Let Them Clean Toilets!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"Gingrich’s big idea was that kids from poor neighborhoods should work janitorial jobs at school in order to learn a work ethic. His argument was that poor kids who live in housing projects don’t see people working and therefore “literally have no habit of showing up on Monday.” Instead, they gravitate toward, you know, pimping and prostitution.

So much for the big tent. So much for diversity. Sayonara African-American vote. Hasta la vista, Paco y Maria. In one flick of the tongue, Gingrich managed to alienate all those undocumented workers he winked at a couple of weeks ago when he telegraphed during a debate that 11 million illegal immigrants would not be deported during a Gingrich presidency."

This is the Newt we can count on to help relect Obama.

Let them clean toilets -- GazetteXtra

how silly can gingrich get? Say you got a high school in a impoverished neighborhood that has 2000 students......giving 3 students a job as janitors ain't gonna solve the poverty or self respect issue, plus he takes the job away from the parents of the kids....puting the parents on welfare....

He's not real smart...is he?

how silly can gingrich get? Say you got a high school in a impoverished neighborhood that has 2000 students......giving 3 students a job as janitors ain't gonna solve the poverty or self respect issue, plus he takes the job away from the parents of the kids....puting the parents on welfare....

So, you think it's wrong to teach kids from deprived backgrounds a work ethic. Good to know.... and no wonder this country is such a clusterfuck.

Not real smart? No.... because we can't help all 2000 so clearly we should not help the 3. Do you know how stupid that is?

"Gingrich’s big idea was that kids from poor neighborhoods should work janitorial jobs at school in order to learn a work ethic. His argument was that poor kids who live in housing projects don’t see people working and therefore “literally have no habit of showing up on Monday.” Instead, they gravitate toward, you know, pimping and prostitution.

So much for the big tent. So much for diversity. Sayonara African-American vote. Hasta la vista, Paco y Maria. In one flick of the tongue, Gingrich managed to alienate all those undocumented workers he winked at a couple of weeks ago when he telegraphed during a debate that 11 million illegal immigrants would not be deported during a Gingrich presidency."

Work ethic is taught at home. Not at a janatorial job.

A vote for Newt in the primaries is a vote for Obama in 2012.

So, you think it's wrong to teach kids from deprived backgrounds a work ethic. Good to know.... and no wonder this country is such a clusterfuck.

Not real smart? No.... because we can't help all 2000 so clearly we should not help the 3. Do you know how stupid that is?
My goodness! oh what pure hogwash CG! :lol:

I never said what you just blurted out....please consider changing your useless debate tactics....no one puts words in my mouth, even if i like them! ;)

Teaching children self respect won't be solved by gingrich's silly and stupid suggestion on making a a couple of kids per school, janitors, nor by taking the jobs away from their parents. It's just a soundbite for the thoughtless CG, surely you can see that?

Care

Gee...I thought he was making a general statement that poor inner-city kids need to learn work ethics and gave janitorial jobs as an example...not literally.

Course I don't hate Gingrich...so my unbiased opinion might be getting in the way.

Shovel ready jobs aren't good enough for you either, huh?

Forum List

Back