Let the APOLOGIES CONTINUE

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
CNSNews.com) – Urging India not to emulate America’s “mistakes,” Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at the weekend accepted responsibility on behalf of the U.S. and other developed nations for contributing towards climate change.

“We acknowledge – now with President Obama – that we have made mistakes in the United States, and we along with other developed countries have contributed most significantly to the problem that we face with climate change,” Clinton said in Mumbai, India.

“We are hoping a great country like India will not make the same mistakes,” she added.

CNSNews.com - Clinton Accepts Blame for ‘Global Warming’ Role, Ponders Link Between Climate Change and Family Planning

Let the apology tour continue, and the Gobal Warming marketing efforts on behalf of this nation keep up the good work. Where to begin with this one, first of all to go to India who builds coal fired plants at a rate of around 1 every two weeks, and has ZERO intention of following the cap and trade scam that we are proposing and then apologize for it shows how utterly unqualified this Administration is on matters of foreign affiars. I will chalk this one up as one more on the US world apology tour that the current Administration is on which will lead to their ultimate goal of our nation becomming the 3rd world nation that wish it to be.

This has already been posted Navy. It's not an apology unless you can point me to the words I'm sorry? It's merely saying we hope India does not follow the same mistakes we made.

Two totally different things.

Commerce Secretary Gary Locke said something amazing—U.S. consumers should pay for part of Chinese greenhouse-gas emissions. From Reuters:

“It’s important that those who consume the products being made all around the world to the benefit of America — and it’s our own consumption activity that’s causing the emission of greenhouse gases, then quite frankly Americans need to pay for that,” Commerce Secretary Gary Locke told the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Commerce Secretary: America needs to pay for China’s emissions

blameamercia-tn.jpg

apol·o·gy
Pronunciation:\ə-ˈpä-lə-jē\
Function:noun
Inflected Form(s):plural apol·o·gies
Etymology:Middle French or Late Latin; Middle French apologie, from Late Latin apologia, from Greek, from apo- + logos speech — more at legend
Date:1533
1 a: a formal justification : defense b: excuse 2a
2: an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret <a public apology>
3: a poor substitute : makeshift

We acknowledge &#8211; now with President Obama &#8211; that we have made mistakes in the United States, and we along with other developed countries have contributed most significantly to the problem that we face with climate change,&#8221; Admission

&#8220;We are hoping a great country like India will not make the same mistakes" Expression

Don't know how to make it any more clear for you Robert an apology is an apology not matter how you slice it. As for being a duplicate thread.. I assume it will be merged into the other one eventually once seen, but when created this was the only one at the time.

We made mistakes of commission. The evidence for what we are doing was definate enough by the early '80s that we should have started down the road to alteratives and energy independence then. We have made mistakes of omission. Had we done that then, we could be selling the rest of the world wind turbines, thermal solar plants, photovoltaics, and geothermal plants.

As far as this is an apology for failure to recognize the obvious, that is a good thing. Dealing with India and China continueing to increase their emmissions of GHGs, that can be addressed by tariffs on goods they wish to sell to countries that are reducing their emmissions.

Commerce Secretary Gary Locke said something amazing—U.S. consumers should pay for part of Chinese greenhouse-gas emissions. From Reuters:

“It’s important that those who consume the products being made all around the world to the benefit of America — and it’s our own consumption activity that’s causing the emission of greenhouse gases, then quite frankly Americans need to pay for that,” Commerce Secretary Gary Locke told the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Commerce Secretary: America needs to pay for China’s emissions

blameamercia-tn.jpg

unfuckingbelievable innit? :cuckoo:

Not one shred of credible evidence that CO2 causes increased temperatures. In fact historically CO2 increases FOLLOW increased temperature.

CNSNews.com) &#8211; Urging India not to emulate America&#8217;s &#8220;mistakes,&#8221; Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at the weekend accepted responsibility on behalf of the U.S. and other developed nations for contributing towards climate change.

&#8220;We acknowledge &#8211; now with President Obama &#8211; that we have made mistakes in the United States, and we along with other developed countries have contributed most significantly to the problem that we face with climate change,&#8221; Clinton said in Mumbai, India.

&#8220;We are hoping a great country like India will not make the same mistakes,&#8221; she added.

CNSNews.com - Clinton Accepts Blame for â&#8364;&#732;Global Warmingâ&#8364;&#8482; Role, Ponders Link Between Climate Change and Family Planning

Let the apology tour continue, and the Gobal Warming marketing efforts on behalf of this nation keep up the good work. Where to begin with this one, first of all to go to India who builds coal fired plants at a rate of around 1 every two weeks, and has ZERO intention of following the cap and trade scam that we are proposing and then apologize for it shows how utterly unqualified this Administration is on matters of foreign affiars. I will chalk this one up as one more on the US world apology tour that the current Administration is on which will lead to their ultimate goal of our nation becomming the 3rd world nation that wish it to be.

So "America" a concept with which Her Thighness has nothing in common, is responsible for an ethereal leftist myth? All we did was tolerate the losers...

I suppose on some level she's right... we didn't stand up with Joe McCarthy and shut the communist SOB's down... and now we're paying the price.

While we're at it, we should send out a great big American apology to Senator Joseph McCarthy... it turns out he was right after all...

Go figure...

Last edited:
Not one shred of credible evidence that CO2 causes increased temperatures. In fact historically CO2 increases FOLLOW increased temperature.

Sarge, you wouldn't recognize scientific evidence if you were hit in the face with it. The evidence has been in since 1896. And idiots like you will deny it no matter what reality does to you.

