Let There Be Peace Already

"Two party state." So are you referring to a one state solution?

Anyone else have a suggestion for peace between Israel & the Palestinians? LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

I have lots of ideas, but none are particularly new!

I'd like to see the Israeli government endorse the concept of a two party state.

I'd like to see both sides genuinely commit to peace and to finding a solution.

I'd like to see both sides operate with respect for religion and ethnicity.

The reality is to get a single Israeli freed by negotiations, the Israelis have to agree to free scores of Palestinian terrorists.

It does seem that way, but it's worth keeping in mind that a lot of Palestinians in Israeli prisons did little wrong to begin with. There has been a lot of discussion in Israel about how many people are locked up withour trial for things like protesting or waving a Palestinian flag.

It seems to have become a bit of a game - Israel locks dozens of teenagers up so that it can release them in the next prisoner exchange.

No doubt some of the prirsoners are complete scum, but the IDF has always said it will its troops back home no matter what, and that's a very popular policy in Israel.

The prisoners that went free in the Hamas negotiations were not prisoners who did "little" to start with. those were prisoners who butchered Israeli women and children. the "small criminals" are an entire different issue that should be delt with with a completely different glove.

The policy of prisoners exchange is a policy that is based on culture and values. the Israeli government released a prisoner who tortured a little girl to death and shot her sibling and father infront of her mother's eyes. this man walked free like some hero, in exchange of bodies of Israeli soldeirs that were captured in Lebanon. and they were not even alive. So naturally, the price for Gilad Shalit was 100 times higher.

the Israeli society see the IDF soldier as something SACRED, therefor there is no "red line" so far, for what is willing to pay to bring the soldiers back. but that policy is at times need to be changed. The Talmud states clearly (part of the Hebrew law which courts take to mind at many times) that a peironer should be exchanged at his price only, and not higher, because the balance breaks otherwise. Besides, it is not reasonable that all terrorists will go free everytime they feel like taking someone in captivity. Israel doesn't have any strict clear policy stated by law or document when comming to negotiating with terrorists, like the USA does

I wonder how many Palestinian terrorists Israel exchanges for just one Israeli reunite to attack Israeli's again?

The reality is to get a single Israeli freed by negotiations, the Israelis have to agree to free scores of Palestinian terrorists.

It does seem that way, but it's worth keeping in mind that a lot of Palestinians in Israeli prisons did little wrong to begin with. There has been a lot of discussion in Israel about how many people are locked up withour trial for things like protesting or waving a Palestinian flag.

It seems to have become a bit of a game - Israel locks dozens of teenagers up so that it can release them in the next prisoner exchange.

No doubt some of the prirsoners are complete scum, but the IDF has always said it will its troops back home no matter what, and that's a very popular policy in Israel.

The prisoners that went free in the Hamas negotiations were not prisoners who did "little" to start with. those were prisoners who butchered Israeli women and children. the "small criminals" are an entire different issue that should be delt with with a completely different glove.

The policy of prisoners exchange is a policy that is based on culture and values. the Israeli government released a prisoner who tortured a little girl to death and shot her sibling and father infront of her mother's eyes. this man walked free like some hero, in exchange of bodies of Israeli soldeirs that were captured in Lebanon. and they were not even alive. So naturally, the price for Gilad Shalit was 100 times higher.

the Israeli society see the IDF soldier as something SACRED, therefor there is no "red line" so far, for what is willing to pay to bring the soldiers back. but that policy is at times need to be changed. The Talmud states clearly (part of the Hebrew law which courts take to mind at many times) that a peironer should be exchanged at his price only, and not higher, because the balance breaks otherwise. Besides, it is not reasonable that all terrorists will go free everytime they feel like taking someone in captivity. Israel doesn't have any strict clear policy stated by law or document when comming to negotiating with terrorists, like the USA does

I think a two party state is more practical.

If neither side can leave peacefully with the other, then let them live separately.

It needn't be that complicated, either: Palestine gets Gaza and 80% of the West Bank, with land trades for the remaining 20%. Limited right of return. International monitoring of borders and ports. A neutral zone for the Old City. Both countries recognise the other, and Palestine accepts limits on its military powers.

