let's be honest

wimpy77

Jan 21, 2009
i was watching a cnn program with the topic being about the economic situation. at the end of the program two people were debating, one a conservative writer and a liberal economic analyst. they were heatly debating the stimulus and giving their partisan viewpoint. the host stepped in and asked them a point blank question to both of them.

he asked the liberal analyst can you positively say that the stimulus package will work, after pausing for a second she said no. he then turned the conservative writer and asked can you positively say the stimulus won't work. she paused and said no (immediately after saying no she tried to follow it up, by attacking liberal viewpoint) the host stopped her in her tracks and said your orginal answer is no. he then looked into the camera and said both liberal and conservatives can make their arguments for or against the stimulus, but nobody not even the people in washington or the people on wall street knows if this is going to work.

let's be honest we simply have no idea if this will work. that goes for the president, congress, the fed, santa claus, the tooth fairy or anyone on this board. we simply are going to have to find out. for once when two people were asked an honest question, they gave a honest answer.

just my $0.02

That's right...nobody knows if what they are doing will work.

Apparently enough of them are convinced that doing nothing is guaranteed to make things worse, though.

I think that the stimulus package will not work as long as their goal is to return to business as suaual.

Business as usual is why we're in this mess to begin with.

History shows it has worked in the past.

History has also shown that if you do too little you get a great depression, Ask Hoovers ghost.

Unadulterated goat crap.

This is not the sort of thing that pulled us out of the depression, but it's a nice fairy tale.

Forum List

Back