Let the propaganda and fear-mongering begin!

CharlestonChad

Baller Deluxe
Jul 2, 2006
Charleston, SC
We were fooled once with Iraq (sorta twice), almost in North Korea, and now the bush admin. is working on the third attempt at getting this country to rise in arms against another non-threat. I truly wonder how stupid some people must be to not be able to see how the government wants us to forget about the failed war in Iraq by making up new "threats to freedom". Terrorism only exists if you allow yourself to be convinced that it exists.

We were fooled once with Iraq (sorta twice), almost in North Korea, and now the bush admin. is working on the third attempt at getting this country to rise in arms against another non-threat. I truly wonder how stupid some people must be to not be able to see how the government wants us to forget about the failed war in Iraq by making up new "threats to freedom". Terrorism only exists if you allow yourself to be convinced that it exists.

Great 'Hail Mary.' :eusa_clap: Now how about more specifics to respond to? :badgrin:

Maybe you want to ask the families of the 250 people who were taken hostage in Iran and held for almost 2 yrs in 1979..
and of all our military barracks bombed in Africa and the bombings in Bali and the first trade center bombing, the Oklahoma Meir building bombing, all our embassy's bombed over seas, the USS Cole bombing, airplanes HIJACKED.......................9/11

Yea...terrorism is just a figment of "YOUR IMAGIMATION"..

But some of us live.........IN THE REAL WORLD..

OR...maybe you weren't born to see ALL THOSE...or maybe you just have your head up your....in the sand...:shock:

Maybe you want to ask the families of the 250 people who were taken hostage in Iran and held for almost 2 yrs in 1979..
and of all our military barracks bombed in Africa and the bombings in Bali and the first trade center bombing, the Oklahoma Meir building bombing, all our embassy's bombed over seas, the USS Cole bombing, airplanes HIJACKED.......................9/11

OR...maybe you weren't born to see ALL THOSE...or maybe you just have your head up your....in the sand...:shock:

or mabey you do ?

Former Reagan Official: Bush May Stage False Flag Events To ...Former Reagan Official: Bush May Stage False Flag Events To Reinstate Draft ... the Bush administration could be about to stage false flag events and terror ...
mrspickles.wordpress.com/.../18/former-reagan-official-bush-may-stage-false-flag-events-to-reinstate-draft/ - 36k

And some of us actually assess threats rationally and don't run about flailing their arms and making absurd decisions based on fear and 30 year old grudges. :shock:

This would be hilarious if not for the fact your defending the idea that somehow we are not at war with a global terrorist threat aimed right at us.

I wait with bated breath for your sudden turn around if and when Hillary tells you in 2009 the war is real. Suddenly all the "evil" government pronouncements will be enlightened. The war will be "just" and the "intel" perfect. Gitmo will just be a Naval base again and troop rotations in and out of Iraq just the normal business of a "just" battle to save an ally.

Iran will suddenly actually be working on a nuclear bomb and any action taken by Hillary will be the "right" thing to do. he exact same people all will still be working in all the intel agencies, all the Government agencies , law enforcement and the military, but suddenly they will "know" the truth.

When the Patriot act is renewed and Hillary signs it, it will be a necassary bill designed to protect us from enemies and of course you will suddenly remember the built in end date. When Hillary allows all the supposed evil actions of Bush to stand and makes them even tougher, it will be OK cause she is just "protecting" us.

This would be hilarious if not for the fact your defending the idea that somehow we are not at war with a global terrorist threat aimed right at us.

I wait with bated breath for your sudden turn around if and when Hillary tells you in 2009 the war is real. Suddenly all the "evil" government pronouncements will be enlightened. The war will be "just" and the "intel" perfect. Gitmo will just be a Naval base again and troop rotations in and out of Iraq just the normal business of a "just" battle to save an ally.

Iran will suddenly actually be working on a nuclear bomb and any action taken by Hillary will be the "right" thing to do. he exact same people all will still be working in all the intel agencies, all the Government agencies , law enforcement and the military, but suddenly they will "know" the truth.

When the Patriot act is renewed and Hillary signs it, it will be a necassary bill designed to protect us from enemies and of course you will suddenly remember the built in end date. When Hillary allows all the supposed evil actions of Bush to stand and makes them even tougher, it will be OK cause she is just "protecting" us.

well your scenario on who has been selected to win the presidency is correct as is how she will play it but i don't think anyone is going to be happy eating their shitcake just because its got new icing ,right left whatever i feel the majority of people are fed up

I doubt many of those families want to go to war with iran for something that happened over a quarter century ago.

and of all our military barracks bombed in Africa and the bombings in Bali and the first trade center bombing,

That was done by Sunni fundamentalists - Al Qaeda - not by iranian shia or their allies. Sunnis consider the shia their blood enemy.

the Oklahoma Meir building bombing,

That was domestic rightwing terrorism. What's that got to do with iran?

all our embassy's bombed over seas, the USS Cole bombing, airplanes HIJACKED.......................9/11

Again, sunni fundamentalists, funded by saudis and other sunni arabs in the gulf states. Iran and the iranian shia had nothing to do with it.

