LET THE BOYCOTT BEGIN!

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
I just saw this commercial and my first reaction was, "Whoa, this is going to get some peoples panties in a bunch..."

Do you realize how many products you'd have to avoid in order to successfully boycott the Campbell's company?

No fewer than twenty (though more than a couple of those are in Europe) and that doesn't include the service the company supplies for school cafeterias...

I WISH my mother were a lesbian ...

In other news ... This is better than 99.9% of commercials I've seen in the US.

I just saw this commercial and my first reaction was, "Whoa, this is going to get some peoples panties in a bunch..."

Do you realize how many products you'd have to avoid in order to successfully boycott the Campbell's company?

No fewer than twenty (though more than a couple of those are in Europe) and that doesn't include the service the company supplies for school cafeterias...

It's nice that they decided to target 3% of the population.

They're not "targeting" gay people, they're targeting the vast majority of Americans who aren't deathly afraid of gay people.

They're not "targeting" gay people, they're targeting the vast majority of Americans who aren't deathly afraid of gay people.

They're not "targeting" gay people,

Why not?

They're not "targeting" gay people,

Why not?

Why are you choosing to respond only to an out-of-context sentence fragment from my post, rather than the whole thing?

If it makes it clearer to you, think of that sentence fragment as "They're not just "targeting" gay people".

Only one of those men could be his father. Not both. I don't see the point in Campbell's soup pushing that lifestyle. They didn't need to show two men. They could have let the gay father be with the boy alone and not show the other man.

Only one of those men could be his father. Not both. I don't see the point in Campbell's soup pushing that lifestyle. They didn't need to show two men. They could have let the gay father be with the boy alone and not show the other man.

You should write to the parent company and tell them that.

Poor kid.

So when will you start the boycott?

I don't eat the crap anyway.

You don't purchase any products by the parent company? Are you sure?

Our Brands

First off, I never said I would boycott, I said I don't eat their soup anyway. As far as their other products I'm sure I purchase some of them. And anyway, this isn't something I would boycott a product over in the first place.

By the way, just saw the commercial here at the beginning of MNF.

Forum List

Back