward very difficult. The World Uighur Congress that I head, much like the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan movement, advocates peaceful establishment of self-determination with genuine respect for human rights and democracy. Han Chinese and Uighurs need to achieve a dialogue based on trust, mutual respect and equality. Under present Chinese government policies, this is not possible.

To rectify the deteriorating situation in East Turkestan, the Chinese government must first properly investigate the Shaoguan killings and bring those responsible for the killing of Uighurs to justice. An independent and open inquiry into the Urumqi unrest also needs to be conducted so that Han Chinese and Uighurs can understand the reasons for Sunday's events and seek ways to establish understanding.

The United States has a key role to play in this process. It has always spoken out on behalf of the oppressed; this is why it has been been a leader in presenting the Uighur case to the Chinese government. At this critical juncture, the U.S. must condemn the violence in Urumqi and establish a consulate in Urumqi. A consulate can act as a beacon of freedom in an environment of fierce repression and monitor the daily human-rights abuses perpetrated against the Uighurs.

As I write this piece, reports are reaching our office in Washington that 4,000 Han Chinese took to the streets in Urumqi on Monday seeking revenge by carrying out acts of violence against Uighurs. On Tuesday, more Han Chinese took to the streets. As the violence escalates, so does the pain I feel for the loss of all innocent lives. I fear the Chinese government will not experience this pain as it reports on its version of events in Urumqi. It is this lack of self-examination that further divides Han Chinese and Uighurs.

Ms. Kadeer is the president of the World Uighur Congress and author of "Dragon Fighter: One Woman's Epic Struggle for Peace with China" (Kales Press, 2009).

Would you concede to a term like "bloodletting?"

Hmm, actually nobody seems to know what the fuck is happening.

Han Chinese are reporting attacks by Uighurs and Uighurs are reporting attacks by government forces. Seems to be a royal clusterfuck.

JULY 8, 2009
Heavy-handed police tactics by the Chinese turned a peaceful assembly into a bloodbath.
By REBIYA KADEER

When the Chinese government looks back on its handling of the unrest in Urumqi and East Turkestan this week, it will most likely tell the world that it acted in the interests of maintaining stability. It will most likely forget to explain why thousands of Uighurs risked everything to speak out against injustice, or why hundreds of Uighurs are now dead for exercising their right to protest.

On Sunday, students organized a protest in the Döng Körük (Erdaoqiao) area of Urumqi. They wished to express discontent with the Chinese authorities' inaction on the mob killing and beating of Uighurs at a toy factory in Shaoguan in China's southern Guangdong province and to express sympathy with the families of those killed and injured.

A peaceful assembly turned violent as some elements of the crowd reacted to heavy-handed policing. I unequivocally condemn the use of violence by Uighurs during the demonstration as much as I do China's use of excessive force against protestors.

Wang Lequan, party secretary of the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, has blamed me for the unrest. However, it is years of Chinese repression of Uighurs -- topped by further confirmation that Chinese officials have no interest in observing the rule of law -- that is the cause of the current Uighur discontent.

China's brutal reaction to Sunday's protest will only reinforce these views. Uighur sources within East Turkestan say 400 Uighurs in Urumqi have died as a result of police shootings and beatings. There is no accurate figure for the number of injured.

A curfew has been imposed, telephone lines are down, and the city remains tense. Uighurs have contacted me to report that the Chinese authorities are conducting a house-to-house search of Uighur homes and are arresting male Uighurs. They say that Uighurs are afraid to walk the streets in the capital of their homeland.

The unrest is spreading. The cities of Kashgar, Yarkand, Aksu, Khotan and Karamay may have also seen unrest, though it's hard to tell, given China's state-run propaganda. Kashgar has been the worst effected of these cities and unconfirmed reports state that over 100 Uighurs have been killed there. Troops have entered Kashgar, and sources in the city say that two Chinese soldiers have been posted to each Uighur house.

The recent Uighur repression has taken on a racial tone. The Chinese government is known for encouraging a nationalistic streak among Han Chinese as it seeks to replace the bankrupt communist ideology it used to promote. This nationalism was in evidence as the Han Chinese mob attacked Uighur workers in Shaoguan.

This official encouragement of reactionary nationalism among Han Chinese makes the path forward very difficult. The World Uighur Congress that I head, much like the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan movement, advocates peaceful establishment of self-determination with genuine respect for human rights and democracy. Han Chinese and Uighurs need to achieve a dialogue based on trust, mutual respect and equality. Under present Chinese government policies, this is not possible.

To rectify the deteriorating situation in East Turkestan, the Chinese government must first properly investigate the Shaoguan killings and bring those responsible for the killing of Uighurs to justice. An independent and open inquiry into the Urumqi unrest also needs to be conducted so that Han Chinese and Uighurs can understand the reasons for Sunday's events and seek ways to establish understanding.

The United States has a key role to play in this process. It has always spoken out on behalf of the oppressed; this is why it has been been a leader in presenting the Uighur case to the Chinese government. At this critical juncture, the U.S. must condemn the violence in Urumqi and establish a consulate in Urumqi. A consulate can act as a beacon of freedom in an environment of fierce repression and monitor the daily human-rights abuses perpetrated against the Uighurs.

As I write this piece, reports are reaching our office in Washington that 4,000 Han Chinese took to the streets in Urumqi on Monday seeking revenge by carrying out acts of violence against Uighurs. On Tuesday, more Han Chinese took to the streets. As the violence escalates, so does the pain I feel for the loss of all innocent lives. I fear the Chinese government will not experience this pain as it reports on its version of events in Urumqi. It is this lack of self-examination that further divides Han Chinese and Uighurs.

Ms. Kadeer is the president of the World Uighur Congress and author of "Dragon Fighter: One Woman's Epic Struggle for Peace with China" (Kales Press, 2009).

Wow...what a shitty and biased article. Go here for a round up of articles from different sources and some pictures.

EastSouthWestNorth: The Urumqi Mass Incident

JULY 8, 2009
By REBIYA KADEER

Wow...what a shitty and biased article. Go here for a round up of articles from different sources and some pictures.

That would be your "shitty, and biased" opinion.

JULY 8, 2009
By REBIYA KADEER

That would be your "shitty, and biased" opinion.

Actually its incredibly clear that it takes a one-sided and biased view of the events.

Forum List

Back