Let the real campaign begin, guns enter the fray

OMG a governor of a very liberal state that actually followed the will of the people in that state!

Color me shocked.

Other than Romneycare I agreed with everything else Romney did as my governor. He was good, balanced my budget, and lowered state fees and taxes on me personally in his time here, and i make under 6 figures.

I like him because his is a slightly less empty suit than Obama.

At least he's been called a "governor," and as such appears to have benefitted from the experience more than Obama has during the past 4 years as CINC.

Holding my nose?
I supported Perry, then Newt
But getting BHO out of office will not require me to hold my nose

Irrelevant..

Romney will be the Republican candidate, and all conservatives will vote for him over Obama.

Oh, without a doubt...but will they hold their noses doing it? That never bodes well for the candidate in question.

There will be allot more Dems voting for him than is being stated
You cannot have an approval rating in the low 40s and at the same time have 51% voting for you as ABC/Post poll claims

Fox has it 44-42 Romney
Rasmussen has it 42-41 BHO
Common sense says it all

Approval ratings running neck and neck with these polls, accurate and un spun

Current poll numbers are irrelevant.

Rising Gas prices and Falling stock markets and sluggish employment despite $$trillion$$ in spending by the Dem congress and admin will be Obama's Doom.

Oh, without a doubt...but will they hold their noses doing it? That never bodes well for the candidate in question.

You cannot have an approval rating in the low 40s and at the same time have 51% voting for you as ABC/Post poll claims

Fox has it 44-42 Romney
Common sense says it all

Rising Gas prices and Falling stock markets and sluggish employment despite $$trillion$$ in spending by the Dem congress and admin will be Obama's Doom.

Come september/october, if unemployement is still at above average highs and gas prices are still over 3.50/gallon, and inflation on food continues on its current track Obama is toast.

If any of those 3 things start looking better so won't obama's chances at re-election.

Fox has it 44-42 Romney
Common sense says it all

You have a good point
Mine was to show media bias as well as agreeing with your thread
16% Undecided is mostly people in my opinion who were strong supporters of the other GOP contenders who Romney used attack adds to defeat
In time they will forget

Fox has it 44-42 Romney
Common sense says it all

As it should be, Obama campaigned on fixing things. He himself said if he couldn't get it done he should only have one term. He didn't fix things, ask those people that have to buy groceries when they haven't worked in 2 years if they are better off. Ask those people that still don't have jobs and aren't even in the Unemployed numbers if they are better off. Ask the real estate agents, appraisers, closing attorneys if they are better off than they were three years ago.

Just because the job was bigger than he thought is no excuse for not doing what he said he was going to do. Yea it was bigger because he had no clue what he was doing. You can organize "communities" but you can apply those same principles to an entire country.

Romney has passed more legislation restricting gun ownership than President Obama has...

It appears Romney hasn't changed his stance on the second amendment. Do you have a link showing his restrictive gun ownership control??

Obama voted yes on a gun control law that was overturned because it was unconstitutional.

Romney signs Assault Weapons Ban

Romney's past statements:

In Massachusetts, where Romney served one term as governor, gun rights are not very popular. And his statements while running for office in Massachusetts in 2002 acknowledged that.

"We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts. I support them. I won't chip away at them. I believe they help protect us and provide for our safety," said Romney.

Eight years earlier, when running for the Senate, Romney supported a bill that imposed a five-day wait for people buying guns.

Hunting for Votes

Yea, did the supreme court hear this case?? Assault weapons are a little different than handguns, however he did what his constituents asked for. He signed the bill they wanted as a representative of "the people".

Obama's gun law was overturned, he pushed through the largest deficit producing legislation in history against the will of the "people". More people are opposed to Obamacare than are for it, the numbers are growing every day. A full 67% are against the individual mandate.

Last edited:

Fox has it 44-42 Romney
Common sense says it all

As it should be, Obama campaigned on fixing things. He himself said if he couldn't get it done he should only have one term. He didn't fix things, ask those people that have to buy groceries when they haven't worked in 2 years if they are better off. Ask those people that still don't have jobs and aren't even in the Unemployed numbers if they are better off. Ask the real estate agents, appraisers, closing attorneys if they are better off than they were three years ago.

Just because the job was bigger than he thought is no excuse for not doing what he said he was going to do. Yea it was bigger because he had no clue what he was doing. You can organize "communities" but you can apply those same principles to an entire country.

