Let States pay for their own reps.

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
Is anybody else angry that they pay for congressmen that do not represent them nor do you have the ability to even vote for or against them. The states that do elect these people should pay their salary and benefits. It really bothers me that my tax dollars are being sent to pay the salary of someone that does not have the best interest of my state and I have no vote in getting him out. A perfect example "Barney Frank". You know his top priority is looking out for the best interest of farmers in Texas. What a joke.

Last edited:
Is anybody else angry that they pay for congressmen that do not represent them nor do you have the ability to even vote for or against them. The states that do elect these people should pay their salary and benefits. It really bothers me that my tax dollars are being sent to pay the salary of someone that does not have the best interest of my state and I have no vote in getting him out. A perfect example "Barney Frank". You know his top priority is looking out for the best interest of farmers in Texas. What a joke.

I see you can only see one side of the coin. There are other representatives who look out for Texas farmers and all other farmers and you have no vote in getting them in or out.

Excelent point. There isn't a valid reason for the people in PA to being paying for reps in NY.

Forum List

Back