Founding Father of the United States of America John Adams
I will insist that the Hebrews have done more to civilize men than any other nation. If I were an atheist, and believed in blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations. If I were an atheist of the other sect, who believe or pretend to believe that all is ordered by chance, I should believe that chance had ordered the Jews to preserve and propagate to all mankind the doctrine of a supreme, intelligent, wise, almighty sovereign of the universe, which I believe to be the great essential principle of all morality, and consequently of all civilization
Amazon.com: Roots Of American Order (9781882926992): Russell Kirk, Forrest McDonald: Books

United States President John Quincy Adams
The precept of the koran is perpetual war against all who deny that Mahomet is the prophet of God. The vanquished may purchase their lives, by the payment of tribute; the victorious may be appeased by a false and delusive promise of peace; and the faithful follower of the prophet, may submit to the imperious necessities of defeat: but the command to propagate the Moslem creed by the sword is always obligatory, when it can be made effective. The commands of the prophet may be performed alike, by fraud, or by force .
Amazon.com: Memoir of the life of John Quincy Adams. (9781240038398): Josiah Quincy: Books

There can be no "two party state" living in peace in Israel. And no surrounding Arab country will grant the Palestinians a right of return back to their indigenous homelands. Do you think maybe Mecca would be a nice place for a Palestinian State?

If neither side can leave peacefully with the other, then let them live separately.

It needn't be that complicated, either: Palestine gets Gaza and 80% of the West Bank, with land trades for the remaining 20%. Limited right of return. International monitoring of borders and ports. A neutral zone for the Old City. Both countries recognise the other, and Palestine accepts limits on its military powers.

There can be no "two party state" living in peace in Israel. And no surrounding Arab country will grant the Palestinians a right of return back to their indigenous homelands. Do you think maybe Mecca would be a nice place for a Palestinian State?

There is no palestine nor palestinians. The Romans invented the word palestine to call Israel during the Roman Empire.

Last time I checked, the Roman Empire collapsed centuries ago or does Italy own Israel today?

They're just unachieving arabs like the rest of the arab world.

Stone -

I did actually explain this to you the other day, and I noticed you completely ignored my post. I'll try again, but please do read the comment and give it some consideration.

You will never understand this topic until you understand this point.

The word 'Palestinian' is older than the word 'German' or 'Italian'.

In many, many countries, nation states were formed across what had previusly been principalities, regions or kingdoms. People who used to call themselves Genoese, Piedmontese or Sicilian became Italian only 170 years ago, just as Prussians and Saxons became Germans.

Do you imagine Germany should be anulled as a concept?

What matters is that families can trace their history back in German cities for 1,000+ years, just as they can in Jericho, Jerusalem and Jaffa. People have come and gone in that time, but genetic testing has proven that they are essentially one people on that land.

Please acknowledge this point.

If ou don't, I'll merely C&P on to every thread where you post the same mistake.

Stone -

I did actually explain this to you the other day, and I noticed you completely ignored my post. I'll try again, but please do read the comment and give it some consideration.

You will never understand this topic until you understand this point.

The word 'Palestinian' is older than the word 'German' or 'Italian'.

In many, many countries, nation states were formed across what had previusly been principalities, regions or kingdoms. People who used to call themselves Genoese, Piedmontese or Sicilian became Italian only 170 years ago, just as Prussians and Saxons became Germans.

Do you imagine Germany should be anulled as a concept?

What matters is that families can trace their history back in German cities for 1,000+ years, just as they can in Jericho, Jerusalem and Jaffa. People have come and gone in that time, but genetic testing has proven that they are essentially one people on that land.

Please acknowledge this point.

If ou don't, I'll merely C&P on to every thread where you post the same mistake.

You're allowed to be uneducated. It's the only thing you excel at.

Biblical Historian and Scholar Dr. Paula Fredriksen, Professor of Religion, Boston University; Ph.D, History of Religion, Princeton University; Diploma in Theology, Oxford University
The Judean revolt against Rome was led by [Jewish rebel] Bar Kochba in 132-135 CE. The immediate causes of this rebellion are obscure. Its result was not: [Roman Emperor] Hadrian crushed the revolt and banned Jews from Judea.

