Let the real campaign begin, guns enter the fray

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
Mitt Romney warns NRA against an 'unrestrained' second-term Obama

Romney’s sadly mistaken if he thinks he’s going to get any ‘traction’ from this, this is nothing more than preaching to the choir.

If Romney has any chance of winning, he’ll need a significant number of democrats who voted for Obama to vote for him, and that’s just not gong to happen. And playing the ‘gun card’ is a waste of time.

Democrats and liberals consider Heller/McDonald settled law, ‘gun control’ is a dead issue, a losing issue they won’t touch; it’s no longer a political weapon republicans can use.

Referring specifically to the right to bear arms, Romney said: “If we are going to safeguard our 2nd Amendment, it is time to elect a president who will defend the rights President Obama ignores or minimizes. I will.”

Ignorant nonsense, the Second Amendment is now an issue for the courts to address, a president has no way of directly impacting the issue one way or the other. And new threats to Second Amendment rights come from state and local jurisdictions, not the Federal government.

Mitt Romney warns NRA against an 'unrestrained' second-term Obama

Romney’s sadly mistaken if he thinks he’s going to get any ‘traction’ from this, this is nothing more than preaching to the choir.

If Romney has any chance of winning, he’ll need a significant number of democrats who voted for Obama to vote for him, and that’s just not gong to happen. And playing the ‘gun card’ is a waste of time.

Democrats and liberals consider Heller/McDonald settled law, ‘gun control’ is a dead issue, a losing issue they won’t touch; it’s no longer a political weapon republicans can use.

Referring specifically to the right to bear arms, Romney said: “If we are going to safeguard our 2nd Amendment, it is time to elect a president who will defend the rights President Obama ignores or minimizes. I will.”

Ignorant nonsense, the Second Amendment is now an issue for the courts to address, a president has no way of directly impacting the issue one way or the other. And new threats to Second Amendment rights come from state and local jurisdictions, not the Federal government.

It is not like there are events that really have occured. I think what Romney is doing is wooing his base that he upset

Well he did vote yes on the Illinois hand gun ban. The one that was overturned, you know it was "unconstitutional". So yea, he's all about protecting the second amendment.

Brian Matthews reported that Romney only used the word "gun" ONCE while he was addressing the NRA.

I wonder why he thought that was significant? Could it possibly be that Brian Matthews is trying to sew discontent among conservative republicans??

How many times should one say, "gun" while addressing the NRA before Brian Matthews feels it is not newsworthy?

Fucking MSM.

Obama getting caught on a live Mic with the Russians opened this door. Romney has a good point
As the path devolps, in time this will become the reason as to why

"if he is to deal with russians after the election, what else will he do" something like that
Legitimate

Romney has passed more legislation restricting gun ownership than President Obama has...

It appears Romney hasn't changed his stance on the second amendment. Do you have a link showing his restrictive gun ownership control??

Obama voted yes on a gun control law that was overturned because it was unconstitutional.

Romney has passed more legislation restricting gun ownership than President Obama has...

It appears Romney hasn't changed his stance on the second amendment. Do you have a link showing his restrictive gun ownership control??

Obama voted yes on a gun control law that was overturned because it was unconstitutional.

Every-time they are not honest, we need to catch and correct
Thank you

Romney signs Assault Weapons Ban

Romney's past statements:

In Massachusetts, where Romney served one term as governor, gun rights are not very popular. And his statements while running for office in Massachusetts in 2002 acknowledged that.

"We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts. I support them. I won't chip away at them. I believe they help protect us and provide for our safety," said Romney.

Eight years earlier, when running for the Senate, Romney supported a bill that imposed a five-day wait for people buying guns.

Hunting for Votes

Romney signs Assault Weapons Ban

Romney's past statements:

In Massachusetts, where Romney served one term as governor, gun rights are not very popular. And his statements while running for office in Massachusetts in 2002 acknowledged that.

"We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts. I support them. I won't chip away at them. I believe they help protect us and provide for our safety," said Romney.

Eight years earlier, when running for the Senate, Romney supported a bill that imposed a five-day wait for people buying guns.

Hunting for Votes

More liberal spin
Did you read the link?
You might want to, I agree that we do not need MAC-10s on the street
and
it only prevented the laws in place from expiring

OMG a governor of a very liberal state that actually followed the will of the people in that state!

Color me shocked.

Mitt Romney warns NRA against an 'unrestrained' second-term Obama - latimes.com
Russia event caught on live mic, could be the same here as far as an agenda that has been in waiting
oh yea, had a post to this earlier
Fox News poll bucks across board trend by showing Romney marginally ahead of Obama - Yahoo! News India
ABC post has it 51-44 BHO (not even close, no way only 5% undecided)
Rasnussen has it 42-41 BHO (BHO approval about the same, I see this accurate)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tinph1gbU0]2012 NRA Celebration of American Values Leadership Forum - Mitt Romney - YouTube[/ame]

He had a great speech!

Irrelevant..

Romney will be the Republican candidate, and all conservatives will vote for him over Obama.

Oh, without a doubt...but will they hold their noses doing it? That never bodes well for the candidate in question.

Both candidates will have consituants holding their noses.

It is The American Way.

OMG a governor of a very liberal state that actually followed the will of the people in that state!

Color me shocked.

Other than Romneycare I agreed with everything else Romney did as my governor. He was good, balanced my budget, and lowered state fees and taxes on me personally in his time here, and i make under 6 figures.

Irrelevant..

Romney will be the Republican candidate, and all conservatives will vote for him over Obama.

Oh, without a doubt...but will they hold their noses doing it? That never bodes well for the candidate in question.

There will be allot more Dems voting for him than is being stated
You cannot have an approval rating in the low 40s and at the same time have 51% voting for you as ABC/Post poll claims

Fox has it 44-42 Romney
Rasmussen has it 42-41 BHO
Common sense says it all

Approval ratings running neck and neck with these polls, accurate and un spun

Forum List

Back