Let's Blame Jeri Ryan for the Obama Presidency

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I am not a Star Trek fan. I discovered Jeri Ryan on a short-lived episodic TV show entitled, "Shark." The draw was James Wood, but Jeri Ryan was certainly eye candy even for me. I'll let you decide for yourself.

jeri_ryan_7.jpg

In 2000, Jeri Ryan filed divorce papers in Illlinois court, one of her complaints was that her husband, Jack Ryan (GOP Senate candidate) brought her to sex clubs and asked her to engage in sexual activity in front of other patrons.

Jeri Ryan said her then-husband took her on three "surprise trips" in the spring of 1998 to New Orleans, New York and Paris, during which he took her to sex clubs. She said she refused to go in the first and went into the second at his insistence.

"It was a bizarre club with cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling," she said in the court document, adding that her husband "wanted me to have sex with him there, with another couple watching. I refused."

She said on arriving at the third club, in Paris, "people were having sex everywhere. I cried. I was physically ill. [He] became very upset with me and said it was not a 'turn on' for me to cry."

CNN.com - Ex-wife of GOP Senate candidate alleged sex club forays - Jun 22, 2004

These allegations were revealed in 2004 when court papers were allowed to be unsealed.

Jack Ryan subsequently dropped out of the senate race, overwhelmed by the scandal. His opponent on the democratic ticket was Barack Obama. The rest is history.

So if Jeri Ryan had kept the divorce papers sealed and continued with the divorce quietly, Jack Ryan would have a solid chance of winning the Senate election. Barack Obama would still be a community organizer.

I blame it on Jeri Ryan. She's still hot, but she was the woman who was the catalyst for Barack Obama's rise to stardom in politics and his eventual Presidential win. I guess Barack Obama owes Jeri Ryan a thank you letter at the very least.

Jeri Ryan said her then-husband took her on three "surprise trips" in the spring of 1998 to New Orleans, New York and Paris, during which he took her to sex clubs. She said she refused to go in the first and went into the second at his insistence.

What an asshole. What kind of husband pressures and harrasses their spouse into doing something she's uncomfortable with. What a prick.

She said on arriving at the third club, in Paris, "people were having sex everywhere. I cried. I was physically ill. [He] became very upset with me and said it was not a 'turn on' for me to cry."

Let me get this straight: The "family values" republicans who wrote this article, are wishing THIS prick won their senate race in 2004, instead of Obama? What kind of dickwad does this shit to their spouse?

I blame it on Jeri Ryan. She's still hot, but she was the woman who was the catalyst for Barack Obama's rise to stardom in politics and his eventual Presidential win.

Yeah, let's blame the women. If not for those evil, cunning women, a sexist and souless prick Republican would have won that senate seat, and Obama would be a footnote in history.

What an asshole. What kind of husband pressures and harrasses their spouse into doing something she's uncomfortable with. What a prick.

Let me get this straight: The "family values" republicans who wrote this article, are wishing THIS prick won their senate race in 2004, instead of Obama? What kind of dickwad does this shit to their spouse?

Yeah, let's blame the women. If not for those evil, cunning women, a sexist and souless prick Republican would have won that senate seat, and Obama would be a footnote in history.

So you ADMIT you are a prude? By the way he wanted to have sex only with his wife. He just wanted others to watch. Little twisted indeed. But not nearly as bad as say a homosexual with an active sex life, a Governor that paid hookers or those Congressmen over the years that had sex with 17 year old pages.

Ohh wait I forgot, that is ok cause, well they have no morals and never said they did. Got ya covered on that one.

As to what ever Ryan ran as, you would need to provide some proof he ever actually claimed any of the moral high ground.

No, I admit I believe in consensual erotic behaviour, free of harrassment and pressure.

So, you admit you believe in pressuring women to do erotic things they are uncomfortable with, and then mock them when it makes them cry?

