Let’s call the whole thing off

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
From what I can determine neither one of these two guys should go any higher:

Sens. Rob Portman ( R-Ohio) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) are showcasing their foreign-policy credentials at a critical juncture in Mitt Romney’s search for a running mate.

Sens. Rubio, Portman showcase foreign policy credentials as VP search heats up
By Alexander Bolton - 06/06/12 05:00 AM ET

Sens. Rubio, Portman showcase foreign policy credentials as VP search heats up - TheHill.com

A little research tells me that Senator Portman should not get a second term in the Senate. Portman first went to the Senate in January of 2011 and already the Cleveland Tea Party is concerned about his position on ratifying the LOST:

Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Senator Rob Portman is "Lost" on LOST

Cleveland Tea Party Patriots: Senator Rob Portman is "Lost" on LOST

If anything, Portman is a Washington insider although he is acceptably conservative on a few politically advantageous domestic issues. His foreign policy positions are a lot shakier. Shaky enough to prompt a little research.

Sad to report, I could not find out where Portman stands on US membership in the UN. In all of his years in the House of Representatives he never signed on as a co-sponsor of HR 1146. That indicates he is a New World Order guy, and it explains his reluctance to come out against the LOST. That’s an important factor for voters in the general election when they look at a ticket containing a vice president whose claim to fame is foreign policy expertise.

Senator Rubio is no bargain either:

Rubio Moves to Reform U.N.
11:04 AM, Nov 10, 2011 • By DANIEL HALPER

Rubio Moves to Reform U.N. | The Weekly Standard

Reform ain’t withdrawal.

In truth, reform is one of the dirtiest words in a politician's dictionary because reform is always a fallback position until things cool off. Anybody who wants to reform the United Nations is either a fool or a con artist. I do not know if Thomas Sowell coined this phrase, but it sure applies to Rubio:

. . . millions more are taken in by the words of politicians, the top-of-the-line con men.

Thomas Sowell: Playing with words

In addition to Rubio’s other flaws, I’ve noticed that he is a slick fast-talker; a prime requisite for politicians cum con artist.

Bottom line: Pronunciation is the only thing I can see separating SENATORS Portman and Rubio on foreign policy; so:

Fred & Ginger - "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" - YouTube

Last edited:
If I was to list the things that I as a tea party member sees as important ... UN corruption would be somewhere between #50 and #65

This country has enough problems domestically to be worried about UN corruption. International affairs are important, don't get me wrong, but unless your way out in left field (read: Ron Paul) then it shouldn't disqualify you as a viable VP candidate

If I was to list the things that I as a tea party member sees as important ... UN corruption would be somewhere between #50 and #65

This country has enough problems domestically to be worried about UN corruption. International affairs are important, don't get me wrong, but unless your way out in left field (read: Ron Paul) then it shouldn't disqualify you as a viable VP candidate

To Firehorse: Congress runs this country domestically. At best, presidents are salesmen for their party’s product. Example: Obamacare should be called Pelosi-Reidcare. It was Hussein’s job to sell it.

Presidents have authority in foreign policy, yet most American voters put FP way down on the list of priorities. Very few voters even know how presidential candidates stand on the United Nations and, by extension, global government. Fortunately, it does not take an Einstein to figure out their loyalty to this country’s sovereignty —— Clinton and Hussein have none. That’s why it is important to know where Romney and his vice president stand.

Ultimately, real and manufactured economic crises will always come and go, but sooner or later a president will finish the job of betraying this country to global government. When that day comes Americans will wake up to a permanent economic crises they never thought possible. Put it in perspective this way: The people in Third World countries do not have economic crises; their standard of living is a way of live. That is what a one government world has in store for Americans.

Incidentally, UN corruption is not the primary concern. If you start thinking that way you end up in Rubio’s camp: Reform the UN. The existence of the United Nations is the problem. Everybody knows where Hussein and Biden, (and Hillary Clinton) stand on US membership in the UN, but how many Americans know what Romney and his wannabe vice presidents think?

Finally, Tea Party conservatives focusing on congressional races is the best thing coming out of this election cycle. Tea Partiers have zero chance of electing a president whose first loyalty is to America’s independence since neither major political party will ever nominate one, nor will the media support such a candidate, but Tea Partiers might be able to seat enough Senators to stop the United Nations in its tracks until a loyal president comes along.

Keep an eye on ratifying the Law of the Sea Treaty after the election and before January 3, 2013 if you want to identify those senators whose first loyalty is to the United Nations.

I totally get that Flanders. And I have no desire to reform the UN. It is a body that exists to attempt to force other countries into doing what the majority of the powerbrokers want. It has long sense been useful by any real definition. The UN will die as soon as a bunch of third world and want to be superpowers decide to do something about us, at which point, we bow out and the UN looses whatever it has left (this is closer to happening then many believe)

American independence means a lot more to me then anything the UN has to say. That is why it is so low on my 'care' list. The UN has gotten too big for its breaches, if it pokes us in the wrong way, I would prefer our independence intact so we can show them what a real superpower can do when it's national independence is at stake

I totally get that Flanders. And I have no desire to reform the UN. It is a body that exists to attempt to force other countries into doing what the majority of the powerbrokers want. It has long sense been useful by any real definition. The UN will die as soon as a bunch of third world and want to be superpowers decide to do something about us, at which point, we bow out and the UN looses whatever it has left (this is closer to happening then many believe)

American independence means a lot more to me then anything the UN has to say. That is why it is so low on my 'care' list. The UN has gotten too big for its breaches, if it pokes us in the wrong way, I would prefer our independence intact so we can show them what a real superpower can do when it's national independence is at stake

To Firehorse: Thanks for the clarification. I did not see your position in your first response.

Incidentally, the public won’t know who Romney picks to run with him until post time for the feature race. In the public relations race for vice president Jindal is moving up on the rail while morning line favorite Marco Rubio is fading in the stretch:

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal wouldn’t speculate on Friday on reports that he is seen as the leading choice as vice president by presumptive GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney — only telling Newsmax.TV that “this may be the most important election of our lifetime.”

Jindal to Newsmax: Whether I'm VP or not, Romney's the Man
Friday, 08 Jun 2012 10:32 PM
By Todd Beamon and John Bachman

Jindal to Newsmax: Whether I'm VP or not, Romney's the Man

I can’t believe that Romney will pick a lame horse. Both Rubio and Jindal have the same eligibility problem. Should Romney pick either one he will be in trouble coming out of the gate.

Also, nobody ever asked Rubio if he believes he is constitutionally eligible. I doubt if anybody will ask Jindal.

Finally, I don’t know how Jindal stands on US membership in the UN, or global government, but anybody who says “this may be the most important election of our lifetime.” offers reason enough to view him with a bit of skepticism. This year’s election is a preliminary for 2016 —— the most important race in the nation’s history. More so if Romney turns out to be Hussein Light on the important stuff.

Good news for Americans, bad news for the United Nations:

The U.N. Law of the Sea Convention has yet to get a committee vote, but Senate Republicans have gathered enough opposition to ensure it will be dead on arrival.

The office of Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) announced Monday that 34 senators now oppose the treaty, ensuring that getting a two-thirds majority vote–67 ayes in the full Senate–will be impossible.

It took a while for two VP wannabes to get there, but better late than not at all on this important sovereignty issue:

Monday afternoon, Portman and Ayotte sent a letter to Senate majority leader Harry Reid (R-Nev.) explaining their reasoning for opposing the treaty.

Law of the Sea Treaty is dead
By: Hope Hodge
7/16/2012 03:46 PM

Law of the Sea Treaty is dead

Forum List

Back