Let's carry liberal policies to ther conclusion.

What do liberals want? I suppose many of these things would please most Democrats:

01. An effective and affordable system of health care;

02. Clean air and clean water;

03. Effective Campaign Finance Reform (the repeal of CU v. FEC);

04. Reasonable gun control;

05. Safe food;

06. Equal rights for all citizens;

07. Sound fiscal policies;

08. Tax reform;

09. a committment to Social Security;

10. An end to ideology and pargmatic solutions to long term problems.

Noted, we'll get into specifics later.

A vast pool of potential workers all willing to work long hours for next to nothing just to be able to afford the necessities of ife.

That's the conservative end game.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Please ignore this post.....
Organizing...........
Processing...........
Processing...........

Obama wants investment in education, green energy, and housing and he wants the rich to pay for it.

I was thinking of something more along the lines of Norway.

What this liberal wants is an investigation by an independent authority for three things: waste, fraud and military spending. If the numbers were revealed and these gross problems corrected, taxes could be lowered across the board for everybody.

a return to the Clinton era tax rates as well as a return to taking capital gains as normal income would be good places to start.

i believe that the $250k threshold is too low and this should be increased to either $500k or $1M annually. Deductions can remain the same and revenues will rise just as they did under Clinton. (although Clinton did not get capital gains treated as normal income).

this has to be coupled with spending cuts and those cuts will have to come from all of the high dollar spending programs including SS, Medicare, Medicaid and Defense. We do not have to gut these programs, but there is enough waste in all of these programs that shooting for a 5-10% reduction in each of the programs should be easily obtainable. These cuts do not need to occur overnight as these would decimate the programs overall. they need to be phased in over the next several years. (say by the end of Obama's second term).

01. An effective and affordable system of health care;

02. Clean air and clean water;

03. Effective Campaign Finance Reform (the repeal of CU v. FEC);

04. Reasonable gun control;

05. Safe food;

06. Equal rights for all citizens;

07. Sound fiscal policies;

08. Tax reform;

09. a committment to Social Security;

10. An end to ideology and pargmatic solutions to long term problems.

Last edited:
What liberals want is cradle to grave retirement where no one works and everyone smokes dope all day.

We won't need a military defense once we become so worthless no one has an interest in the United States.

A vast pool of potential workers all willing to work long hours for next to nothing just to be able to afford the necessities of ife.

Wow, and I thought we were all a bunch of greedy assholes who just want to make a lot of money....

You fucks need to make up your tiny little minds.

Ok, the Clinton-era tax rates is the one we'll use for the purpoese of this thread. I have heard this used many times by progressives as a desirable tax rate.

I understand the sentiment. That said, liberals here claim that this isn't true. The purpose of this thread is to deal with what the liberals will state that they do want and let's see where that leads us.

It has already lead you to build a straw man and others have already lit a match.

Feel free to leave the thread.

Do you feel threatened by the truth? Cognitive dissonance a problem?

Liberals won't be happy until America turns into North Korea.

You own nothing, it all belongs to the government.
No guns.
No freedom.

Liberals are happy.

That's right. Finally somebody gets to the bottom line and the real heart of the liberal agenda. Yes, we all want to live in camps and work like this:

north-korean-prison-camp.jpg

It's my dream to eat rotted cabbage and dirty water for every meal.

I want to have my baby in a dirty, lice-ridden bed in the dead of winter with no heat or blankets.

You've nailed it. You are my hero.

You voted for obama, you don't have long to wait.

Hey you want to talk about taking the conservative policies to their conclusion? Start your own, thread on it.

This is the man the liberals support, and they support his agenda...

ObamatheFacist.jpg

barack-obama-making-america-communist11.jpg

Oh, you forgot this one. It came out four years ago, even though Obama failed the James Brady Gun Control policy test....How many of your guns has Obama gotten so far, honey?
images
He's banned hundreds of thousands of gun imports, and that skank hitlery clinton that's works for him has been trying to ban guns in America through some back door POS UN treaty.

Can you say "Fast and Furious?" That's not over yet either, and neither is obama's dictatorship.

And now I'm "honey?" Gee, how about a blow job... HONEY?

Last edited:
Alright, we'll start with the goals now. Remember, in this thread we're going to give the left everything you want.

