Let's ask the Obvious: Who's stupid enough to deliver 2000 weapons to drug lords?

He had no history. If he had a history he wouldn't have been able to buy the gun. Having people say you're crazy is not sufficient grounds to deny someone a constitutional right. Just like being stupid. I think you're dumb as rocks but I would never say you ought to have your rights stripped because your IQ is less than a leek's.

Except I have a college degree and a 30 year work record that includes service in the US military.

So, um, no, you see, I have a record. And when I got this last job, they called the former employers and checked with the DoD and UIC to make sure I was who I said I was. And then they made me take a piss-test to make sure I wasn't using drugs. They also checked my credit scores.

And this was to sit behind a desk and cut purchase orders. Something that is never going to kill anyone.

But oddly enough, Jared Loughner could walk into a gun store and buy a semi-automatic gun and extra large clips, even though he had a record of drug use and mental instability, that COULD have been discovered if even a half-ass attempt at due diligence had been done.

Which is what makes this laughable. Millions of guns are out there, and you are going on about a few that the ATF tried to keep track of because they wanted to catch some bad guys.

No, the background check was thorough. Loughner had nothing in his background that would have prohibited him from purchasing.
Saying this for the 3rd time now.
What kind of background check would you like to see? Asking ex wives? Former employers? Kindergarten teachers?
As you point out, gun control laws don't work.

Well, no, they don't, but you could at least make an effort.

The determined criminal is always going to be able to get a gun.

But a crazy person with no job, a police record and was thrown out of his school can buy a gun when he apparently couldn't form coherent thoughts? Any sensible person should have been able to see there was something off about the guy.

Due diligence. If his teachers or employers had been asked, that would have raised some serious red flags...

I've just noticed something about this whole "Fast and Furious" thing.

They've admitted that people don't kill people, guns killl people.

And that apparently, if these guns hadn't gotten away from this sting, these Mexican drug lords never would have gotten guns from anywhere else... like the thousands of guns they buy from US gun shops even now.

This was a pretty stupid operation, but it didn't start with Obama and HOlder. It's just another screwup on the part of the ATF, trying to validate its existence. The "Gunwalking" operations on the border actually go back to the Bush years.

my guess, Obama is just screwing with Issa to get the GOP to embrace the crazies, and then he'll release the documents and there will be nothing in them.

You are correct on one part, I had 9mm one day that just walked out of the house and started shouting people, I SOLD IT AS SOON AS I COULD!!!!!!!

Well let's ask the obvious question here. Who's STUPID enough to deliver 2000 semi-automatic weapons to violent Mexican drug cartels?

No one is--including the ATF under the direction of Eric Holder--that is (without a hidden agenda.)

I can clearly remember Obama standing at the border--saying that Americans were selling guns to Mexican drug cartels. Well it turns out his own ATF was doing that. None of these guns had any TRACKING devices on them--so why would Obama & Eric Holder do that?

Was the plan to talk about all these DEAD BODIES in Mexico--so they could assault the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution? But it blew up in their faces when 3 ATF whistle blowers started talking.

Is this why Eric Holder ADMITTED that if these documents that he didn't release--were released it would get very embarrassing for this administration? I think so. There is no other rational explanation for Fast and Furious.

rmon1505l.jpg
Bush, Jr. began Fast and Furious.

ATF gunwalking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All your link proves is how fucking stupid Obama and Holder are they had absolute proof the program couldn't work and went ahead and started it anyway with even less controls then before.

Who is tupid enough to train crazy islamic radicals to fly plains without landing and give them free visas to the US? Oh yeah, republicans. People who also claimed executive priviledge when congress wanted to make them accountable.

To put this in context, these terrorists were admitted into the US and started their pilot training during the Clinton Administration. Does that answer your 'stupid' question?

You probably don't remember the rules and regulations that prevented airport security from profiling anyone based on their ethnicity.

Name the 'people' that claimed executive privilege during the Bush Administration in regards to 911. Just ONE name will do.

No, the background check was thorough. Loughner had nothing in his background that would have prohibited him from purchasing.
What kind of background check would you like to see? Asking ex wives? Former employers? Kindergarten teachers?

