Let immigrants in... to Detroit

• Banned
If these "immigrants" are so great that they can turn around the economy of Detroit, why not send them back to their own countries where they really need the help?

If these "immigrants" are so great that they can turn around the economy of Detroit, why not send them back to their own countries where they really need the help?

I'm an immigrant living in the Detroit area. My country seems to be doing OK without me, but thanks for your concern.

Actually it's not such a bad idea.

Needs some (read many) details filled in, of course.

These people would be URBAN PIONEERS.

You want to buy land in the land of opportunity?

Great! buy Detroit.

You'd be doing well by doing good.

I think we might consider offering petitioners who otherwise cannot get their green cards such an opportunity.

Just as we have enterprize zones that are really welfare for corporations?

We create immingrant zones where truly ambitious immigrants can come and buy into the nation while at the same time bringing enough capital to invest in areas where investments capital is in short supply.

REads like a win/win opportunity to me.

Great! buy Detroit.

I think we might consider offering petitioners who otherwise cannot get their green cards such an opportunity.

We create immingrant zones where truly ambitious immigrants can come and buy into the nation while at the same time bringing enough capital to invest in areas where investments capital is in short supply.

Ask any American who have to live with them if its a good idea.:cuckoo:

Great! buy Detroit.

Really? A win-win? Get hundreds of thousands of people who speak little English, have no job and have little in terms of cash assets to move into a decaying city with historical race relations issues in an area of above average unemployment. If the intention is to create an underclass living in ghettoes, a Potter's Field rather than a Bailey Park, then it would indeed be a win-win.

I'm an immigrant living in the Detroit area. My country seems to be doing OK without me, but thanks for your concern.
What country is that?

What country is that?

I'm sure you can find that out if you're really interested.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLsPgTLnOTU]YouTube - Kiss Detroit rock city 1976[/ame]

No country is doing okay without any of you. Is that not the reason so many of you are here? Your countries suck! Otherwise you would be telling your lie over there and not here.

No country is doing okay without any of you. Is that not the reason so many of you are here? Your countries suck! Otherwise you would be telling your lie over there and not here.

No, it's not, but don't let that stop you from taking a bizarrely unsupported and generalized position.

Forum List

Back