You appear to either be confused, or completely misinformed. Iran had nothing to do with the litany of attacks you cited. Your certainly should become more informed, and learn not to conflate all terrorists and all threats under the same simplistic banner as the "WOT". Its a wiser and more prudent use of resources, to focus on real threats to us, and not to shadow box phantom or less worrisome threats. Modern iran has never invaded or attacked another nation state. Do they support some terrorist by regional terrorists against israel? Yes. Israel is quite capable of defending itself. And israel responds in kind, by supporting anti-iranian kurdish terrorists in the kurd territories of iran.

Iran is certainly a country that is a rouge state. Its certainly ruled by some theocratic knobheads. It is something to be managed, and dealt with. But, they had nothing to do with the attacks you cited. In fact, they have little to no real connection to sunni jihadiists; the ones who are attacking us.

I can just hear you now beating this drum on Dec 6, 1941, or Sep 10, 2001.:rolleyes:

Ya, b/c none of those incidents arose from as a result from our past foreign policy:wtf: lol. My point went completely over your head, which is okay. Hopefully it won't go over the heads of voters, b/c I think Americans are finally seeing the the shit in the sunshine that our government defines as terrorism.

Ya, b/c none of those incidents arose from as a result from our past foreign policy:wtf: lol. My point went completely over your head, which is okay. Hopefully it won't go over the heads of voters, b/c I think Americans are finally seeing the the shit in the sunshine that our government defines as terrorism.

Do explain HOW the people you are hoping will finally "see" what you want with their heads buried in the sand waiting for their asses to get shot off ...

MY MY MY, you "DO" make a lot of unfounded assumptions, don't you???

And you think failing to distinguish between Arab groups, not understanding the differences between Shi'a and Sunni, flailing blindly with hate at anyone who is muslim... is the way to deal with the "global war on terrorism".

There is no such thing as a global war on Terrorism. There are wars against countries. If WWII had been a "global war on Fascism", we'd still be fighting.

What people have to undestand is the terrorists don't have armies. You don't use an army to fight them. Yes, you make targeted strikes agains their centers, but you don't wage war against their countries any more than you would expect someone to wage war against this country because we "harbor" terrorists.... (and by that I mean we have groups, cells, pockets of terrorists.... you think we should be blown up for that?).

So, yes, by all means assess threats and deal with them. But stupidly, blindly and irrationally striking out at anyone and everyone who is muslim (except saudi arabia and quatar and abu d'abi, of course, cause they're [incomprehensibly] our buds) advances no interest of the people of this country... though it does put a lot of money into haliburton, blackwater, and all the other companies that are going to benefit from your guys stripping our resources and privatizing everything.

And you think failing to distinguish between Arab groups, not understanding the differences between Shi'a and Sunni, flailing blindly with hate at anyone who is muslim... is the way to deal with the "global war on terrorism".

There is no such thing as a global war on Terrorism. There are wars against countries. If WWII had been a "global war on Fascism", we'd still be fighting.

What people have to undestand is the terrorists don't have armies. You don't use an army to fight them. Yes, you make targeted strikes agains their centers, but you don't wage war against their countries any more than you would expect someone to wage war against this country because we "harbor" terrorists.... (and by that I mean we have groups, cells, pockets of terrorists.... you think we should be blown up for that?).

So, yes, by all means assess threats and deal with them. But stupidly, blindly and irrationally striking out at anyone and everyone who is muslim (except saudi arabia and quatar and abu d'abi, of course, cause they're [incomprehensibly] our buds) advances no interest of the people of this country... though it does put a lot of money into haliburton, blackwater, and all the other companies that are going to benefit from your guys stripping our resources and privatizing everything.

None of that happened. And YES you do identify enemy states and you do what ever it takes to shut them down. Terrorists do not exist in some vacuum. They are given training facilities, money arms and materials by COUNTRIES. Any Country that harbors a threat to us needs to understand the consequences may be out right WAR.

The war on terror is NOT a police action. It is not a law enforcement issue, except inside and at our borders. That you can not fathom that is why we may lose.