So far here's what I got:

Progressive goals:

Investment in education.
Investment in green energy.
Investment in housing.
An effective and affordable system of health care;
Clean air and clean water;
Effective Campaign Finance Reform (the repeal of CU v. FEC);
Reasonable gun control;
Safe food;
Equal rights for all citizens;
Sound fiscal policies;
Tax reform;
A committment to Social Security;
An end to ideology and pragmatic solutions to long term problems.

What about a "living wage" as the Occupy people want?
What about higher minimum wage?
What about unionizing all working people? (I know I already have one "nay" vote)
What about free college education as some propose?

Any others before we go on?

Hey you want to talk about taking the conservative policies to their conclusion? Start your own, thread on it.

Sure, I'll post some ideas on that topic. The top conservative 'ideas':

01. Cut taxes;

02. Cut regulations;

03. Cut Government;

04. Repeal Obamacare;

O5. Privatize Social Security

06, Subsidize Private Schools;

07. Privatize or lease our National Parks;

08. Suppress the vote;

09. Privatize most government services;

10. Return America to the Gilded Age.

The goal is clear: Remake our country into a pure Plutocracy.

[/QUOTE] You voted for obama, you don't have long to wait.[/QUOTE]

I primarily voted against Romney. You know, the chickenshit who supposedly loves his country but now that he's lost the election he doesn't give a flying phuck about America anymore. He just wants to shove Ben and Jerry's in his face and mutter on his iPad about the house being remodeled next door in La Jolla. He's the spoiled "Thurston Howell III" that we knew he was.

You are long on fear and short on hard data. You lack facts to back up your premise. You cannot even construct a logical sequence for how you go from your comfy computer chair to a death camp.

All you've got are silly cartoons created by other fear-breathing rightwing idiots.

Last edited:
Alright, we'll start with the goals now. Remember, in this thread we're going to give the left everything you want.

So far here's what I got:

Progressive goals:

Investment in education.
Investment in green energy.
Investment in housing.
An effective and affordable system of health care;
Clean air and clean water;
Effective Campaign Finance Reform (the repeal of CU v. FEC);
Reasonable gun control;
Safe food;
Equal rights for all citizens;
Sound fiscal policies;
Tax reform;
A committment to Social Security;
An end to ideology and pragmatic solutions to long term problems.

What about a "living wage" as the Occupy people want?

What about it? Most working poor work for small business; the goal is for tax reform to allow small businesses to profit without exploiting their employees.

What about higher minimum wage? What about employer exploitation of workers. Do you support that?

What about unionizing all working people? (I know I already have one "nay" vote)

Workers have the right to organize, no business or industry are required to be a closed shop

What about free college education as some propose?

What about affordable college/trade/vocational schools? What about public high schools offering 21st century technical skills along with math, science, English?

Any others before we go on?

Other what? Would you like details on why I posted the 10 items? Maybe before I do you might consider the consequences and costs to not implementing them.

01. Cut taxes;

02. Cut regulations;

03. Cut Government;

04. Repeal Obamacare;

08. Suppress the vote;

I see we have a reading comprehension problem. The suggestion was: start your own thread addressing this topic.

Let's look at Obamacare...

Some people are going to get FREE healthcare and others now have to pay for their healthcare because they work. If someone is just above the cut line for FREE healthcare....why work?

Liberals want so-called FREE healthcare for everyone. Anyone that works will pay more in taxes but will be forced to a Govt-run hospital to get healthcare.

The rich elites will have enough money to pay better private doctors on the side. A 2-tier system of healthcare....for them and for us.

Last edited:

01. Cut taxes;

02. Cut regulations;

03. Cut Government;

04. Repeal Obamacare;

08. Suppress the vote;

I see we have a reading comprehension problem. The suggestion was: start your own thread addressing this topic.

No. And my reading comprehension is fine and I have no duty to protect you or others from cognitive dissonance. BTW, my points are those articulated by some conservative Republicans; a straw man it ain't.

Last edited:

01. Cut taxes;

02. Cut regulations;

03. Cut Government;

04. Repeal Obamacare;

08. Suppress the vote;

No. And my reading comprehension is fine and I have no duty to protect you or others from cognitive dissonance. BTW, my points are those articulated by some conservative Republicans; a straw man it ain't.

Off topic deflection it most certainly is.

Forum List

Back