The Romans now designated this territory by a political neologism, "Palestine" [a Latin form of "Philistine"], in a deliberate effort to denationalize Jewish/Judean territory. And, finally, Hadrian eradicated Jewish Jerusalem, erecting upon its ruins a new pagan city, Aelia Capitolina.
Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews by Paula Fredriksen - Book - Random House

PBS...
In 70 AD, after a siege marked by starvation and terror crucifixions, the Roman army broke through the walls of Jerusalem. Not only did they kill thousands of Jews, they laid waste to the Temple, the only place on Earth, according to Biblical law, where Jews could worship God.

It was the death of the religion of Priests and sacrifices described by the Hebrew Bible. But, it would not be the death of Judaism. In the years ahead, some of the greatest religious minds in history would struggle to reinvent the religion of Moses and David.

But, the Jews would be forced to work during a period of almost inconceivable bloodshed and turmoil. They would watch their people be expelled from Jerusalem on pain of death and see the name of their homeland changed from Judea to Palestine
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLypbbijk2I&feature=relmfu]The Gifts of the Jews - YouTube[/ame]

Well, this is much like the other thread, isn't it?

You are wrong, you know that you are wrong, but you refuse to admit it and refuse to learn anything that might be useful for you in future discussions.

It's a shame - but given that you seem to be motivated entirely by racial hatred, it isn't surprising.

Biblical Historian and Scholar Dr. Paula Fredriksen, Professor of Religion, Boston University; Ph.D, History of Religion, Princeton University; Diploma in Theology, Oxford University
The Judean revolt against Rome was led by [Jewish rebel] Bar Kochba in 132-135 CE. The immediate causes of this rebellion are obscure. Its result was not: [Roman Emperor] Hadrian crushed the revolt and banned Jews from Judea.

The Romans now designated this territory by a political neologism, "Palestine" [a Latin form of "Philistine"], in a deliberate effort to denationalize Jewish/Judean territory. And, finally, Hadrian eradicated Jewish Jerusalem, erecting upon its ruins a new pagan city, Aelia Capitolina.
Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews by Paula Fredriksen - Book - Random House

PBS...
In 70 AD, after a siege marked by starvation and terror crucifixions, the Roman army broke through the walls of Jerusalem. Not only did they kill thousands of Jews, they laid waste to the Temple, the only place on Earth, according to Biblical law, where Jews could worship God.

It was the death of the religion of Priests and sacrifices described by the Hebrew Bible. But, it would not be the death of Judaism. In the years ahead, some of the greatest religious minds in history would struggle to reinvent the religion of Moses and David.

But, the Jews would be forced to work during a period of almost inconceivable bloodshed and turmoil. They would watch their people be expelled from Jerusalem on pain of death and see the name of their homeland changed from Judea to Palestine
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLypbbijk2I&feature=relmfu]The Gifts of the Jews - YouTube[/ame]

PBS...
Specializing in the history of early Christianity, Paula Fredriksen is author of two books and over a dozen articles on early Christianity. Among her numerous awards and honors are a National Endowment for the Humanities grant for University Professors and a Lady Davis Visiting Professorship of Ancient Christianity at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. Her second book, From Jesus to Christ: The Origins of the New Testament Images of Jesus, received the Yale Press Governors' Award for Best Book in 1988. Fredriksen holds a Ph.D. in history of religions, ancient christianity, and Greco-Roman religions from Princeton University and a theology diploma from Oxford University. She served as historical consultant for the BBC production The Lives of Jesus and was a featured speaker and historical consultant for U.S. News and World Report's "The Life and Times of Jesus."
Biographies | From Jesus To Christ - The First Christians | FRONTLINE | PBS

I wonder how many Palestinian terrorists Israel exchanges for just one Israeli reunite to attack Israeli's again?

For Gilad shalit 1027 killers were freed. For Ehud Goldvaser and Eldad Regev were freed I believe 5.

