Let the people decide

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
The MPs who will - and won't - seek to block Brexit

A week after the High Court's Article 50 ruling, Brexit's opponents are gathering their forces. The Liberal Democrats have pledged not to trigger EU withdrawal unless the government promises a referendum on the eventual deal. "So my position is very clear ... the people are sovereign," declared Tim Farron. Though no Brexiter will admit as much, one reason they oppose a second referendum is the risk it could be lost. The public narrowly voted to Leave in June but that offer may appear less tempting without the accompanying promise of £350m a week for the NHS and an end to VAT on fuel bills. Indeed, voters are instead likely to face the prospect of continued EU budget contributions in return for some degree of single market access.

I am no fan of Mr Farron but he has hit the nail firmly on the head. Let the people approve the terms and show a real democratic intent.

The devil is always in the detail and the brexit case,shorn of its lies, will crumble when exposed to the bright light of scrutiny.

Thats why they are running scared of little Gina Miller.

A week after the High Court's Article 50 ruling, Brexit's opponents are gathering their forces. The Liberal Democrats have pledged not to trigger EU withdrawal unless the government promises a referendum on the eventual deal. "So my position is very clear ... the people are sovereign," declared Tim Farron. Though no Brexiter will admit as much, one reason they oppose a second referendum is the risk it could be lost. The public narrowly voted to Leave in June but that offer may appear less tempting without the accompanying promise of £350m a week for the NHS and an end to VAT on fuel bills. Indeed, voters are instead likely to face the prospect of continued EU budget contributions in return for some degree of single market access.

I am no fan of Mr Farron but he has hit the nail firmly on the head. Let the people approve the terms and show a real democratic intent.

The devil is always in the detail and the brexit case,shorn of its lies, will crumble when exposed to the bright light of scrutiny.

And haven't the people already decided what they wanted, and voted to leave the EU. But project fear does not want that as they will have to pay full wages to their workers. The vote was cast and that is the end of the story, unless you want our government to constantly hold referendums on every subject they debate until there is no money left run the country.
Do we defend against the attacks from Russia We need to hold a referendum in 6 months time to decide
Do we stockpile medication to combat the virulent epidemic killing 74% of the population We need to hold a referendum next year
Do we disagree with the results of the last referendum We need to hold a referendum to decide what we should do

All you lot want is costly referendums after costly referendums until you get the result you want, and if it is a majority of 1 vote you will be screeching about winning the battle. And then claiming it is sour grapes when Brexit demands a re vote because the majority is less than 30%

AS YOU SAY THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAIL AND PROJECT FEAR HAS A HISTORY OF LIES BEHIND THEM AND HAVE ALREADY CRUMBLED BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN OUTED. WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR BEFORE GLOATING AS ONCE ARTICKE 50 IS ENABLED YOU HAVE LOST AND WILL EITHER NEED TO PACK YOUR BAGS AND GO OR SHUT UP AND STAY.

They already DID decide silly boy. You lost.

Britain lost. Why do you object to more democracy ? Do you consider all the lies told should not be exposed ?
If the referendum was run again,shorn of lies, people would vote en masse to stay in. Thats why they are frothing, they can see it slipping away.

Britain lost. Why do you object to more democracy ? Do you consider all the lies told should not be exposed ?
If the referendum was run again,shorn of lies, people would vote en masse to stay in. Thats why they are frothing, they can see it slipping away.

No project fear lost, and you cant live with the loss of face. Britain won and you want to usurp democracy as a result. Would you accept another vote if the next one went against Brexit, or would you claim it was fair even if the majority was less than 1000 votes.
Another lie that you will not be able to substantiate as you have no actual evidence to back it up. The fact is you lost and now you are worried you might have to move to Europe because of threats/promises you made.

WE ARE LEAVING EUROPE AND YOU NEED TO GET OVER YOUR FUNK

"more" democracy? The British people losing the ability for self determination, suborning their Rights to a entity on the continent, who does not have their interests in mind? That sort of "democracy"? Where the elite ram laws down the throats of those who can ill afford them? That sort? You need to wake up dude.

"more" democracy? The British people losing the ability for self determination, suborning their Rights to a entity on the continent, who does not have their interests in mind? That sort of "democracy"? Where the elite ram laws down the throats of those who can ill afford them? That sort? You need to wake up dude.
Tell me which laws you are referring to .

Poor, poor taint. You really ARE stupid, aren't you.....

"The House of Commons Library, the Prime Minister's favourite source, threw their hands up in defeat.

In a follow-up blog, they admitted it was "possible to justify" any figure between 15% and 55% , and the real answer lies somewhere in between.

"The limitations of data make it impossible to achieve an accurate measure", they sighed."

How many UK laws REALLY come from the EU? Why David Cameron's claim is wrong

"The House of Commons Library, the Prime Minister's favourite source, threw their hands up in defeat.

In a follow-up blog, they admitted it was "possible to justify" any figure between 15% and 55% , and the real answer lies somewhere in between.

"The limitations of data make it impossible to achieve an accurate measure", they sighed."

Show me one, just one, law that oppresses me.

Yeah, I understand it. So long as your existence in your moms basement is not disturbed you don't care. We get it. Selfish infants like you are too myopic to understand the whole wide world around you. I suggest you get out of your moms basement and actually travel, and see the world. You might learn something. Though I doubt it...

