Let There Be Peace Already

MJB12741

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2012
If I were prime minister of Israel the first thing I would do is acknowledge that Hamas is the duly elected government of the Palestinian people. No peace can be obtained by just ignoring Hamas as a terrorist organization. I would invite all of Hamas leaders to Tel Aviv for peace negotiations. I would provide them with the most lavish housing & fine dining available throughout this historic event. After an introductory dinner while we are all seated I would make an announcement to Hamas --- Welcome & thank you for coming. From now on, each time you kill an Israeli, Israel will retaliate by killing 10,000 Palestinians. Then I would open up the meeting for peace negotiations. What could be more fair & ethical than to let Hamas decide how many, if any, Palestinians Israel will have to kill for peace.

The situation you describe (wherein each time you kill, we kill 10,000) is not so different from the situaton as it has existed since the mid-eighties, in both Lebanon and Gaza.

It just doesn't work. You don't disuade angry 17 year olds from firing rockets by warning him of dire consequences. Unfortunately.

If I were the PM of Israel, I'd agree to recognise and talk to Hamas when Hamas agree to recognise and talk to me. Hamas can't do that, so it doesn't happen. Unfortunately.

But if Israel anounced "Enough. We want to get this conflict sorted, and we'll pull out of the West Bank within 12 months if Hamas agree" perhaps they would. I'd apply public pressure of Hamas, and make it look as if Hamas is the impediment to peace. Which it is.

Torah: Love thy neighbor. Love the stranger. Love the foreigner.
Quran: We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah: we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,- unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone"
United States President John Quincy Adams
The precept of the koran is perpetual war against all who deny that Mahomet is the prophet of God. The vanquished may purchase their lives, by the payment of tribute; the victorious may be appeased by a false and delusive promise of peace; and the faithful follower of the prophet, may submit to the imperious necessities of defeat: but the command to propagate the Moslem creed by the sword is always obligatory, when it can be made effective. The commands of the prophet may be performed alike, by fraud, or by force.
Amazon.com: Memoir of the life of John Quincy Adams. (9781240038398): Josiah Quincy: Books

Hamas wants to wipe Israel off the map. They will not change, as long as Palestinians keep them in power there will never be peace.

Yes, but, what's a Palestinians?

That's the million dollar question huh.
They are Arabs and DNA shows that Jews and Arabs are related.
Epiphenom: The shared genetic heritage of Jews and Palestinians

Yes, but, what's a palestinian?

It only became Palestine when the LN (League of Nations) granted it as a temporary mandate to Great Britain who promptly gave 2/3 of it to the Hashemite Arabs (yep, same tribe) forming the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The rump of Palestine was divided between the majority Jewish area and majority Muslim area by the UN with the Jewish part being called Israel and the Muslim part retaining the Palestine name.

Bottom line: there was never a nation called Palestine nor was there ever a nation comprised of the area of Palestine called another name. The closest thing today is The Palestinian Authority which has been blocked by a rebel HAMAS government in Gaza from forming a country and, one could argue, Jordan, comprising 2/3 of Palestine (it was half when they invaded the area that was to be a free Palestine in 1948 and annexed the west bank until defeated by Israel in the sixties).

It only became Palestine when the LN (League of Nations) granted it as a temporary mandate to Great Britain who promptly gave 2/3 of it to the Hashemite Arabs (yep, same tribe) forming the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The rump of Palestine was divided between the majority Jewish area and majority Muslim area by the UN with the Jewish part being called Israel and the Muslim part retaining the Palestine name.

Bottom line: there was never a nation called Palestine nor was there ever a nation comprised of the area of Palestine called another name. The closest thing today is The Palestinian Authority which has been blocked by a rebel HAMAS government in Gaza from forming a country and, one could argue, Jordan, comprising 2/3 of Palestine (it was half when they invaded the area that was to be a free Palestine in 1948 and annexed the west bank until defeated by Israel in the sixties).

I thought history says the Romans renamed Israel "palestine" during the Roman Empire thousands of years before the UN, in an attempt to destroy the 1000 year Jewish identity of Israel, just like the Romans destroyed Carthage.