But a crazy person with no job, a police record and was thrown out of his school can buy a gun when he apparently couldn't form coherent thoughts? Any sensible person should have been able to see there was something off about the guy.

Due diligence. If his teachers or employers had been asked, that would have raised some serious red flags...

OK, so you want people to be denied constutiional rights because some teacher or employer says negative things about them.
Got it.

Well let's ask the obvious question here. Who's STUPID enough to deliver 2000 semi-automatic weapons to violent Mexican drug cartels?

No one is--including the ATF under the direction of Eric Holder--that is (without a hidden agenda.)

I can clearly remember Obama standing at the border--saying that Americans were selling guns to Mexican drug cartels. Well it turns out his own ATF was doing that. None of these guns had any TRACKING devices on them--so why would Obama & Eric Holder do that?

Was the plan to talk about all these DEAD BODIES in Mexico--so they could assault the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution? But it blew up in their faces when 3 ATF whistle blowers started talking.

Is this why Eric Holder ADMITTED that if these documents that he didn't release--were released it would get very embarrassing for this administration? I think so. There is no other rational explanation for Fast and Furious.

rmon1505l.jpg

Let's ask the Obvious: Who's stupid enough to deliver 2000 weapons to drug lords?

Happens all the time. There is a fortune made in selling 2000 weapons to drug traffickers.

The profit in selling 2000 weapons is probably over a million dollars.

This crazy person with a record would get his gun the same place a hardened criminal would, off the street.

While I do advocate a background check, background checks are actually for the Honest Person.

Is this why Eric Holder ADMITTED that if these documents that he didn't release--were released it would get very embarrassing for this administration? I think so. There is no other rational explanation for Fast and Furiou ans.

rmon1505l.jpg
Bush, Jr. began Fast and Furious.

ATF gunwalking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To start with, George W Bush is not a Jr. You must have him confused with Al Gore who is a Jr.

To end this, Bush had absolutely nothing to do with Fast and Furious since it was started in November, 2009. You really should read what you link.

Who is tupid enough to train crazy islamic radicals to fly plains without landing and give them free visas to the US? Oh yeah, republicans. People who also claimed executive priviledge when congress wanted to make them accountable.

Not true. The guys who flew the planes into WTC got received their flight training in Florida while Bill Clinton was getting blow jobs in the oval office.

Not true. The guys who flew the planes into WTC got received their flight training in Florida while Bill Clinton was getting blow jobs in the oval office.

You are an idiot. The Saudis got thier training in 1999.

You are both wrong.
The first hijackers to arrive in the United States were Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi, who settled in the San Diego area in January 2000. They were followed by three hijacker-pilots, Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, and Ziad Jarrah early in the summer of 2000 to undertake flight training in south Florida

And who was President in 1999?

You are both wrong.
The first hijackers to arrive in the United States were Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi, who settled in the San Diego area in January 2000. They were followed by three hijacker-pilots, Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, and Ziad Jarrah early in the summer of 2000 to undertake flight training in south Florida

I pulled my info off of this address:

Complete 911 Timeline: Flight Training Undergone by Alleged 9/11 Hijackers

Yeah, I clearly recall reading the 911 a-holes attended the Republican National Committee Flight School.

You're really tupid (sic).

You are both wrong.

I pulled my info off of this address:

Complete 911 Timeline: Flight Training Undergone by Alleged 9/11 Hijackers

Good article. It appears that these terrorists had no problem coming to the US during the Clinton Administration. It would seem to me that instead of kissing ME mens butts, Clinton should have had them checked a little more thoroughly. But then, he treated the first WTC bombing as a criminal act rather than what it actually was. A terrorist attack.

Umm... Dear. The 9/11 Terrorists were training in America when Bill Clinton was President, and I assure you... He was no Republican.

The Bush Administration did the same thing. They even lost track of a shipment of weapons over the border. The smugglers who were given guns by the ATF disappeared in Mexico. Got away clean.

The only difference is that none of the guns from that particular fuckup ended being used to kill an ATF agent, as far as we know.

So the big stink is not over doing something as dumb as that, the stink is over what cover-up plan was put into action after the agent was killed by a gun used in an identical operation under a different administration.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back