I don't think that expelling more Jews from their houses will be a great thing. Last time it happened it made the situation worse, not better.

Why does Israel allow wounded Palestinian terrorists to get well in Israeli hospitals so they can attack & kill even more Israeli's? This entire Zionist agenda has to go.

I don't think that expelling more Jews from their houses will be a great thing. Last time it happened it made the situation worse, not better.

No, neither do I, but neither do I support Palestinians and Christians being expelled from their houses (i.e. around Gilo). That has definitely made the situation worse.

Jews have lived in Western Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Galilee for thousands of years and have a right to that land.

Palestinians have lived in East Jerusalem, Akko and Jaffa for thousands of years and have a right to that land.

The only solution rests with mutual recognition of that fairly simple fact - the solution is prevented by racism and hatred on both sides, much as we see on this board. It's also interesting that most people opposing a peaeful solution don't have to live with the war!

No, neither do I, but neither do I support Palestinians and Christians being expelled from their houses (i.e. around Gilo). That has definitely made the situation worse.

Jews have lived in Western Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Galilee for thousands of years and have a right to that land.

Palestinians have lived in East Jerusalem, Akko and Jaffa for thousands of years and have a right to that land.

The only solution rests with mutual recognition of that fairly simple fact - the solution is prevented by racism and hatred on both sides, much as we see on this board. It's also interesting that most people opposing a peaeful solution don't have to live with the war!
:poop:

Eminent Archaeologist and Historian, former Fulbright Scholar Eric Cline...
The claims that modern Palestinians are descended from the ancient Jebusites are made without any supporting evidence. Historians and archaeologists have generally concluded that most, if not all, modern Palestinians are probably more closely related to the Arabs of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan and other countries than they are to the ancient Jebusites, Canaanites or Philistines.
Oxford University Press: Oxford Handbook of the Bronze Age Aegean: Eric H. Cline

Rashid Khalidi, Professor of Modern Arab Studies, Columbia University, Director of Columbia University's Middle East Institute and advisor to various Arab groups...
There is a relatively recent tradition which argues that Palestinian nationalism has deep historical roots. As with other national movements, extreme advocates of this view anachronistically read back into the history of Palestine over the past few centuries a nationalist consciousness and identity that are in fact relatively modern. Among the manifestations of this outlook are a predilection for seeing in peoples such as the Canaanites, Jebusites and Philistines the lineal ancestors of the modern Palestinians.
Amazon.com: Palestinian Identity (9780231105156): Rashid Khalidi: Books

Eminent Middle East Historian Bernard Lewis

By [Arabs] bypassing the Biblical Israelites and claiming kinship with the Canaanites, it is possible to assert a historical claim antedating the biblical promise and possession put forward by the Jews. This line of argument isaccompanied by the common practice in Arab countries, in textbook, museums and exhibitions of minimizing the Jewish role in ancient history or, more frequently, presenting it in very negative terms.

In terms of scholarship as distinct from politics, there is no evidence whatsoever for the assertion that the Canaanites were Arabs.
Amazon.com: Political Words and Ideas in Islam (9781558764248): Bernard Lewis: Books

Eminent Historian Sir Martin Gilbert...
On August 18 Yasir Arafat, speaking as head of the Palestinian National Authority in Gaza and Jericho, told Arab youngsters at a summer camp, "Those of you who lit the intifada fire must now act as defenders of this young state, whose capital is Jerusalem. It is Bir Salem [the fountain of Salem]. Salem was one of the Canaanite Kings, one of our forefathers. This city is the capital of our children and our children's children. If not for this belief and conviction of the Palestinian nation, this people would have been erased from the face of the earth, as were so many other nations."

King Salem is a newcomer on the historical scene. No such Canaanite, Jebusite or Philistine king is known to history.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041CNUIC/?tag=ff0d01-20

"Palestinian" Hamas Minister of the Interior Fathi Hammad, Al-Hekma TV [Egypt]: "Half of the Palestiniains are Egyptians and the other half are Saudis"
Brothers, there are 1.8 million of us in Gaza. Allah be praised, we all have Arab roots and every Palestinian in Gaza and throughout Palestine can prove his Arab roots--whether from Saudi Arabia, from Yemen, or anywhere.

