Let us argue about abortion

Abortion results in a disproportionate about of black babies being killed. This is the premise of which Planned Parenthood was constructed.

You would have a point if they only provided abortions for black women, and/or forced them to have one.

If you were honest you would admit you place more value on the mother's convenience than the child's life.

Want to try for real honesty, or are you going to try and lie your way through this by claiming all abortions occur because the mother will die without it?

it makes no difference WHY any woman wants an abortion. Its her body and her business if she wants to be an incubator.

When one views the fetus as a human being, then it is their business to prevent the murder of human beings, just as it is everyone's business to outlaw all other murders.

Then why would pro-life elected officials take an oath of office that includes an oath to uphold the Constitution,

which by law has made that 'murder' a civil right?

They can't have it both ways...

But when it came to mounting a defense in the Stodghill case, Catholic Health’s lawyers effectively turned the Church directives on their head. Catholic organizations have for decades fought to change federal and state laws that fail to protect “unborn persons,” and Catholic Health’s lawyers in this case had the chance to set precedent bolstering anti-abortion legal arguments. Instead, they are arguing state law protects doctors from liability concerning unborn fetuses on grounds that those fetuses are not persons with legal rights.
Catholic Hospital Argues Fetuses Are Not People In Malpractice Suit

I am not Catholic, nor am I a hospital, so I am not the one trying to have it both ways.

By the way, the pro abortion crowd are the ones having it both ways.

Shouldn't you be on Salon arguing with the person who actually expressed the opinions?

Do you have any evidence I am not?

The fact that you want someone to play the role of salon whoever over here.

I'll argue with you. You invented a false premise, i.e., that if someone agrees that the fetus is human life they have agreed with the pro-lifers.

There are hundreds of comments on that particular blog, many of which are being moderated in an attempt to hide the fact that far less than 80% of the people in the US support abortion under most circumstances.

Do you want to explain how agreeing that a fetus is a human life is not agreeing that a fetus is a human life?

Last edited:
i bet zero minds are changed in this debate....Zero.

I did not use the word debate, did I?

What do you think about the tactic of admitting defeat to pro lifers and siding with the eugenicists who want to improve the human race by killing undesirables?

who gives a shit what word you used? You insert your own words all the time that people never use.

Now you have a problem? I see you are a hypocrite.

People do not use the word argue? Since when?

There is no one single established definition of human life that translates into qualifying that life for full rights, protections, and privileges under the law.

Two cells of human DNA might be 'human life' from a genotypical perspective, but most normal people can comprehend the profound phenotypical difference between a zygote and you or me.

Why does pro abortion mean anti science?

I think discussing the value of life is difficult, the article is right, pro-choice people( at least the honest ones) understand that a fetus is a human life, they(me included) simply place more value on the mothers life, than the fetus'.

If you were honest you would admit you place more value on the mother's convenience than the child's life.

Want to try for real honesty, or are you going to try and lie your way through this by claiming all abortions occur because the mother will die without it?

NO she won't...But it is none of your business why a woman decides to have an abortion, and you have no clue why they make it or how it effects them. It is their choice, and their burden to live with. Roe V Wade won't be over turned. So just continue to sit in judgement of things you don't understand and argue something that you will never change......

Strangely enough, it doesn't happen to be your business why a crazy guy kills a bunch of first graders, that hasn't stopped you from having an opinion about it.

I didn't just mean life or death situations, I meant her life in general, her overall health, emotionally, financially, etc.

Inconvenience does not trump anyone's life.

Can I off my parents if they get so sick that caring for them deeply impacts me financially and emotionally?

What if I have a kid who gets in an accident and is crippled? Can I kill him if it impacts me emotionally and financially?

These questions illustrate the value of the life of a fetus has absolutely nothing to do with the mother's inconvenience. That argument is a bogus excuse. The truth is that the unborn are not considered as valuable as any other human being.

Funny how the pro abortion crowd misses that.

it makes no difference WHY any woman wants an abortion. Its her body and her business if she wants to be an incubator.
That's the part they don't understand. It is none of their business as to why a woman would want one. We don't care if they judge us. It is our choice and we are the ones who have to deal with it all. It is easy to judge something we know nothing about.

What makes you think I don't understand your justification? I happen to understand lots of things that don't make sense to sane people.

When one views the fetus as a human being, then it is their business to prevent the murder of human beings, just as it is everyone's business to outlaw all murders.

What if one doesn't agree with gun ownership, and believes it is their business to prevent gun ownership? Guns cause death too.
Long story short...Both are rights given to use by our constitution. I don't want your guns, stay away from my right to privacy.

Guns "caused" 30,708 deaths in 1998, there were at least 884,273 abortions that same year, that is over 28 deaths of a child for every single gun death.

Did you have a point?

When one views the fetus as a human being, then it is their business to prevent the murder of human beings, just as it is everyone's business to outlaw all other murders.

Then why would pro-life elected officials take an oath of office that includes an oath to uphold the Constitution,

which by law has made that 'murder' a civil right?

Why would an anti gun politician take the same oath? They are all a bunch of lying sacks of shit.

I think discussing the value of life is difficult, the article is right, pro-choice people( at least the honest ones) understand that a fetus is a human life, they(me included) simply place more value on the mothers life, than the fetus'.

That would be fine if abortion only took place when the mother's life was at stake.

What you are saying is a woman's convenience is more important than a fetus' life. And that's disgusting.

All the caterwauling about "personhood" and "viability" was just smoke screen to hide the real agenda...to de-value particular sets of people, and kill them. It will start with babies (well it has already). It will move on to the elderly, the disabled, the poor, and those who are judged to be unhappy.

Two of my children survived the threat of abortion.
My take on it? It's a silly notion.
We take nothing seriously these days. Civility is a thing of a bygone era.
We toss our progeny in the garbage like an empty soda bottle.

I understand the law is the law. But I am who I am regardless.

Society can go on "doing its thing". I'll go on enjoying my offspring.

Forum List

Back