Let us argue about abortion

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
What have the pro abortion crowd at Slate been worrying about lately? They have decided to admit the pro life crowd is right, and declare that it doesn't matter if abortion is murder because the babies aren't important.

Here’s the complicated reality in which we live: All life is not equal. That’s a difficult thing for liberals like me to talk about, lest we wind up looking like death-panel-loving, kill-your-grandma-and-your-precious-baby storm troopers. Yet a fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it resides. She’s the boss. Her life and what is right for her circumstances and her health should automatically trump the rights of the non-autonomous entity inside of her. Always.

So what if abortion ends life? - Salon.com

I think discussing the value of life is difficult, the article is right, pro-choice people( at least the honest ones) understand that a fetus is a human life, they(me included) simply place more value on the mothers life, than the fetus'.

i bet zero minds are changed in this debate....Zero.

I did not use the word debate, did I?

What do you think about the tactic of admitting defeat to pro lifers and siding with the eugenicists who want to improve the human race by killing undesirables?

What have the pro abortion crowd at Slate been worrying about lately? They have decided to admit the pro life crowd is right, and declare that it doesn't matter if abortion is murder because the babies aren't important.

Here’s the complicated reality in which we live: All life is not equal. That’s a difficult thing for liberals like me to talk about, lest we wind up looking like death-panel-loving, kill-your-grandma-and-your-precious-baby storm troopers. Yet a fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it resides. She’s the boss. Her life and what is right for her circumstances and her health should automatically trump the rights of the non-autonomous entity inside of her. Always.

Shouldn't you be on Salon arguing with the person who actually expressed the opinions?

What do you think about the tactic of admitting defeat to pro lifers and siding with the eugenicists who want to improve the human race by killing undesirables?

The pro-life people want the fetus to be considered a person under the law.

I think discussing the value of life is difficult, the article is right, pro-choice people( at least the honest ones) understand that a fetus is a human life, they(me included) simply place more value on the mothers life, than the fetus'.

If you were honest you would admit you place more value on the mother's convenience than the child's life.

Want to try for real honesty, or are you going to try and lie your way through this by claiming all abortions occur because the mother will die without it?

As long as the culling of undesirables is done of the mother's own free will, law says its her choice.

Shouldn't you be on Salon arguing with the person who actually expressed the opinions?

Do you have any evidence I am not?

The pro-life people want the fetus to be considered a person under the law.

The wacky left wants bacteria considered a person under the law, what's your point?

As long as the culling of undesirables is done of the mother's own free will, law says its her choice.

Can you prove she is doing it of her own free will?

Didn't think so.

I didn't just mean life or death situations, I meant her life in general, her overall health, emotionally, financially, etc.

Exactly, it is more important that the mother be allowed to kill her child if it is a burden than it is to protect human life.

Can you prove she is doing it of her own free will?

Didn't think so.

I think the witnessed consent form is sufficient proof.

Contrary to all the hyperbolic drama, the mother's life is not ended by having a baby.

During an abortion, though, the baby's life really is ended.

So how does inconvenience trump an actual life being extinguished?

It doesn't.

Last edited:
So you support a ban on abortion unless the mother's life is jepordized.

They can't have it both ways...

But when it came to mounting a defense in the Stodghill case, Catholic Health’s lawyers effectively turned the Church directives on their head. Catholic organizations have for decades fought to change federal and state laws that fail to protect “unborn persons,” and Catholic Health’s lawyers in this case had the chance to set precedent bolstering anti-abortion legal arguments. Instead, they are arguing state law protects doctors from liability concerning unborn fetuses on grounds that those fetuses are not persons with legal rights.

Catholic Hospital Argues Fetuses Are Not People In Malpractice Suit

Do you have any evidence I am not?

The fact that you want someone to play the role of salon whoever over here.

I'll argue with you. You invented a false premise, i.e., that if someone agrees that the fetus is human life they have agreed with the pro-lifers.

So you support a ban on abortion unless the mother's life is jepordized.

See post 12.

Forum List

Back