Personally, half my family is Egyptian. We are all like that.

More than 30 families in the Gaza Strip are called Al-Masri [Egyptian]

Brothers, half of the Palestiniains are Egyptians and the other half are Saudis

Who are the Palestinians? we have many families called Al-Masri, whose roots are Egyptian. Egyptian! They may be from Alexandria, from Cairo, from Dumietta, from the North, from aswan, from Upper Egypt. We are Egyptians. we are Arabs. We are Muslims
http://www.memri.org/clip/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/3389.htm

Last edited:
Stone -

Do you ever step back from your posting and wondering what you are trying to achieve?

You post obsessively about a country you have never been to and will never go to.

You quote from books you clearly have not read.

You post statements you know full well are false.

You refuse to answer questions and refuse to acknowledge facts.

Do you consider yourself an honest person normally?

I don't mean this is as an insult, but reading your comments here the last week, you come across like someone around twelve years old. I don't think I have ever seen such weak posting.

Eminent Archaeologist and Historian, former Fulbright Scholar Eric Cline...
The claims that modern Palestinians are descended from the ancient Jebusites are made without any supporting evidence. Historians and archaeologists have generally concluded that most, if not all, modern Palestinians are probably more closely related to the Arabs of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan and other countries than they are to the ancient Jebusites, Canaanites or Philistines.
Oxford University Press: Oxford Handbook of the Bronze Age Aegean: Eric H. Cline

Rashid Khalidi, Professor of Modern Arab Studies, Columbia University, Director of Columbia University's Middle East Institute and advisor to various Arab groups...
There is a relatively recent tradition which argues that Palestinian nationalism has deep historical roots. As with other national movements, extreme advocates of this view anachronistically read back into the history of Palestine over the past few centuries a nationalist consciousness and identity that are in fact relatively modern. Among the manifestations of this outlook are a predilection for seeing in peoples such as the Canaanites, Jebusites and Philistines the lineal ancestors of the modern Palestinians.
Amazon.com: Palestinian Identity (9780231105156): Rashid Khalidi: Books

Eminent Middle East Historian Bernard Lewis
By [Arabs] bypassing the Biblical Israelites and claiming kinship with the Canaanites, it is possible to assert a historical claim antedating the biblical promise and possession put forward by the Jews. This line of argument isaccompanied by the common practice in Arab countries, in textbook, museums and exhibitions of minimizing the Jewish role in ancient history or, more frequently, presenting it in very negative terms.

In terms of scholarship as distinct from politics, there is no evidence whatsoever for the assertion that the Canaanites were Arabs.
Amazon.com: Political Words and Ideas in Islam (9781558764248): Bernard Lewis: Books

Eminent Historian Sir Martin Gilbert...
On August 18 Yasir Arafat, speaking as head of the Palestinian National Authority in Gaza and Jericho, told Arab youngsters at a summer camp, "Those of you who lit the intifada fire must now act as defenders of this young state, whose capital is Jerusalem. It is Bir Salem [the fountain of Salem]. Salem was one of the Canaanite Kings, one of our forefathers. This city is the capital of our children and our children's children. If not for this belief and conviction of the Palestinian nation, this people would have been erased from the face of the earth, as were so many other nations."

King Salem is a newcomer on the historical scene. No such Canaanite, Jebusite or Philistine king is known to history.
Amazon.com: Martin Gilbert'sThe Routledge Atlas of Jewish History (Routledge Historical Atlases) [Hardcover](2010): M., (Author) Gilbert: Books

"Palestinian" Hamas Minister of the Interior Fathi Hammad, Al-Hekma TV [Egypt]: "Half of the Palestiniains are Egyptians and the other half are Saudis"
Brothers, there are 1.8 million of us in Gaza. Allah be praised, we all have Arab roots and every Palestinian in Gaza and throughout Palestine can prove his Arab roots--whether from Saudi Arabia, from Yemen, or anywhere.

Personally, half my family is Egyptian. We are all like that.