"The best-known example is our fishing industry – although, even in this case, I doubt that most people are aware of the full extent of the damage. Britain used to enjoy fishing areas that extended up to 200 miles from our coast. Under the terms under which we joined the EU, this distance was reduced to just 12 miles – and even that has depended on a concession that has to be renewed every 10 years. The biggest effect on this once-great industry was in the early years. But even now, the damage continues. British landings of fish were down to 756,000 tonnes in 2014 – a 19 per cent decline since 1998. We have lost access to fishing sales that would otherwise now be worth £2 billion a year. And the EU rules are crass and wasteful into the bargain, with thousands of tonnes of fish being discarded – just thrown away. As if this were not bad enough, we have to donate British taxpayers’ money to other fishing countries – particularly Greece and Poland."

The EU has destroyed some of our most prosperous industries - and will continue to do so

Just out of curiosity, why, Oh Tainted One, do you feel those elected by the people should ignore the results of the people's election?

It might seem your concept would require parliament to be composed of those who lost elections. Oh, maybe that's why you feel that way, loser?

So you want to just keep voting on something till your side wins? I bet then you would shout NO MORE votes the people have spoken.

VAT on all fuel at 20% for starters

15% surcharge on fuel to pay for green energy

open borders with no control over eviction of criminals

Forced to accept the rest of the EU dictating who we can trade with and to what extent

No control over our judicial system and forced to release dangerous violent criminals back on the streets.

Forcing you to pay 35% "tax" on your heating costs so the rest of Europe can have cheaper fuel

Yeah, I understand it. So long as your existence in your moms basement is not disturbed you don't care. We get it. Selfish infants like you are too myopic to understand the whole wide world around you. I suggest you get out of your moms basement and actually travel, and see the world. You might learn something. Though I doubt it...

"The best-known example is our fishing industry – although, even in this case, I doubt that most people are aware of the full extent of the damage. Britain used to enjoy fishing areas that extended up to 200 miles from our coast. Under the terms under which we joined the EU, this distance was reduced to just 12 miles – and even that has depended on a concession that has to be renewed every 10 years. The biggest effect on this once-great industry was in the early years. But even now, the damage continues. British landings of fish were down to 756,000 tonnes in 2014 – a 19 per cent decline since 1998. We have lost access to fishing sales that would otherwise now be worth £2 billion a year. And the EU rules are crass and wasteful into the bargain, with thousands of tonnes of fish being discarded – just thrown away. As if this were not bad enough, we have to donate British taxpayers’ money to other fishing countries – particularly Greece and Poland."

The EU has destroyed some of our most prosperous industries - and will continue to do so
ZZZZ. All countries have had their quotas reduced due to depleted fish stocks. this is a pain for the trawlermen but is in the long term interests of everyone.

The story about discards is bollocks.

The Fish Fight Story

Incidentally that nazi slag was on the fishery committee and represented british fishermen by failing to attend any of its meetings.

Now show me a law that oppresses me.

ZZZZ. All countries have had their quotas reduced due to depleted fish stocks. this is a pain for the trawlermen but is in the long term interests of everyone.

The Fish Fight Story

Incidentally that nazi slag was on the fishery committee and represented british fishermen by failing to attend any of its meetings.

They all oppress you silly boy. They just don't oppress infants as much as adults because infants are still being taken care of by their parents. So the infant (you) doesn't realize the cost that their parents are paying. It's pretty simple. When you grow up, and get an education you will understand. Or not. Depends on how intellectually challenged you are.

The Fish Fight Story

They all oppress you silly boy. They just don't oppress infants as much as adults because infants are still being taken care of by their parents. So the infant (you) doesn't realize the cost that their parents are paying. It's pretty simple. When you grow up, and get an education you will understand. Or not. Depends on how intellectually challenged you are.
Take your time you thick fucker. Im in no hurry.

"British fishermen would face considerably worsened prospects outside the EU. First, the UK would lose or have to pay for fishing rights in North Norwegian waters that are largely acquired by transfers to Norway from other EU states’ fishing allocations. Second, tariff free access for fish exports to the EU market (worth £950 million in 2015) would be at risk. Finally, the UK’s absence from EU policy making could result in weaker conservation policy, which would harm stocks shared with the UK. "

UK fishermen would be worse off outside the EU

The Fish Fight Story

Only because the Europeans raped the seas and took immature fish in their billions. This is why quotas and size limits were introduced in the first place, to stop the landing of undersize fish used as fertiliser and fish meal. The boats then sold their catch to Russian mother ships and landed only a fraction of what they caught. I know because I worked part time on a boat gill netting for bass. A size limit of 14 inches was brought in because French and Spanish boats were landing 6 inch fish for the French and Spanish restaurants trade who wanted to present full fish on a plate and not fillets.
Discards are a fact as I have seen 100 tons of fish dumped dead in the sea because they were undersize and/or over quota. Nets are not able to discriminate between cod and haddock so catch them both, hit your quota for cod and you discard or dump fish that could be sold. They did try to discriminate fish by telling them not to get caught by boats already on quota, but they appealed to the ECHR.

Want the truth go to a fishing port and look at the boats, I have seen 6 boats get destroyed and their license sold at auction to European skippers by the same person who made his fortune in just 18 months because of stupid EU laws.

And your link states that DISCARDS are a fact and over 50% of fish caught were thrown back dead to rot down. Iceland has the right idea when it banned net fishing in certain areas to preserve fish stocks. I could go out and catch 20 medium codling of around 4lbs any night from October to March, I have not landed a cod for over 10 years due to the rape of our sea by European boats. We had one come into the bay and trawl right up to the high water mark for what ever he could get, destroyed the grounds and released poisons into the water of a well known British Surf hotspot.

ONCE AGAIN YOU LIE TO PROTECT PROJECT FEAR LEADERS AND GIVE THEM EVEN MORE MONEY.

The Fish Fight Story

Take your time you thick fucker. Im in no hurry.

I gave the laws that oppress you and you are too thick to realise they do

Forum List

Back