Let's bring our troops home

Della Valk

Rookie
May 16, 2011
We've found and punished OBL. Pakistan can't be trusted. We need to stop spending money and lives on these imposible deams. Big armies are passe'. Wake up Obama. Gran:clap2::clap2:

Excellent idea. Let's not finish them off permanently, let's give them a few years to regroup and come back stronger than before.

Fucking idiot.

Thank you CG. Couldn't have said it better myself.:clap2:

Blame politicians. They created this evil Bogeyman as the 'face of terror' because it's easier to go after a person than an ideal. But, as Bush knew, killing Bin Laden wasn't gonna stop anything. We either do the fucking job properly or we do not. I would like us to learn from the mistakes of history - like Iraq - when we should have stayed the course the first time around.

We need finish this. Not pretend we've 'won' cuz we killed the bogeyman, but stay the course and do the hard stuff until we have so destroyed AQ that no one will be stupid enough to try this tactic on the west again.

Do people really believe that just because the figure head is dead this is all over? Really? Seriously?
Man.... Welcome to the board anyway but hope you have a supply of rose colored glasses handy.

We've found and punished OBL. Pakistan can't be trusted. We need to stop spending money and lives on these imposible deams. Big armies are passe'. Wake up Obama. Gran:clap2::clap2:

fight to win or come home , we cant identify the enemy lets protect the borders.

Della, you have a lot to leazn. I got this piece from a book (later a movie) called Body of Lies. It struck me as the most truthful thing I've heard so far and you should read it:

Do we belong there or do we not? It doesn't matter how you would answer that because we are there. We're tired, and we can't see the end. We can't even console ourselves that our enemy is just as tired as we are. Because they're not. It is a fallacy that prolonged war will weaken an occupied enemy. It most likely will make your enemy stronger. They get used to the deprivation, and they adapt and respond accordingly. While here at home with every death reported we have to deal with a public-opinion trajectory that slides rapidly from supportive to negative to downright hostile. People just get sick and tired of a moment's silence at a ball game.They just wanna be told that it's over.
Our enemy has realized that they are fighting guys from the future. Now, it is as brilliant as it is infuriating. If you live like it's the past, and you behave like it's the past then guys from the future find it very hard to see you. If you throw away your cell phone, shut down your e-mail pass all your instructions face-to-face, hand-to-hand turn your back on technology and just disappear into the crowd No flags. No uniforms. You got your basic grunts on the ground there. They're looking going, "Who is it we're fighting?" In a situation like this, your friends dress just like your enemies and your enemies dress like your friends. What I need you to fully understand is that these people, they do not wanna negotiate. Not at all. They want the universal caliphate established across the face of the Earth and they want every infidel converted or dead.
So, what's changed is that our allegedly unsophisticated enemy has caught on to the factually unsophisticated truth...we're an easy target. We are an easy target and our world as we know it is a lot simpler to put to an end than you might think

I think you forget and/or know not that the US government is a piracy government that thrives by intimidating and plundering (both domestically and internationally). Wars and more wars, justly or unjustly, are what keep the US going.

We've found and punished OBL. Pakistan can't be trusted. We need to stop spending money and lives on these impossible dreams. Big armies are passe'. Wake up Obama. Gran:clap2::clap2:

fight to win or come home. we cant identify the enemy; lets protect the borders.

Protect borders! Who says we want to protect borders? In Texas, the border has to be unprotected so that our undocumented can come in for cheap labor. Without cheap labor by the undocumented and hand-outs from the Fed, Texas would drown.

New Topics

Forum List

Back