More than 30 families in the Gaza Strip are called Al-Masri [Egyptian]

Brothers, half of the Palestiniains are Egyptians and the other half are Saudis

Who are the Palestinians? we have many families called Al-Masri, whose roots are Egyptian. Egyptian! They may be from Alexandria, from Cairo, from Dumietta, from the North, from aswan, from Upper Egypt. We are Egyptians. we are Arabs. We are Muslims
Hamas Minister of the Interior and of National Security Fathi Hammad Slams Egypt over Fuel Shortage in Gaza Strip, and Says: "Half of the Palestinians Are Egyptians and the Other Half Are Saudis"

PBS: Civilization and the Jews
The interaction of Jewish history and Western civilization successively assumed different forms. In the Biblical and Ancient periods, Israel was an integral part of the Near Eastern and classical world, which gave birth to Western civilization. It shared the traditions of ancient Mesopotamia and the rest of that world with regard to it’s own beginning; it benefited from the decline of Egypt and the other great Near Eastern empires to emerge as a nation in it’s own right; it asserted it’s claim to the divinely promised Land of Israel
PBS - Heritage

Harvard University Semitic Museum: The Houses of Ancient Israel The Houses of Ancient Israel § Semitic Museum

In archaeological terms The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine focuses on the Iron Age (1200-586 B.C.E.). Iron I (1200-1000 B.C.E.) represents the premonarchical period. Iron II (1000-586 B.C.E.) was the time of kings. Uniting the tribal coalitions of Israel and Judah in the tenth century B.C.E., David and Solomon ruled over an expanding realm. After Solomon's death (c. 930 B.C.E.) Israel and Judah separated into two kingdoms.
Israel was led at times by strong kings, Omri and Ahab in the ninth century B.C.E. and Jereboam II in the eighth.

Harvard University Semitic Museum: Jerusalem During The Reign Of King Hezekiah--New Exhibition At The Semitic Museum Re-Creates Numerous Aspects Of Ancient Israel Harvard Gazette: Jerusalem during the reign of King Hezekiah

The Semitic Museum has installed a new exhibition that brings the world of biblical Israel into vivid, three-dimensional reality. "The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine" immerses the viewer in Israelite daily life around the time of King Hezekiah (8th century B.C.), creating an experiential environment based on the latest archaeological, textual, and historical research.
The centerpiece of the exhibition is a full-scale Israelite house, open on one side, filled with authentic ancient artifacts that show how life was lived by common inhabitants of ancient Jerusalem. Agricultural tools, a cooking area, and a stall occupied by a single, scruffy ram fill the ground floor of the cube-shaped, mud-brick structure, which, thankfully, is not olfactorily authentic. The upper story, reached by a ladder, is devoted to eating and sleeping.

Yale University Press: The Archaeology of Ancient Israel The Archaeology of Ancient Israel - Ben-Tor, Amnon; Greenberg, R. - Yale University Press

In this lavishly illustrated book some of Israel's foremost archaeologists present a thorough, up-to-date, and readily accessible survey of early life in the land of the Bible, from the Neolithic era (eighth millennium B.C.E.) to the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the First Temple in 586 B.C.E. It will be a delightful and informative resource for anyone who has ever wanted to know more about the religious, scientific, or historical background of the region.

PBS Nova ...
In the banks of the Nile in southern Egypt in 1896, British archaeologisit Flinders Petrie unearthed one of the most important discoveries in biblical archaeology known as the Merneptah Stele. Merneptah's stele announces the entrance on the world stage of a People named Israel.

The Merneptah Stele is powerful evidence that a People called the Israelites are living in Canaan over 3000 years ago

Dr. Donald Redford, Egyptologist and archaeologist: The Merneptah Stele is priceless evidence for the presence of an ethnical group called Israel in Canaan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvg2EZAEw5c]1/13 The Bible's Buried Secrets (NOVA PBS) - YouTube[/ame]

The fact is that Christians, Muslims, and Jews all have the right to live in the holy land.

The problem is that the Zionists are a bunch of pigs who want it all for themselves. There has been war ever since and it is their war. They started it and they are the the only ones who can stop it.

Forum List

Back