Ya cause of COURSE she couldn't just say NO. She couldn't just walk out. Remind me again, exactly what did he FORCE her to do? Are you suggesting she was so weak willed she had no control over her actions or decision process?

So you ADMIT you are a prude? By the way he wanted to have sex only with his wife. He just wanted others to watch. Little twisted indeed. But not nearly as bad as say a homosexual with an active sex life, a Governor that paid hookers or those Congressmen over the years that had sex with 17 year old pages.

Ohh wait I forgot, that is ok cause, well they have no morals and never said they did. Got ya covered on that one.

As to what ever Ryan ran as, you would need to provide some proof he ever actually claimed any of the moral high ground.

Listen, maybe this guy was trying to put a little spice in his marriage. Perhaps she is really is not as hot as she looks. Maybe in reality, she was a prude. As I have learned in my marriage, sex is more important than we give it credit. Without it, you can kiss your marriage goodbye.

Jack Ryan wasn't suggesting that they have sex with other people. Perhaps he is an exhibitionist who gets a thrill from other people watching.

We don't know the whole story, but to air your dirty laundry in public is classless.

Listen, maybe this guy was trying to put a little spice in his marriage. Perhaps she is really is not as hot as she looks. Maybe in reality, she was a prude. As I have learned in my marriage, sex is more important than we give it credit. Without it, you can kiss your marriage goodbye.

Jack Ryan wasn't suggesting that they have sex with other people. Perhaps he is an exhibitionist who gets a thrill from other people watching.

We don't know the whole story, but to air your dirty laundry in public is classless.

Actually one can survive a marriage even with out sex. All one needs do is honor their commitment when they got married. I don't recall there being a clause about sex in the vows at all.

Actually one can survive a marriage even with out sex. All one needs do is honor their commitment when they got married. I don't recall there being a clause about sex in the vows at all.

I've seen many marriages fail because wives have a tendency to neglect their husbands after having children.

I've been guilty of that -- I was reminded by my husband. Maybe this is sexist, but find it true that men need sex more than food, more than conversation.

I've seen many marriages fail because wives have a tendency to neglect their husbands after having children.

I've been guilty of that -- I was reminded by my husband. Maybe this is sexist, but find it true that men need sex more than food, more than conversation.

As much as people like to mock it, a man's sexual needs certainly ranks up there with food and conversation. :lol:

My wife decided in late 1999 she no longer wanted to have sex. We are still married. I thought of divorce and we talked about it but decided not to and see how it went.

I do not like to quit on promises I have made.

My wife decided in late 1999 she no longer wanted to have sex. We are still married. I thought of divorce and we talked about it but decided not to and see how it went.

I do not like to quit on promises I have made.

Wow that's quite admirable. I am sorry, but I think she is wrong. If it's not a medical condition, I think she should make more of an effort.

This is getting a bit personal, but, a woman must work herself up. A woman needs to go out and get some pretty lingerie, makeup, perfume to make herself feel sexy.

When I was growing up (as a teenager), I use to wonder why woman who are married with kids would give up on themselves, no makeup, hair not styled, baggy sweatclothes. You have to work on a marriage. Even though I don't work outside the home, I dress as though I do.

When I married my husband, I gave him the promise that I would remain the person that he wanted to marry. You never know who might interest your spouse, don't let them get tempted.

This was all alledged. It was all hearsay in sealed child custody records. I know Jack Ryan. I worked on his campaign and I was in the room the day he withdrew from that race. I find hard to believe that he did anything that she accused him of, but if he did, you the fuck what. He propositioned his legally married wife for some kinky sex. The court papers never said "pressured." He was denied and Mrs. Ryan di not feel that this devious sexual behavior was enough to keep him from having joint custody. This was all alledged and their son Alex, was used as platform to launch Obama to the US Senate.

Jack Ryan was not the asshole that make him out to be here. He is great man that caught up in a nasty divorce. Shit happens.

Forum List

Back