Let US Breath

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama began reversing the climate policies of the Bush administration on Monday, clearing the way for new rules to force auto makers to produce more fuel-efficient and less polluting cars.

The president told the Environmental Protection Agency to reconsider immediately a request by California to impose its own strict limits on vehicle carbon dioxide emissions, blamed for contributing to global warming.

The Democratic Obama took over last Tuesday from former President George W. Bush, whose Republican administration had denied the request, prompting California and other states to sue.

"The federal government must work with, not against, states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions," Obama said at the White House, taking a stab at his predecessor's policies.

Obama begins reversing Bush climate policies - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama began reversing the climate policies of the Bush administration on Monday, clearing the way for new rules to force auto makers to produce more fuel-efficient and less polluting cars.

The president told the Environmental Protection Agency to reconsider immediately a request by California to impose its own strict limits on vehicle carbon dioxide emissions, blamed for contributing to global warming.

The Democratic Obama took over last Tuesday from former President George W. Bush, whose Republican administration had denied the request, prompting California and other states to sue.

"The federal government must work with, not against, states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions," Obama said at the White House, taking a stab at his predecessor's policies.

Obama begins reversing Bush climate policies - Yahoo! News

Wow, that Osama really has a lot of backbone, he should be a General too.

I am continously amazed at you acerbic wit and clever pictures.

Now please answer my question. Is this avatar your picture or the first one?:eusa_drool:

Well, I never did agree with Bush on the environment and nature in general. However, the Gore type of radicalism is not the answer either. We need to be responsible and reasonable, protective and proactive. Hopefully Obama will use good logic and seek facts and not theory.

Lycurgus, we actually agree.

I want him to bring in real scientists and then determine what we need to do to create an enviroment not only which will be good for us, but for our children and grandchildren.

I believe we can do that and still have profitable businesses.

When there was talk about some programs for the oil industry and the opposition said it would drive them out of business, BP implemented many of them and increased its profits.

We can breathe and make money.

I am continously amazed at you acerbic wit and clever pictures.

Now please answer my question. Is this avatar your picture or the first one?:eusa_drool:

This one is me when I heard that a guy from Kenya was running for President, my face has been stuck like that ever since. The other one is me at Mardi Gras out to scare white people.

Forum List

Back