CNSNews.com) – Urging India not to emulate America’s “mistakes,” Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at the weekend accepted responsibility on behalf of the U.S. and other developed nations for contributing towards climate change.

“We acknowledge – now with President Obama – that we have made mistakes in the United States, and we along with other developed countries have contributed most significantly to the problem that we face with climate change,” Clinton said in Mumbai, India.

“We are hoping a great country like India will not make the same mistakes,” she added.

CNSNews.com - Clinton Accepts Blame for ‘Global Warming’ Role, Ponders Link Between Climate Change and Family Planning

So "America" a concept with which Her Thighness has nothing in common, is responsible for an ethereal leftist myth? All we did was tolerate the losers...

I suppose on some level she's right... we didn't stand up with Joe McCarthy and shut the communist SOB's down... and now we're paying the price.

While we're at it, we should send out a great big American apology to Senator Joseph McCarthy... it turns out he was right after all...

Go figure...

Yes, I propose we all apologize to Ol' "Tail Gunner" Joe by all going and pissing on his grave. Unless one feels like doing something more substancial.

CNSNews.com) &#8211; Urging India not to emulate America&#8217;s &#8220;mistakes,&#8221; Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at the weekend accepted responsibility on behalf of the U.S. and other developed nations for contributing towards climate change.

&#8220;We acknowledge &#8211; now with President Obama &#8211; that we have made mistakes in the United States, and we along with other developed countries have contributed most significantly to the problem that we face with climate change,&#8221; Clinton said in Mumbai, India.

&#8220;We are hoping a great country like India will not make the same mistakes,&#8221; she added.

CNSNews.com - Clinton Accepts Blame for â&#8364;&#732;Global Warmingâ&#8364;&#8482; Role, Ponders Link Between Climate Change and Family Planning

Go figure...

Yes, I propose we all apologize to Ol' "Tail Gunner" Joe by all going and pissing on his grave. Unless one feels like doing something more substancial.

Such as what? Learning to spell?

Last edited:

ROFLMNAO...

The left ARE THEM... and there's simply no means to reason with those who are incapable of reason... and here's the evidence which sustains that truth:

The Left support Islam, in that like the Left, Islam hates America... The Irony here is that Islam hates America BECAUSE of the Left ... vis a vis :eek: "The Great Satan." :eek:

Twisted, huh...

I think Mr. Obama should get an "Apology Czar". who's duty would be to simply travel the globe telling everyone they come into contact with how sorry America is for whatever problem they may believe has been caused by or worsened by the United States of America. Seems like this would save both him and his important staff lots of time in the long run.

I think Mr. Obama should get an "Apology Czar". who's duty would be to simply travel the globe telling everyone they come into contact with how sorry America is for whatever problem they may believe has been caused by or worsened by the United States of America. Seems like this would save both him and his important staff lots of time in the long run.

perhaps a suggestion box on the south lawn?? hhmmmm? :eusa_whistle:

POZNAN, Poland - The UN global warming conference currently underway in Poland is about to face a serious challenge from over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe who are criticizing the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore. Set for release this week, a newly updated U.S. Senate Minority Report features the dissenting voices of over 650 international scientists, many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN. The report has added about 250 scientists (and growing) in 2008 to the over 400 scientists who spoke out in 2007. The over 650 dissenting scientists are more than 12 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.

The U.S. Senate report is the latest evidence of the growing groundswell of scientific opposition rising to challenge the UN and Gore. Scientific meetings are now being dominated by a growing number of skeptical scientists. The prestigious International Geological Congress, dubbed the geologists' equivalent of the Olympic Games, was held in Norway in August 2008 and prominently featured the voices and views of scientists skeptical of man-made global warming fears. [See Full report Here: & See: Skeptical scientists overwhelm conference: '2/3 of presenters and question-askers were hostile to, even dismissive of, the UN IPCC' ]

.: U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works :: Minority Page :.

I am constantly amazed that people still think that the the evidence for man made global warming is set in stone in there is no debate over it and that we as a nation need to go around the world and apologize for a science that is not even proven. I find it strange that we would do something along these lines unless it is to justify a postiion that is not supported and needs some air of legitimacy. I wonder what impression we as a nation would have made on the world had we run about apologizing for the comming ice age back in the 70's.

I am constantly amazed that people still think that the the evidence for man made global warming is set in stone in there is no debate over it and that we as a nation need to go around the world and apologize for a science that is not even proven. I find it strange that we would do something along these lines unless it is to justify a postiion that is not supported and needs some air of legitimacy. I wonder what impression we as a nation would have made on the world had we run about apologizing for the comming ice age back in the 70's.

Well our fearless leaders are going around the world apologizing for everything, real or imagined, that has ever happened in the world, so why not global warming? Many liberals love that because they see Europeans, etc. as superior to America and seem to feel a deep, if vague, contempt for their own country. And some of us think it contemptible. I would imagine many more are ambivalent or unsure.

And so it is with global warming.

I do not want to hand over my freedom, property, choices, options, or opportunities for a self-serving (for many) theory that is based in incomplete, inadequate, flawed, or bogus science. And, if the science is flawed, I do not want to condemn millions of people to more generations of crushing poverty because we deny them the right to exploit their own natural resources as we have already done. Most importantly, I think it is important to look at ALL the science and opinion out there, and not just that convenient to the environmental religionists and opportunists. It should make every thinking person suspicious that the science of skeptics is given short shrift or is ignored altogether.

I for one try to keep an open mind, but personally, at this time I think the skeptics are making the much more credible argument.

And I would like to have national leaders who recognize that America has much more to commend it than to condemn it, and we don't have any more to apologize for than anybody else.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

blameamercia-tn.jpg

Forum List

Back