And like it or not WE ARE AT WAR with at least a large segment of the Muslim religion. We have not blindly done anything. Ohh and can you point us to any pograms of muslims inside this country or any other western nation? Tired ignorant red herring designed to throw smoke.

And I notice you did not deny that when Hillary continues all the Bush initiatives you won't be in the streets calling her a liar or retard.

None of that happened. And YES you do identify enemy states and you do what ever it takes to shut them down. Terrorists do not exist in some vacuum. They are given training facilities, money arms and materials by COUNTRIES. Any Country that harbors a threat to us needs to understand the consequences may be out right WAR.

The war on terror is NOT a police action. It is not a law enforcement issue, except inside and at our borders. That you can not fathom that is why we may lose.

And like it or not WE ARE AT WAR with at least a large segment of the Muslim religion. We have not blindly done anything. Ohh and can you point us to any pograms of muslims inside this country or any other western nation? Tired ignorant red herring designed to throw smoke.

And I notice you did not deny that when Hillary continues all the Bush initiatives you won't be in the streets calling her a liar or retard.
It is about predominately Muslim majority countries, but new actors are also entering the arena, not necessarily through terrorism, though by their actions they hope to keep US tied up. That would be primarily China and Russia. Then there is Africa and South/Central America, while certainly not on the scale of China and Russia, are being courted and/or jockeying for positions with differing spheres of influence. So too in the Asia, sides are being chosen, though the ties are not strong, yet.

The world is reconfiguring politically and it's not really clear where all the actors will fall. The one thing I'm sure of, the UN will not be able to care for this. Perhaps some leaders will arise in US, Europe or Asia that will find some way out of what appears to be happening, but there isn't a lot historically to put much hope in that.

What is also clear is that the reconfiguration of world politics requires that we make intelligent assessments and have leadership who can see six moves ahead on the chess board. It doesn't help us that for the past 7 years, while all of these changes have been occurring, our "leaders" have been blindly dogmatic, xenophobic, arrogant, heavy-handed and disingenuous.

What is also clear is that the reconfiguration of world politics requires that we make intelligent assessments and have leadership who can see six moves ahead on the chess board. It doesn't help us that for the past 7 years, while all of these changes have been occurring, our "leaders" have been blindly dogmatic, xenophobic, arrogant, heavy-handed and disingenuous.

Provide evidence of your claim. Particularly provide evidence of lies told and xenophobia. I mean you can start by showing how our indigenous muslim population is being treated so poorly. Or how those Arab muslim ( and non arab Muslim) countries working to curb terrorism are being attacked by the Xenophobia of our Government.

Truly, the electorate and politics in general have caused many of the missteps of 'leaders' from both sides of the aisle in the past 9 years. Before 9/11, both Clinton and Bush willfully ignored the threats, wanting to truly become more focused domestically, blindly turning their eyes from what should have been a time of warning to the people, much like FDR did from '38-'41.

While wishing to paint just the administrations failures as you see them as the cause of all 'wrongs', you ignore the leadership of your party; first as a minority, later as majority of the legislature; to heal the growing fissures occurring within the country, every bit as willful as what you see as the actions of the administration. Whether speaking of 'practical reasons' for voting for Iraq as MM has argued, to the disingenuous calls for impeachments or conscription; refusal to approve nominations that should not have been controversial but would help get the government working; heck they even attacked someone like Lieberman, their own vice-presidential nominee in 2000.

There are real reasons to worry about what are threats not only to the US, but throughout the world. Yet the government and the people within our country, appear to want to basically destroy nearly half of our own. Something is very wrong and it's not all the fault of the politicians.

Here we go...

Main Entry:
xe·no·pho·bia Listen to the pronunciation of xenophobia
Pronunciation:
\ˌze-nə-ˈfō-bē-ə, ˌzē-\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
New Latin
Date:

: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia

Now I will have to make a few assumptions on what you meant by the word.

I assume you mean fear of either Muslims or Arabs. Or both.

Ok , lets see, we have a sizable Arab and Muslim population in the US. Provide us with examples of how Bush has exersized this fear over them.

We have Arab and Arab Muslim and Muslim Allies. Provide us with some examples of how Bush has exersized this fear over them.

Of course the very fact we have Arab Muslim allies belies your use of the word completely. Further the fact we SUPPORT openly with arms training supplies and money several LARGE Muslim Countries bot Arab and non Arab begs the question, how does this word fit? We even support Egypt's bid to make nuclear power plants.

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to explain this at all. I suspect as usual you will simply ignore your poor choice of words.

Forum List

Back