Let me get this straight.

Yet didn't I read somewhere that over 1000 people refused the testing and welfare? Now why would so many refuse the testing? And only an idiot would think they were trying to make a statement.

Yet didn't I read somewhere that over 1000 people refused the testing and welfare? Now why would so many refuse the testing? And only an idiot would think they were trying to make a statement.

Lack of adequate transportation to the testing facility and inability to pay the cost of the test. This has already been established. Keep up, sonny.

I have to take a random drug test and pass it to keep my job with the gubment, but it's against the 4th amendment for entitlement receivers to have to take a drug test to keep receiving taxpayer dollars for welfare? This judge is pathetic, and wrong. If I was the governor I would rewrite the laws governing the receiving of welfare, I would make it mandatory that they sign a form stating that they agree to a drug test each month to receive the welfare, that would bypass this judges ruling by having the recipient either volunteer to take the test or not receive the money or stamps.
Typical progressive bullshit, if you cannot get it done through legislation you go through a corrupt judge to legislate it from the bench.
Judge Blocks Florida's New Welfare Drug Testing Law | Fox News

That's pretty much what they are saying. Yes.

I have to take a random drug test and pass it to keep my job with the gubment, but it's against the 4th amendment for entitlement receivers to have to take a drug test to keep receiving taxpayer dollars for welfare?

Is there some good reason why you have to take a drug test to keep your job? Is your job one that would be seriously compromised if you were using, say, heroin or meth?

(I'm not defending the practice, 'cause I think drug tests for employment suck balls, but just pointing out one key difference here.)

UMM? What key Difference? Are you saying you think it is ok for Tax Payers to be asked to support peoples Drug Habits?

Look this is simple, and it's not to punish poor People. The Fact is Drug Habits are Expensive as hell, and it is not right that someone should receive Welfare while supporting an Expensive Drug Habit. We need to stop throwing money down the toilet, and believe me supporting someones drug habit, is fucking throwing money down the Toilet, and you better believe there are a shit ton of People getting food Stamps, or other Forms of Welfare who spend their own cash, large amounts of it, on Illegal Drugs every week.

I have to take a random drug test and pass it to keep my job with the gubment, but it's against the 4th amendment for entitlement receivers to have to take a drug test to keep receiving taxpayer dollars for welfare? This judge is pathetic, and wrong. If I was the governor I would rewrite the laws governing the receiving of welfare, I would make it mandatory that they sign a form stating that they agree to a drug test each month to receive the welfare, that would bypass this judges ruling by having the recipient either volunteer to take the test or not receive the money or stamps.
Typical progressive bullshit, if you cannot get it done through legislation you go through a corrupt judge to legislate it from the bench.
Very WRONG. People have a right since they are footing the bill to demand that the intended USE of thier money taken from them goes to it's intended USE.

This Judge is fucked in the head.:cuckoo:

perhaps if you knew how to spell "government", you could get a job where you don't have to pee in a bottle.

but good to know that the government pays your salary. isn't that a handout in rightwingnut world?

It is the judges and lawyers that have turned our country upside down, as they give deference to the takers.
They defend Moochers...dregs.

I have to take a random drug test and pass it to keep my job with the gubment, but it's against the 4th amendment for entitlement receivers to have to take a drug test to keep receiving taxpayer dollars for welfare?

Is there some good reason why you have to take a drug test to keep your job? Is your job one that would be seriously compromised if you were using, say, heroin or meth?

(I'm not defending the practice, 'cause I think drug tests for employment suck balls, but just pointing out one key difference here.)
SOCIETY...is seriously degraded from drug use...

IDIOT.

The people paying the bills deserve better than this. And are demanding it.

Lack of adequate transportation to the testing facility and inability to pay the cost of the test. This has already been established. Keep up, sonny.

Place your sonny where the sun don't shine. And I don't believe all that for a second either. Transportation and $20? I bet there are agencies dying to pay for them and give them rides.... Hell I'd volunteer transportation my own self. I do it on election day.

Place your sonny where the sun don't shine.

I thought that conservatives were supposed to be against gay sex?

And I don't believe all that for a second either.

Of course you don't. It was reported in the earlier article, posted in the earlier thread. But just want to pick and choose which facts to accept or reject, based on whether they support your pre-ordained conclusions.

Transportation and $20?

Yes, transportation and $20. These are poor people we're talking about. Even if we believe the wild accusations that all these people are raging druggies, we'd have to still conclude they don't have a car. They probably sold it for $20 worth of crack, right?

I bet there are agencies dying to pay for them and give them rides.

We should play poker. Seriously. In the mean time, I'LL TAKE SOME FUCKING EVIDENCE OF ALL THESE INVENTED CLAIMS!

Hell I'd volunteer transportation my own self. I do it on election day.

Then get off the computer and get out there already.

Uh....if someone is sooooooo poor to need welfare handouts to "live on" then they should not be spending that money on things not required to live....like drugs.

Good god some of you people should not be breathing....

How is it different?? Especially when kids are involved. Shouldn't they have straight/sober parents to make sure they aren't hurt?? Aren't our children important enough to make safety a priority??

What is the consequence if someone tests positive?

I could get behind this if what's done is to get more information, find out if the drug use represents a serious problem (e.g. heroin addiction), and if so get the parents into rehab therapy.

What I suspect, though, is that the consequence would be a denial of benefits, which would make the children's already-difficult situation that much worse.

Uh....if someone is sooooooo poor to need welfare handouts to "live on" then they should not be spending that money on things not required to live....like drugs.

Unless you're going to produce some evidence to suggest that they are in fact spending money on drugs, STOP BREATHING AND SHUT UP.

Unless you're going to produce some evidence to suggest that they are in fact spending money on drugs, STOP BREATHING AND SHUT UP.
:lol: Anyone who thinks an addict will not forego anything to get a fix doesn't quite grasp what addiction is.

:lol: Anyone who thinks an addict will not forego anything to get a fix doesn't quite grasp what addiction is.

PRODUCE SOME DAMN EVIDENCE THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE DRUG ADDICTS, OR EVEN NON-ADDICTED RECREATIONAL USERS. If you can't, then stop making the claim.

Shouldn't CEOs be drug tested?

The consequences of their decisions are much worse than some poor welfare participant

Forum List

Back