Let us argue about abortion

because he either fell out of his mom's vagina or he was ripped out of her tummie by a baby doctor

In one it lives, and in one it dies. Bit of a difference there dontcha think?

the mother gives the fetus life...not a god, not a government, and certainly not a Supreme Court decision by a bunch of Judeo-Christian lunatics.

Life is almost abstract when compared to living as a fully functioning entity outside the dependence of others.

Until a fetus is born and fully develops it's ability to be considered human (in the womb or out of it -trimsters?)) outside of the womb, it cannot be considered a human being entitled to legal protections without then having the state become the oppressor of a woman's body and very being

The mother gives the fetus life? How?

It's not a "child" until it's born.

Semantics.

You fail.

Actually, he’s correct – semantics are very important when it comes to the law. And in the case of Colorado law, a fetus is not a legal person:

According to published reports, a brief filed by the hospital, owned by Englewood, Colo.-based Catholic Health Initiatives, said that the fetuses are not covered by state's Wrongful Death Act.

"Under Colorado law, a fetus is not a 'person' and plaintiff's claims for wrongful death must therefore be dismissed," the hospital argued.

A state district court and an appeals court agreed with the hospital. The case, originally filed in 2007, is currently on appeal to the Colorado Supreme Court.

Fetuses not people, Catholic hospital says in court

This thread is not about the law.

More red herring anyone?

Who here is stupid or lost enough to claim all life IS equal outside FantasyLand and Delusionville?

That would be me, and almost everyone else who posted in this thread.

Wait, did you mean you were going to be using red herring fallacies?
No one has the power to discredit the truth. Among the powers some humans have is the power not to let political emotions over ride their powers of reasoning. Try that and see if the voices go away.

No one has the power to discredit what truth? Are you trying to tell me that everyone is not equal? What makes some people better than others?

Let me guess, their skin color.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

People who would force their personal religious beliefs into law to reduce the freedoms many Americans fought and died for are dangerous anti-Americans, at least according to the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.

Why does everyone resort to that argument?

Wait, I forgot, you want to use red herrings because you ain't got anything else.

I suggest you take a gander at my avatar and ponder the implications.
When the Bible punishes abortion at all, the Bible allows for small fines. No stronger punishment than a fine is mentioned and that is for causing an abortion in another family by accident. Period. No punishment is mentioned for inducing an abortion out of free will.

Why bring up the Bible?

More red herrings.
Because I am a fiscal conservative gun owner against most of the moral degeneracy of recent years some of these anti-Americans approached me to join their demented attempts to undermine individual freedoms Americans put blood on the ground defending. Approaches that didn't end well for the intruders on my family's rights. On the up side results were clear.

Huh? Are you saying that, because you a racist redneck you like to scare people?
The bottom line is anti-abortion meddlers make up about every claim they make about science (Creationism, anyone?), the Bible, and America's founding documents. That is probably all rational people need to know about them.

Feel free to debunk the simple fact that a fetus is not a fish.

In one it lives, and in one it dies. Bit of a difference there dontcha think?

the mother gives the fetus life...not a god, not a government, and certainly not a Supreme Court decision by a bunch of Judeo-Christian lunatics.

Life is almost abstract when compared to living as a fully functioning entity outside the dependence of others.

Until a fetus is born and fully develops it's ability to be considered human (in the womb or out of it -trimsters?)) outside of the womb, it cannot be considered a human being entitled to legal protections without then having the state become the oppressor of a woman's body and very being

The fetus is born with the mother's immune system. Think of crotch droppings as parasitic

The fetus is born with the mother's immune system. Think of crotch droppings as parasitic

What does the mother do for an immune system after she dives birth?

What, precisely, is that process, and where in it does one become human?

I've explained the anatomic, physiologic, and other processes that contribute. You were confused and thought it was a magical process. You used the word magical. Magic. MAGIC! HAHAHAHA.

You have repeated the justification that a fetus is nothing more than a bunch of cells, The problem is that everyone, especially doctors, knows that is a lie.

Here is the little I know about the stages of human development, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but provide links to actual medical texts, not wild posturings of your deluded mind.

Fertilization
Zygote
Blastocyst
Embryo
Fetus

Here comes the part that prove you wrong. By the blastocyst stage you can no longer describe the child as a clump of cells. Anyone looking at this stage under a microscope will clearly see that there are separate structures in existence, the embyoblast and the trophblast. One of these will develop into an adult human being, the other will be discarded.

By the way, you are correct that an acorn is not a tree, by the same token an infant is not an adult. An acorn is, however, an oak, just like that infant is a human. Perhaps you can finally deal with the real world now that I have dealt with your infantile attempt to derail the discussion.

So why are you against laws against abortion?

More red herring anyone?

Quantum Windbag 6723390: blah. Blah blah. Bla blah blah blah.

Then this gem...

Huh? Are you saying that, because you a racist redneck you like to scare people?
The bottom line is anti-abortion meddlers make up about every claim they make about science (Creationism, anyone?), the Bible, and America's founding documents. That is probably all rational people need to know about them.

Racist redneck? Interesting how zealots can read one thing and come up somewhere entirely unsuspected by the rational mind. Brings to mind wild pigs. Natural generosity of spirit impels one to try to blame the failures of public education, yet at some point one must accept the truth: that zealots only see what the voices in their heads direct them to see. My Jeffersonian instincts are typical among Appalachian Scots-Welsh, a population that in general avoids religious nuttiness and meddling in other people's business, something both partisan extremes should take a closer look at trying.

But I digress...

To your wag about my motive for running off the gaggle of social meddlers - which based on the number of projections in such a short sentence, appears to confirm there are voices directing your perceptions - my motive was to be let alone by meddlers.

Last edited:
What have the pro abortion crowd at Slate been worrying about lately? They have decided to admit the pro life crowd is right, and declare that it doesn't matter if abortion is murder because the babies aren't important.

Here’s the complicated reality in which we live: All life is not equal. That’s a difficult thing for liberals like me to talk about, lest we wind up looking like death-panel-loving, kill-your-grandma-and-your-precious-baby storm troopers. Yet a fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it resides. She’s the boss. Her life and what is right for her circumstances and her health should automatically trump the rights of the non-autonomous entity inside of her. Always.

So what if abortion ends life? - Salon.com

It would be nice if they took that attitude towards the lives of the millions of people on welfare. Think of the money I wouldn't have robbed from me.

Forum List

Back