Let me see if I am getting this straight...

Now as a left leaner I find it EASIER to find fault in far right conservative viewpoints
You find it easier because it's intellectual laziness you're describing, and suppression of intellectual honesty. That's the disease of all partisans, no matter their stripe.

Yeah MM I see you calling out the right wing ALL THE TIME......It is natural to find fault with people who have different views then you that's just a fact it's not intellectual laziness.

Do you understand how completely UN-American it is to imprison people with NO charges NO right to hear the charges against them, no right to an attorney, no right to see EVIDENCE against them, and be held INDEFINATELY for as long as we WANT to keep them.
Are you aware that's still going on, and is going to continue going on, with selected subjects? Are you aware that Eric Holder said that if KSM is acquitted, we will still be holding him indefinitely?

The REAL question you should be asking yourself is, "Why?"

Why doesn't justice apply to all?

We have our own political prisoners here.

Sirhan Sirhan is serving more time than other murderers because he shot a Kennedy. So why not hold a fucking murdering terrorist who btw admitted his culpability already.

the thing that bothers me about this whole soon to be circus of a trial is that we will necessarily be making public our intelligence gathering techniques and our intelligence agents will be publicly testifying thereby destroying any future of operating covertly and some of them will quite possibly have to go into witness protection to protect their families.

It's just a bad idea to give these enemy foreign nationals the same rights as an American citizen.

Let them be tries in a military court where they belong.

In a civil trial, any classified material that the defense deems it requires will be scrutinized and decided upon in pre-court, non-public hearings. So let's put that part to rest.

We have our own political prisoners here.

Sirhan Sirhan is serving more time than other murderers because he shot a Kennedy. So why not hold a fucking murdering terrorist who btw admitted his culpability already.

the thing that bothers me about this whole soon to be circus of a trial is that we will necessarily be making public our intelligence gathering techniques and our intelligence agents will be publicly testifying thereby destroying any future of operating covertly and some of them will quite possibly have to go into witness protection to protect their families.

It's just a bad idea to give these enemy foreign nationals the same rights as an American citizen.

Let them be tries in a military court where they belong.

Maybe we should just EXECUTE every SUSPECT that would take care of the problem right?

Who said anything about executing? I did not.

So stop the hyperbole and histrionics.

Keeping it simple for you now.

These terrorists are NOT US citizens but foreign nationals who are complicit in the largest act of mass murder ever perpetrated on US soil.

They do not qualify for the same rights. privileges and legal protections that are guaranteed to American Citizens in the Constitution.

They are foreign combatants and should be treated as such. We did not try Nazis captured in Germany for war crimes in US civilian courts did we?

What's unique is the crimes (acts, if you will) were perpetrated on our soil by foreigners. There is no precedent for where they should be tried.

Yes. I became condescending after 9-11.

Kill them all. They will surely kill you if given the chance.

Fucking PSYCHO alert!!!!

Kill ANYONE with an Arabic name right Claud-ett? Cuz ya know it's been a LONG time since the crusades. It's been a LONG time since people were killed for purely Religious/Ethnic reasons. So why don't you start your very OWN crusade and start KILLING people in your town with all those scary names like Mohamed?

Fucking PSYCHO alert!!!!

Kill ANYONE with an Arabic name right Claud-ett? Cuz ya know it's been a LONG time since the crusades. It's been a LONG time since people were killed for purely Religious/Ethnic reasons. So why don't you start your very OWN crusade and start KILLING people in your town with all those scary names like Mohamed?

really.....can you say rawanda...darfur.....somalia....the kurds and the current crop of islamic freedomfighters killing their own people all in the name of religion......not to mention the palestinians killing the jews because they are well...jewish....

Fucking PSYCHO alert!!!!

It's been a little over 8 years since about 3000 people were killed in the USA because they were not raghead moslams. seems like purely religious/ethnic reasons to me.

Are you saying that they have been - and should continue to be - treated in accordance with the Geneva Convention?

Yep. illegal combatants have NO rights under the Geneva convention. I blame bush for the fact they are still alive.

So you are saying yes, they are treated in accordance with the Geneva Convention? When the document itself makes it clear that it does not apply to them? So your position is that by NOT applying Geneva Convention standards, we have applied Geneva Convention standards?

Geneva Convention doesn't apply. Let's just leave it there.

And when we want to punish someone, we go to the courts. It's in that whole seperation of powers thingy. Military Tribunals are for military people - Geneva says that doesn't apply here.

It's the correct venue - although I've waffled before on this issue over the past few days, I think this is the right call.

That's interesting because I've been waffling in the other direction, loudly stating before now that I want Khalid Sheikh Mohammed tried in open court for all the world to see, and especially for Americans to see justice finally done. BUT, although I still want that to happen, I don't like the idea of a kangaroo court proceeding. And I've heard too many, Obama included, almost guarantee that he would get the death penalty. If we're going to put him on trial, already knowing what the outcome must be, that makes a mockery of our court system. So, for me anyway, it's a Catch-22 situation. I want the man dead dead dead, but I also don't want the integrity of our justice system to be damaged by such a blatant faux proceeding.

Fucking PSYCHO alert!!!!

really.....can you say rawanda...darfur.....somalia....the kurds and the current crop of islamic freedomfighters killing their own people all in the name of religion......not to mention the palestinians killing the jews because they are well...jewish....

Yeah I would like to keep America out of that kind of shit but hey Claud-ette can knock herself out and buy a ticket to Saudi Arabia and start her VERY OWN crusade.

Maybe we should just EXECUTE every SUSPECT that would take care of the problem right?

These terrorists are NOT US citizens but foreign nationals who are complicit in the largest act of mass murder ever perpetrated on US soil.

They do not qualify for the same rights. privileges and legal protections that are guaranteed to American Citizens in the Constitution.

They are foreign combatants and should be treated as such. We did not try Nazis captured in Germany for war crimes in US civilian courts did we?

What's unique is the crimes (acts, if you will) were perpetrated on our soil by foreigners. There is no precedent for where they should be tried.

There in no precedent? Gosh I guess a bunch of foreign drug dealers should be released from Federal prisons huh?

There in no precedent? Gosh I guess a bunch of foreign drug dealers should be released from Federal prisons huh?

You misinterpreted what I said. First, I meant terrorists, not drug dealers and the like. Second, if you check the history of terrorists that have previously been prosecuted, WHERE the venue should be has consistently been a conundrum. Even Jose Padilla, who was first arrested in Chicago, was shipped all over the Eastern Seaboard before his trial was finally held in Miami.

Forum List

Back