The historians are wrong?

Hamas wants to wipe Israel off the map. They will not change, as long as Palestinians keep them in power there will never be peace.

Yes, but, what's a Palestinians?

It's a question for people who don't follow the debate. It's not a question any informed analyst would ask.

Actually, I'd go further and say that for most people who ask it - as we see on this thread - the question is about avoiding real answers rather than finding them.

It only became Palestine when the LN (League of Nations) granted it as a temporary mandate to Great Britain...

The Palestine Mandate was an administrative position given to Britain to assist the already existing Palestine. Britain never annexed or otherwise claimed ownership of Palestine. Palestine continued to exist after the end of the mandate.

The rump of Palestine was divided between the majority Jewish area and majority Muslim area by the UN...

It was not. The UN did not partition Palestine.

It only became Palestine when the LN (League of Nations) granted it as a temporary mandate to Great Britain...

The Palestine Mandate was an administrative position given to Britain to assist the already existing Palestine. Britain never annexed or otherwise claimed ownership of Palestine. Palestine continued to exist after the end of the mandate.

The rump of Palestine was divided between the majority Jewish area and majority Muslim area by the UN...

It was not. The UN did not partition Palestine.

"Rep System Guidelines: Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism."

P F Tinmore Rep Power: 0
"PF Tinmore is off the scale"

Anyone else have a suggestion for peace between Israel & the Palestinians? LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

If I were prime minister of Israel the first thing I would do is acknowledge that Hamas is the duly elected government of the Palestinian people. No peace can be obtained by just ignoring Hamas as a terrorist organization. I would invite all of Hamas leaders to Tel Aviv for peace negotiations. I would provide them with the most lavish housing & fine dining available throughout this historic event. After an introductory dinner while we are all seated I would make an announcement to Hamas --- Welcome & thank you for coming. From now on, each time you kill an Israeli, Israel will retaliate by killing 10,000 Palestinians. Then I would open up the meeting for peace negotiations. What could be more fair & ethical than to let Hamas decide how many, if any, Palestinians Israel will have to kill for peace.

Anyone else have a suggestion for peace between Israel & the Palestinians? LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

I have lots of ideas, but none are particularly new!

I'd like to see the Israeli government endorse the concept of a two party state.

I'd like to see both sides genuinely commit to peace and to finding a solution.

I'd like to see both sides operate with respect for religion and ethnicity.

Burn every quran!

United States President John Quincy Adams
The precept of the koran is perpetual war against all who deny that Mahomet is the prophet of God. The vanquished may purchase their lives, by the payment of tribute; the victorious may be appeased by a false and delusive promise of peace; and the faithful follower of the prophet, may submit to the imperious necessities of defeat: but the command to propagate the Moslem creed by the sword is always obligatory, when it can be made effective. The commands of the prophet may be performed alike, by fraud, or by force (Blunt, 29:274).
Amazon.com: Memoir of the life of John Quincy Adams. (9781240038398): Josiah Quincy: Books

The reality is to get a single Israeli freed by negotiations, the Israelis have to agree to free scores of Palestinian terrorists.

Last edited:
Winston Churchill's observations of the muslimes in 1899. Then and now...
How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.
Amazon.com: The River War (9781598184259): Sir Winston S. Churchill: Books

The reality is to get a single Israeli freed by negotiations, the Israelis have to agree to free scores of Palestinian terrorists.

It does seem that way, but it's worth keeping in mind that a lot of Palestinians in Israeli prisons did little wrong to begin with. There has been a lot of discussion in Israel about how many people are locked up withour trial for things like protesting or waving a Palestinian flag.

It seems to have become a bit of a game - Israel locks dozens of teenagers up so that it can release them in the next prisoner exchange.

No doubt some of the prirsoners are complete scum, but the IDF has always said it will its troops back home no matter what, and that's a very popular policy in Israel.

Islime must be destroyed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIDZ7Jpdqg]Hamas - "We desire death like you desire life" - YouTube[/ame]

Winston Churchill...
How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome

Amazon.com: The River War (9781598184259): Sir Winston S. Churchill: Books

Last edited:

Forum List

Back