Obama took that training and turned it into an agenda
His stimulus was only to establish a new budget base-line

Fox has it 44-42 Romney
Common sense says it all

Come september/october, if unemployement is still at above average highs and gas prices are still over 3.50/gallon, and inflation on food continues on its current track Obama is toast.

If any of those 3 things start looking better so won't obama's chances at re-election.

We'll be lucky if gas isn't $4/g, and since the inflation rate lags fuel price by several months, inflation on food is guaranteed to be huge in November.

It is Jimmy Carter all over again.

It appears Romney hasn't changed his stance on the second amendment. Do you have a link showing his restrictive gun ownership control??

Obama voted yes on a gun control law that was overturned because it was unconstitutional.

In Massachusetts, where Romney served one term as governor, gun rights are not very popular. And his statements while running for office in Massachusetts in 2002 acknowledged that.

"We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts. I support them. I won't chip away at them. I believe they help protect us and provide for our safety," said Romney.

Eight years earlier, when running for the Senate, Romney supported a bill that imposed a five-day wait for people buying guns.

Hunting for Votes

Yea, did the supreme court hear this case?? Assault weapons are a little different than handguns, however he did what his constituents asked for. He signed the bill they wanted as a representative of "the people".

Obama's gun law was overturned, he pushed through the largest deficit producing legislation in history against the will of the "people". More people are opposed to Obamacare than are for it, the number are growing every day. A full 67% are against the individual mandate.

Before signing that Romney also ensured we had a loophole that this ban would only apply to guns and gun parts made AFTER the ban was signed.

I can still get 30 round magazines and all the ammo I want for myPTR, my AR, and my AK.....the magazines just have to be made prior to the ban (the bullets it doesn't matter, they can be brand new) ;)

Hunting for Votes

Obama's gun law was overturned, he pushed through the largest deficit producing legislation in history against the will of the "people". More people are opposed to Obamacare than are for it, the number are growing every day. A full 67% are against the individual mandate.

Before signing that Romney also ensured we had a loophole that this ban would only apply to guns and gun parts made AFTER the ban was signed.

I can still get 30 round magazines and all the ammo I want for myPTR, my AR, and my AK.....the magazines just have to be made prior to the ban (the bullets it doesn't matter, they can be brand new) ;)

I know I feel safer.

:tongue:

I know I feel safer.

:tongue:

Well if SHTF you know who will be able to defend his doom bunker :lol:

Have to wear my bike helmet when posting on these forums:)

I actually had a police officer try to give me a hard time about not having a bike helmet on a few weeks ago.....its a law here I guess :lol:

I asked him if he was seriously going to give me a ticket for it, he said no because he thinks the law is stupid but that someone else might so I should get one asap.

I actually had a police officer try to give me a hard time about not having a bike helmet on a few weeks ago.....its a law here I guess :lol:

I asked him if he was seriously going to give me a ticket for it, he said no because he thinks the law is stupid but that someone else might so I should get one asap.

Around here you have to wear a bike helmet because of all the drivers that simply won't stop for you, even if they are supposed to:)

If you read the bill he signed, he just extended laws all ready in place
Libs have a way of spinning these events into an attack on the person it has nothing to do with

Are we to believe BHO will not go after the 2nd amendment after his live mic event with the Russians?

I can promise Romeny will ask that question more than once, as he should

Around here you have to wear a bike helmet because of all the drivers that simply won't stop for you, even if they are supposed to:)

You ever hear the term "massachussettes driver" They are similar to florida drivers except when our drivers run you over it was inentional and not due to old age :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHdGpMW-IhM&feature=relmfu]Ride Along with a Masshole 1 (Short) - YouTube[/ame]

You ever hear the term "massachussettes driver" They are similar to florida drivers except when our drivers run you over it was inentional and not due to old age :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHdGpMW-IhM&feature=relmfu]Ride Along with a Masshole 1 (Short) - YouTube[/ame]

:) I know all the jokes about the average age of drivers in Florida being like 95, but seriously some of the worst driving I have seen are by people under 30:)

Brian Matthews reported that Romney only used the word "gun" ONCE while he was addressing the NRA.

I wonder why he thought that was significant? Could it possibly be that Brian Matthews is trying to sew discontent among conservative republicans??

How many times should one say, "gun" while addressing the NRA before Brian Matthews feels it is not newsworthy?

Fucking MSM.

How can you address the NRA and only say gun once?

What did he talk about? Condoms?

Forum List

Back